The trend for mother-daughter tattoos is on the rise for the past couple of years. True Love does exist and you can feel it around your mother. There is no denying the fact that mothers are the best gift from God and they share a unique bond with their children. Daughters are truly blessed who consider their mother as their best friend. But a relationship between mother and daughter is beyond just friendship and it is hard to explain in words or any art form.
Still, one thing that you can do is to share a mutual interest and keep it alive for a lifetime. One such interest is tattooing. If you wish to have a meaningful and heart-touching tattoo with your mother/daughter then you have come to the right place. Here we present you 50 matching and small mother-daughter tattoos that you can try.
Mother and Daughter Matching Tattoo
1. If you have two or more daughters then a very impressive mother-daughter tattoo idea would be to try the moon and star tattoo design. You can have a half-moon tattoo with two or more stars (should be equal to your daughters). The girls can have a matching tattoo with their mom but without the stars like this.
Mom and Daughter ankle tattoo
2. There is a popular quote – ‘LIKE FATHER LIKE SON’ so why not use it for mom and daughter? Here is a like mother like daughter tattoo design on the forearm of this woman.
Tattoo idea for your daughter
3. You have a single child – a daughter, and then you should get tattooed with a very special design. The most meaningful tattoo in such cases would be the “You are My Sunshine” tattoo. You can add this quote to a silhouette tattoo.
4. Daughters can have a very special and meaningful tattoo dedicated to their mom. One very heart-touching idea is to try a mother figure tattoo with an angel hologram on its head. Here is a picture showing this tattoo idea.
5. Women are fond of butterfly tattoos. So a matching butterfly tattoo idea would be to try the half design on each one’s body. It will be best suited on the wrist or forearm – when you two join the forearms the tattoo will be complete.
6. Cancer is one of the worst diseases. Mother-daughter cancer ribbon tattoos will be very meaningful and close to the heart of those ladies who have faced this deadly disease. You can modify the cancer ribbon in the shape of a heart like this.
7. Mother and daughter share a uniquely special bond and to be honest it is hard to show that bond through a tattoo. One tattoo that beautifully shows this bond is the heart tattoo design.
8. You can also opt for a mother with child tattoo design and it is not necessary to show a human mother with a human child. You can try animal mother tattoos like this.
9. One of the best experiences that a woman feels in life is giving birth to a child. It’s a miracle. You can go for a mother giving birth to a child tattoo design or something similar to this.
10. Instead of trying complex tattoo ideas you can try a simple design like a simple heart tattoo or a heartbeat tattoo. Here is a heartbeat tattoo design on the index finger of this duo.
Mother Daughter Infinity Tattoos
11. Do you know Elephants have the longest gestation period? It will be therefore very meaningful for mothers to have an elephant with their calf tattoo.
12. This beautiful tattoo design on the shoulder of this lady is perfectly placed. It is made even more beautiful by the addition of a moon tattoo in the background.
13. A cute idea is to get tattooed with the date of birth of your daughter along with her name.
14. If your family has a history in the navy then you should probably try nautical tattoos. One cool nautical tattoo idea is to try the anchor and ship wheel tattoo. The daughter should get tattooed with a ship wheel design and the mother should opt for the anchor tattoo.
15. This matching elephant tattoo design on this duo could be improved if the mother had opted for a mummy elephant tattoo and the daughter had opted for a baby elephant tattoo.
16. Another meaningful idea is to try the swallow bird tattoo design. Swallow birds are known for their capability to track back home so it is a very meaningful tattoo idea.
17. It is very common for mother and daughter to share a similar interest. So why not go for a tattoo that shows their mutual interest? For example, this mother-daughter duo got tattooed with a book tattoo thereby showing that they love reading.
18. Bow and arrow tattoo design will suit those mother daughters who are bold and fear of nothing. You can add multiple arrows to your bow tattoo and the number will denote your number of daughters.
19. When you opt for a mother-daughter tattoo then make sure they are on a body part where there is no other visible tattoo. It will not look good if one has a tattoo on a clean hand (or another body part) and the other one is having a matching tattoo placed among other tattoos.
Mom and Kids Tattoo
20. Many cultures have considered dreamcatcher tattoos to be very lucky so why not have a matching dreamcatcher tattoo design?
21. Infinity tattoo designs are often suggested to siblings, couples, and mother-daughter. Infinity tattoos are often accompanied by heart tattoos thereby denoting ‘Infinite Love’. You can replace a heart tattoo with a feather tattoo like this.
22. Flower vine tattoos are often related to connection, bonding, and evolution. There are multiple flowers on a vine. This makes it a very meaningful option for mother-daughter tattoos.
