Let’s be honest that many girls try weird tattoos in their younger days. However, upon maturity, they ask for tattoos that have deep symbolic meaning. This photo gallery includes 50+ meaningful tattoos for women.
Let me clear to you that some tattoos are exchangeable which means that you can have them on any other body part instead of the one shown in the photo. I would suggest you discuss it with your friends and family before getting tattooed. Here are the 50 best tattoo ideas for women with meaning.
Shoulder Tattoos for Women
1. You do not have to try a full-back tattoo design. I would recommend you to try a geometrical flower tattoo on your upper back like this.
2. Anchor tattoos have deep meaning for women. They represent faith and bonding. Sisters can have matching anchor tattoos that will represent how deeply they trust each other and support each other.
3. Lots of my female clients ask for 3D tattoos. But not every artist can pull off cool 3d tattoo designs. I urge all female clients to first fix their design and then find a suitable artist to ink it on their body.
5. You can try a hummingbird tattoo. They represent dedication and hard work. Here is an awesome hummingbird tattoo design on the rib cage of this woman.
Tattoos for Women on Arm
6. Not every girl tries full-back tattoos but for those who do, I always recommend trying tribal tattoo design on the full-back. Here is a Hindu culture-inspired tribal tattoo on the back of this woman. Do you know that Hindu Tattoos look stunning and show your powerful nature?
7. Dreamcatcher is said to bring good luck. It is believed that they scare away nightmares and make your good dreams possible in reality. Therefore many men and women opt for dreamcatcher tattoos. Here is a beautiful dreamcatcher tattoo on the thigh of this woman.
8. The flower is the most common tattoo design opted for by women but it can be made unique by adopting various forms. For example, if you consider yourself a dangerous woman then add a snake to your flower vine tattoo like this.
10. Even though Celtic tattoos are popular but they are not men-only tattoos. Women too can rock Celtic tattoos and one very cool design is the Celtic pattern tattoo.
Tribal Tattoo Ideas for Women
13. Sun and moon tattoos are often suggested to couples. So you can try a sun and moon tattoo design with your S.O. and the wrist is the best place for it.
14. As a religious person, I often admire cross tattoos. Even though I recommend my clients to have them on the chest but cross tattoos will look good on the back as well.
Small Meaningful Tattoos for Females
17. As I said earlier, flowers are the most popular tattoo designs among women. But the type of flower you choose for your tattoo also tells a lot about your personality. For example, a sunflower tattoo represents hope and optimism.
Tattoos for Women’s Hand
23. Men often opt for fierce animal tattoos like a tiger or lion. I would recommend you to try lioness or tigress tattoos. Here is a beautiful and unique lion tattoo on the back shoulder of this lady.
24. Lower back tattoos are almost exclusive to women as men often avoid them. So why not celebrate this exclusiveness with a badass tattoo? Here is a horse tattoo on the lower back of this woman. You can improve it as a unicorn tattoo.
Thigh Tattoo For Women
28. Many artists often suggest sexy tattoos for women in their photo galleries. If you want to add spiciness to your tattoo then try a rose tattoo on the lower back like this.
30. Dragon tattoos are equally popular among men and women. I would advise you to try a large size dragon tattoo. Only the back or side of the rib cage can afford such large size dragon tattoos. What do you think of these badass dragon tattoo ideas for women?
Body art Tattoos Ideas for Women
32. Skull tattoos are not exclusive to men. In fact, I find sugar skull tattoos more attractive to women. Here is a beautiful sugar skull tattoo on the outer bicep of this woman.
34. Semicolon tattoos gained worldwide popularity after they were linked to mental illness. So if you or any of your family members are struggling with a psychological illness then you can show support by dedicating a semicolon tattoo to them.
Behind the Ear Tattoo Ideas For Women
37. Have you seen the movie ‘The Witch’? If you have seen the film then you surely know about the goat Black Phillip. Try a black goat tattoo on the stomach if you like gothic tattoos.
39. Quote tattoos are more searched by women than men. If you opt for a quote tattoo then please have it in a large size so it is readable.
Ankle Tattoos for Women
45. This tree tattoo design can be improved by making it a standing tree. This is why I say placement is important in tattoos. Try a tree tattoo design on your lower back that expands on your whole back.
Cross Tattoo For Women
49. Dandelion tattoos also have fan following among tattoo lovers. I prefer dandelion tattoos on the upper arm like this.
So which tattoos from the above photo gallery you would recommend to your female friends?