Different types of moon tattoo designs represent different meanings. People love moon tattoos because they can be tried with so many different combinations ranging from sun and moon to wolf and moon and flower and moon.
Not only this but SOLO moon tattoo also looks HANdsome. Don’t you agree? You can try a different type of moon tattoos ranging from half moon, full moon, moon phases, and red moon.
Here we present you more than 115 moon tattoos with meaning that can be tried by both men and women –
Sailor Moon Tattoos
1. Many people believe in the blood moon prophecy and therefore love to try a blood moon tattoo. It is a unique design and you can try it.
2. Usually blue moon is a full moon but you can try a half phase blue moon tattoo which will represent that you are going for perfection.
3. If you want to try a black moon tattoo then I would suggest you try a realistic moon design and add black spots (plus clouds) to it like this.
4. The tattoo of moon is often added with other tattoo designs and one very popular combination is cat moon tattoo as shown on the back neck of this girl.
5. Celtic art has given different version of every design. Here this celtic moon tattoo is a unique and beautiful design that you can try.
Black Moon tattoo
6. One cool idea would be to show a starry night with a the moon shining in between.
7. Crescent moon tattoo can be represented in two ways – waning (reducing) or waxing (increasing). Both have different meanings. Here is a waxing tattoo of the crescent moon which represent leaning toward success and goals.
8. Girls can add flower to their moon tattoo to make it cute and attractive.
9. Dragon and moon both were considered mysterious and magical in ancient times. A dragon moon tattoo would represent your mysterious persona.
10. There are many flowers that you can add to your tattoo of the moon but can you find any better flower moon tattoo than this? Do you know that the moon makes the right size for a perfect solar eclipse.
Small Moon Tattoos
11. A Full moon tattoo represents completion,change and perfection. It will mean that you have achieved something in your life and ready to move on to next phase of your life.
12. According to one theory about end times, it is said that the moon will fall on earth thus destroying all life forms. This gave rise to the popularity of angry moon tattoos like this.
13. Moon played a vital role in the rise of algebra and geometry in mathematics. A Geometric moon tattoo will represent your likeliness for maths.
14. Ancient gypsies used moon phases to tell what will happen in future. If you believe in magic then go for gypsy moon tattoos.
15. A half-moon tattoo would represent that you are seeking completion. It is the best choice for single people who are looking for true love in this world.
Paper Moon Tattoo
16. You can have tiny little moon tattoos that can be paired with sun and stars.
17. Mandala tattoo represent mystic so if you add a tattoo of moon to it then it would be a perfect combination.
18. Couples prefer matching sun and moon tattoos but sisters or mother daughter can try matching moon tattoo designs.
19. I have soft corner for minimal tattoo designs. This minimalist moon and sun tattoo is perfect design for couples.
20. Many people like to have ‘To the Moon and Back Tattoo’; Thanks to the popular quote and also song of Savage garden. You too can try such designs.
Crescent Moon tattoos
21. Moon and clouds tattoo is also a classic combination which means that even though you are facing problems in your life but they won’t tear you apart and change your beautiful nature.
22. Another beautiful combination is moon and rose tattoo where both would represent beauty.
23. Moon and stars tattoo can be dedicated to your love where you can state that even though there are trillions of stars (people) in the sky (world) yet your lover is the moon of your life.
24. Moon cycle tattoo represent the changes in life. It will represent that it doesn’t matter if you are in good times or bad times, it will not be same for long.
25. People look for henna tattoos and I always suggest them (especially married women) to try moon henna tattoos as they turn out really pretty.
Geometric Moon Tattoo
26. You can dedicate a moon of my life tattoo to your loved one. You can make it even more special by adding their name to it.
27. Moon phases tattoo has deep meaning. They represent the ups and downs of life that every person in this world faces. They are a symbol of hope.
28. You can opt for traditional moon tattoos designs but remember to add other design to them like this.
29. Here is a unique idea for tattoo of moon – It will suit people who are music lover.
30. This tattoo of moon is inspired from the famous Disney film Aladdin. It represent wealth.
Full Moon Tattoos
31. Here is a double exposure tattoo of moon that is perfectly placed on the back of the neck of this woman.
32. As sea tides play a vital role in the changing of moon phases, so a cool idea would be to add them. It will represent that you are ready to face the problems that come your way.
33. Many consider tattoo of moon to be lucky charm. If you think the same then this design would perfectly show it.
34. You can try a temporary tattoo of moon by using colored pens or even mehndi.
35. One of the best tattoo design that you can try on your wrist is of moon. It perfectly compliment the size of wrist.
Phases of the Moon Tattoo
36. A new moon tattoo would be based on the first moon phase that comes after the amavasya.
37. Not every artist would be able to pull off such beautiful and realistic moon tattoo design but if you know any experienced artist then go for it.
38. Here is another beautiful version of the red moon tattoos design that represent uniqueness and magic.
39. If you are fan of Japanese anime sailor moon then you can try at tattoo design based on it.
40. Don’t you think that a simple moon tattoo would look as adorable as any other elaborative tattoo design?
Midnight Moon Tattoos
41. You can try a small tattoo of moon on your fingers or wrist or even foot.
42. There are many creative sun and moon tattoo designs that you can try. Here is one that I found very impressive.
43. One common idea to a couple tries the moon and sun tattoo in such a way that the sun is inked on the boy and the moon is inked on the girl.
44. This tiny moon outline tattoo on the foot of this guy is really cute.
45. One cool traditional moon tattoo idea would to add the milky way galaxy in the background of the moon tattoo.
Tree and Moon tattoo
46. One very scenic and beautiful view is the moon rising behind a tree. You can get this scene inked on your body.
47. I bet that you would not be able to keep your eyes of this beautiful tribal moon tattoo design.
48. A triple moon tattoo like this will represent the dual nature of a person which is very common actually.
49. Watercolor moon tattoos can turn out really beautiful but surely they won’t last for long.
50. On combination that you can try is the howling wolf and half moon. Wolf often howl at full moon.
Here are 65 more moon tattoos designs that you can try –