23. Here is a variation of an infinity heart tattoo design. You can add the words mother and daughter to such tattoos and they will look amazing on the forearm.
24. If you want a unique idea then I would suggest you try a puzzle pieces tattoo. But make sure the puzzle pieces tattoo look complete when they are joined together.
25. One of my favorite tattoo ideas for Grandmother, mother, and daughter is to try a knitting tattoo design. Grandmother can have a temporary knitting tattoo inked using watercolor or pastel colors.
26. To be honest this is a weird tattoo design because the artist inked a frog on the hand of the mother and a ladybug on the hand of the daughter. It can be improved by opting either for a matching ladybug tattoo or a matching frog tattoo.
27. Heart lock and key tattoo designs are often just associated with couples but this is not right. The love between a mother and her child is the purest form of love so it will be meaningful if the mother-daughter goes for a lock and key tattoo design.
28. You will be amazed to know that multiple tribal designs are meant for mother and daughter. You can find such designs on Tumblr, Pinterest, or DeviantArt. Surely tribal tattoos like this will be jaw-dropping as well.
29. Instead of showing a human mother with a human child in your tattoo design you can try mythological creatures. How about getting tattooed with a mermaid mother and daughter tattoo?
30. You can opt for a one-word tattoo design and that word should be MOTHER and DAUGHTER. It doesn’t have to be in English. You can have it inked in Hindi, Sanskrit, Arabic, Urdu, or Spanish.
31. Owls are symbolic of knowledge and wisdom. Mother and daughter can opt for a matching owl tattoo design if they believe that knowledge is power.
32. You surely enjoyed a memorable holiday destination with your family. It may be a beach or a hill station or any other spot. It will be pretty if you get the landscape tattooed on your body.
33. You will find hundreds of Mother-Daughter quotes on sites like Brainyquote. You can get your favorite quote tattooed on your body that best defined the relationship you two share.
34. It is not necessary to have matching tattoos on the same body part as your mother/daughter. You can have matching tattoos on separate body parts and they will still look cute.
35. Why would anyone get tattooed with great hammerhead sharks? Maybe because hammerhead sharks are that shark species that live together. Pretty cool.
Mother Daughter Quotes for Tattoos
36. Even though I recommend my clients who want matching tattoos to try quote tattoos on their body but I never recommend them to try quote tattoos on foot.
37. If you are a person with knowledge then you should have your quote and get it inked on your forearm.
38. Mothers have many similarities with trees. Just like Trees they have a giving nature and expect nothing in return. So it would be very symbolic to get tattooed with a tree tattoo. Here is a beautiful picture of one unique design.
39. A unique and interesting place to have mother-daughter tattoos is behind the ear. You can have small yet meaningful tattoos around your ear.
40. If you opt for the “You are My Sunshine” Tattoo design then you can make it even more impressive by adding a beautiful sun tattoo design around it.
Like Mother Like Daughter Tattoos
41. One of the best mother-daughter tattoos for three would be the infinity heart tattoo design. It will suit all the mother-daughter around the world.
42. Seashells are known for their protective exoskeleton that protects the animal from outer world threats. A mother also protects her child from all the dangers. So a Seashell tattoo is worth trying.
43. Instead of trying large-size tattoos, I would highly recommend you try small subtle, and more meaningful tattoos. A small and matching butterfly tattoo would look way better than most other tattoo designs.
44. Mother and daughter can get tattooed with their favorite beverage. Mine is coffee so I opted for this coffee tattoo design.
45. A timepiece tattoo will also be very meaningful because time flies very quickly with family and good people and you always miss those moments.
46. Here is a cute ‘Her Daughter’ and ‘Her Mother’ tattoo design. It would have looked even better if tried on the forearm or shoulder.
47. Yin Yang tattoos are perfect choices for relationship tattoos and they perfectly suit mothers and daughters. You can have a matching Yin yang tattoo with your mother/daughter.
48. If you love tattoos then no matter what I strongly suggest you have one tattoo on your body dedicated to your mother – even if it is tiny.
49. This tiny subtle heart tattoo design will perfectly suit those mothers and daughters who are not so fond of tattoos but still want to have something special with their daughter/mother.
50. Here is a simple and emotional daughter-mother tattoo design. You should try it on the back or neck.
Mother Daughter Tattoos Ideas
Here are more than 50+ mother-daughter tattoos ideas.
Daughter Tattoo for Mom
best mom and daughter tattoo
mother daughter tatoo idea
Which daughter mother tattoo from the above photo gallery you liked the most?