Do you know that cross tattoos are the most popular tattoo designs in the world? The world is inhabited by around 2 billion Christians. Even though not everyone considers tattoos but those who do consider cross designs.
There are many different types of cross designs ranging from Celtic, catholic, tribal, traditional, Irish, feminine, religious, and Viking. Here we have listed 50+ unique and simple cross tattoo designs that you can choose from.
Tribal Cross Tattoos on the arm
1. I think simple crosses look way much better than their modified counterparts. Just look at this cross tattoo on the back neck of this guy and you would agree.
American flag and cross tattoo design
2. You might be interested in 3D cross tattoo designs. If so then I would recommend you to try a cross that is bent on the sides like this.
3. Many artists recommend adding a banner or ribbon around the cross. This boy has a beautiful tattoo designed on his bicep with a cross and a ribbon.
4. One more design that is popular among tattoo lovers is the Celtic cross. Here is a variant of the Celtic cross tattoo that will suit well on couples.
5. You can give a medieval era look to your cross design by adding a royal king crown. The artist here added a ring too that is probably inspired by Lord of the Rings.
6. Personally, I think the cross should be medium to large in size. But if you admire small cross tattoos then one of the best places to have them is a finger.
7. The combination of cross and anchor tattoo is very meaningful as it signifies that the faith of the person is much stronger in God than in anything else.
8. Another beautiful combination would be a cross and wings tattoo. I would suggest you have it in a large size. A cool idea would be to try large size angel wings on the back and a cross on the backbone.
9. If you opt for a larger cross then one thing that you can do is to add minor subtle details in the design (like a bible verse maybe).
10. Even though not many would admire this unique tattoo design but I have to admit that it will be a good conversation starter and people will surely ask about its meaning. There are so many different types of crosses that you should read about it before you choose your design.
11. A blackwork (or neo-tribal) cross tattoo would look incomplete somehow. So I suggest adding an outline to it just like this eye-catching tattoo.
12. One very creative idea would be to wear a cross necklace tattoo. Even though necklace tattoos are tried by women but in my opinion men can try them too.
13. A cross can also be a really touching memorial tattoo. You can add the name of your late family member and surely it would be an emotional tribute.
14. How about giving a unique shade to your cross design? Instead of coloring the interior of the cross, you can have a simple cross with outline placed over a dark background like this.
15. The cross and angel wings tattoo combination can be tried on various parts of the body and one unique placement would be to try it behind the ears.
16. It is not necessary to show wings far apart from the cross. You can give the cross itself two angelic wings like this.
17. You can add religious words to your cross design. Some cool suggestions are – Faith, Hope, Love, God, Christ, and family.
18. Is there a special reason that the artist added polygon shapes to this cross design? I found it unique and cool but I am confused about their representation.
19. Now, this is a really smart and impressive tattoo design. First of all, I loved the minimal design and secondly, the 3D look of this tattoo is killer. Trust me, only an experienced tattoo artist can pull this off.
20. Another cool tattoo design is to show as if the cross is stitched along the skin. It may offend some people so think thoroughly before finalizing.
21. If you are a peaceful person and want to send this message through your tattoos then I would suggest you add flying birds to it.
22. You should not have a religious tattoo on a lower part of the body because it would be disrespectful. Still many people search for cross tattoos on ankles and feet.
23. You can ask the artist to leave a little greyish shade around the edges of the cross tattoo (using white ink) to give it a completely different look.
24. As I said cross design on feet would be disrespectful. Many artists would suggest you try a cross anklet tattoo like this.
25. There is no point in trying a really tiny cross tattoo. Show your faith proudly. But if for some reason you cannot have a large tattoo then try this simple cross tattoo on your finger.
26. You can add a quote with your cross that shows your faith in God. Many people prefer adding bible verses but there are many positive God quotes too.
27. If you want to have a cross inked on your forearm then please carefully check the size and the placement of the tattoo. You would not like the cross to extend up to the elbow.
28. Here is another unique tattoo of a cross that seems to be inspired by the shield of the warrior. Such a cross would look good on the chest, stomach, or rib cage.
29. The wrist is commonplace to try cross designs. You can give it a unique turn by trying the cross on the side of the wrist like this.
30. One design that I often recommend to my clients is the cross and heartbeat tattoo design. It is very meaningful and you can add words too to it.
31. If you want to dedicate your cross in the memory of your loved ones then I would suggest adding a banner to it.
32. Catholic crosses are much more popular than other cross tattoo designs. If you are a true catholic then this tattoo might interest you.
33. Another beautiful idea for a tattoo would be to try a cross with flowers tattoo. However, the placement of the flower will matter a lot in such a design.
34. Girls would find small cross tattoos cute. A really cool and cute tattoo idea would be to try a tiny cross on side of the neck.
35. Now here is a really beautiful and fabulous modification of a cross tattoo. The artist made a cross just using a flowering vine and this is really impressive.
36. The artist gave a unique look to this tattoo design by adding a tiny cross to the bigger cross.
37. This tiny cross tattoo design might fade away real quick but it surely is a very simple and pretty design.
38. If you wish to add a heart to your cross then I would suggest you add it to the center. Also, give the heart a red color.
39. Irish cross tattoos may not be as popular as a Celtic cross but they have their own dedicated fan following. Here is a beautiful Irish cross design on the hand of this boy.
40. The Knights of ancient Malta used a special kind of cross design known as a Maltese cross. You can try the Maltese cross which looks like this.
41. Many people like to have colorful tattoos and if you want one then I would suggest you pick up a red color cross tattoo.
42. If you want to give your cross a religious look then I would suggest you add praying hands to it like this.
43. If placed smartly, a cross can really look like a piece of art. See in this image the artist made the cross tattoo look like an earring.
44. Couples can have matching cross designs. One very good option would be to try a cross tattoo on ring fingers as shown in this picture.
45. You can add small star tattoos along with your cross design. Here is a cool option for you to consider.
46. Siblings can also have matching tattoo designs and my suggestion to them would be to try a small cross tattoo behind the ear as shown here.
47. There are many cross tattoo designs available online but in my opinion, this is one of the best tribal cross that will suit boys.
48. Isn’t this tattoo design unique and creative? I really liked the way the artist added the name of Jesus on the cross.
49. Have you ever tried a white ink cross tattoo? If you are considering a white ink tattoo then a cross is the best choice.
50. You can opt for realistic cross designs that have a textured wooden look. Here is one that is made on the stem of the tree.
Cross on back tattoo
Cross tattoos on ribs
cross tattoo designs with banners
Shoulder blade cross tattoos
Cross tattoos for women
Cross tattoos with names
Tribal cross tattoo designs
Irish Cross Tattoos
Here are 50+ more unique cross tattoos that we found brilliant.
Jesus on the cross tattoos
Cross with a flag tattoo
Crucifix tattoo on arm
Cross on the back tattoos
So which cross tattoo design from the above photo gallery do you like the most?