Nautical tattoos are not just popular among sailors and navy men but also popular among boys and girls who admire sea life. Most guys opt for simple or small nautical tattoos but trust me a traditional or a large size nautical tattoo will look brilliant on the sleeve.
There are many different designs among nautical tattoos and each design holds a unique meaning. Here we show you the 50 best nautical tattoos with meaning behind each tattoo –
Nautical Star Tattoo Meaning
3. Instead of trying any new nautical tattoo you can always opt for old school or traditional nautical tattoos. Here is a traditional ship wheel tattoo design along with a quote and a landscape in the background.
5. You must choose the size of your nautical tattoo wisely. If you are trying for a large size nautical tattoo then it will look good on the chest or back.
raven feather tattoo meaning
6. Most people and artist ignore lighthouse in nautical tattoos but believe me they are very meaningful in such tattoos. You can try a lighthouse tattoo shining in a sea storm and it will represent hope.
7. Choosing just one pattern or design for nautical sleeve tattoos is really difficult. What you can do is opt for a compass or anchor tattoo in large size and get it inked over a sea tattoo background.
10. Or you can try a marine animal tattoo. Usually, people try shark tattoos but why not try a mystic sea animal tattoo such as a large squid tattoo or an octopus tattoo design. You can also use terms and words from glossary of ship man.
quarter sleeve tattoos with meaning
nautical tattoos for guys
11. You can give a realistic look to your compass tattoo design by trying it in a neo-tribal style. Here the artist tattooed the compass tattoo on the wrist of this guy using solid black ink and made it look like a wristwatch.
nautical memorial tattoos
21. A Genius tattoo artist can come up with a brilliant tattoo design where everything is shown in one big tattoo. Such as here is a mix up tattoo that shows an anchor, a lighthouse and a ship wheel along with ropes.
23. The hand is an ideal part to have nautical tattoos as it can easily be linked with either a compass tattoo or a ship wheel tattoo. The choice is yours and you can make it even better with a 4 letter word tattooed on knuckles.
26. If you are opt-in for a nautical sleeve tattoo design then you will surely be advised for a design that includes everything related to sailing. I would recommend you to have the ship tattoo on inner bicep in such designs as it will perfectly suit.
small nautical tattoos for guys
31. You can have a full chest or full back nautical tattoos as it will give a huge space for large size tattoo designs. Here the artist perfectly utilized the space and showed a giant squid, a ship and a lighthouse in one tattoo design.
39. Instead of opting for obvious nautical tattoos you can opt for offbeat tattoo design one that is inspired by animated movies or tv series. Here is a Popeye the sailor man tattoo design along with his lady love olive.
nautical half sleeve tattoo
44. This rope tattoo design alone will not be much meaningful but you can modify it by adding an anchor on the other end. It can be shown as if the rope is tied on the elbow and the anchor is hanging on the wrist.
49. You can try an ancient whale tattoo design all you have to do is to pick up a giant whale that existed in ancient history. You can get it tattooed on inner bicep like this. The artist gave a double exposure to this tattoo by adding a traditional nautical sketch tattoo to it.
Which nautical tattoo design you liked the most from the above photo gallery?