Butterfly tattoos have a special meaning for girls. They represent hope, positivism, and beauty. You will find a lot of varieties on butterfly tattoo designs (for ex – black, blue, yellow, white, 3d, geometry, monarch, manly, tribal and traditional) but when it comes to picking up a design for yourself you will surely get confused.
We are here to help you to pick up the right kind of butterfly tattoo design and that too on the right body part. Here are 100+ simple small butterfly tattoos that will look beautiful on girls (but men can try them too) –
3D Butterfly Tattoos
1. A large size butterfly tattoo on the back is recommended only to those girls who unconditionally love butterfly tattoos and won’t have any other tattoo on back.
2. As Butterfly tattoos are very popular among girls so why not pick up a girl portrait along with a butterfly tattoo. Here is a butterfly tattoo sitting on the face of a girl.
3. Butterfly tattoos are so common that it gets tough for one to show his/her design unique. Therefore I would suggest you opt for a 3D butterfly tattoo on shoulder or forearm.
4. I don’t think it’s a cool idea to add a hot air balloon along with a butterfly tattoo but many people still look for such designs.
5. Many girls like to wear matching dresses with their butterfly tattoos. So you should pick the color that you are comfortable to wear in public.
Traditional Butterfly Tattoo on Wrist
6. Is this a simple butterfly tattoo or am I seeing a crying Gremlin in it? Look closer and you probably would also find the gremlin.
7. One of the best placements for butterfly tattoos is either behind the ear or on the back of the neck just like this.
8. Do not opt for a butterfly tattoo on soft part because It might leave bruises and red skin behind which will be too painful to look at. You can try nautical tattoos at such body parts.
9. Two butterflies tattoo is a good idea but getting tattooed with two 3D butterflies might not turn out as good as it sounds.
10. Like many other tattoos, you can add religious symbols or lucky signs to your butterfly tattoo design as well. There are many type of butterflies and you can learn about them so that you can decide which one you want.
Black Butterfly Tattoo
11. Coloring is an important part of butterfly tattoos so before getting inked you should consider the right type of color for yourself.
12. A realistic butterfly tattoo design will be more costly than a normal one. I would suggest you find an experienced tattoo artist for it or otherwise, it will be a waste of money.
13. Usually people avoid getting tattooed on face but Butterfly tattoos are few such designs that many girls don’t mind getting on face.
14. Butterflies are attractive due to their wings so carefully observe the design of the wings of your opted butterfly tattoo and then ask the artist to make changes (if any).
15. Many people like to add quotes to their butterfly tattoos. If you wish the same then you should get the butterfly tattoo inked on back or stomach.
Monarch Butterfly tattoo
16. If you are confused on an ideal thigh tattoo design then I would highly recommend you to try a butterfly tattoo because they look elegant and beautiful on this body part.
17. You can also try a watercolor butterfly tattoo design. The positive point would be that it would be colorful but the negative point would be that it would be temporary.
18. While many tattoo designs are favoured either in pink, red or blue color. Butterfly tattoos are preferred in purple color by girls.
19. A flower tattoo design will be highly symbolic and meaningful with your butterfly tattoo design so consider adding it to your tattoo.
20. You can also try a pastel butterfly manly tattoo design. Pastel colors are known to give unique look to any tattoo design.
Semicolon Butterfly Tattoo
21. This butterfly tattoo design on the stomach of this girl is inked in the style of a dreamcatcher tattoo and the half-moon just above it increases the beauty of this design.
22. Even though girls prefer to get tattooed with large size butterfly tattoos but if you are a working person then you might be looking for a small butterfly tattoo. Here is a tiny butterfly tattoo on the foot of this lady.
23. If you want to opt for flying butterfly tattoos then the best body part to have it is back or upper shoulder (as shown here).
24. Siblings especially sisters should opt for matching butterfly tattoos. The best option Is to get tattooed with two (or more) butterflies of different colors.
25. One beautiful benefit of butterfly tattoos is that you can make improvement later on by adding new tattoo designs like flowers or trees or even other butterflies.
Blue Butterfly Tattoo Ideas
26. The caterpillar of butterfly tattoo is often neglected but you can play with the design by adding subtle symbols to it. For example, the artist added a tiny skull to the head of the caterpillar in this butterfly tattoo.
27. Butterfly tattoos with mathematical symbols are often requested by girls who are interested in science and technology. I would recommend you to add a polygon in such designs.
28. You can add matching patterns around your butterfly tattoo design and it will give a feeling like a butterfly tattoo is the most important feature of your body.
29. Always opt for computer imagery to see how a butterfly tattoo design would look on you before getting inked in reality.
30. Many women prefer to have butterfly tattoos on legs especially on the ankle. I would suggest you pick up a design that gives an impression as if the butterfly is sitting on the ankle bone.
Tribal Butterfly Tattoo Designs
31. A large size butterfly tattoo on forearm is commonly suggested to girls. I would suggest you to pick up perfect alignment and positioning of such designs.
32. If you wish to have a pretty butterfly tattoo design on your body then please have it on a visible part of body.
33. You can also add your own name to your butterfly tattoo design. Here is a colorful butterfly tattoo design on the back shoulder of this girl with her name inked just below it.
34. If you opt for a quote along with your butterfly tattoo then make sure it perfectly blends with your butterfly tattoo design in terms of size, color, placement, and alignment.
35. Instead of black and grey butterfly tattoos you can opt for various color combinations but make sure you check them using photoshop before getting them done in reality.
Skull Butterfly Tattoos on Shoulder
36. If you add a flower tattoo design with your butterfly tattoo then I would advise you to pick up a good color combo for such design or otherwise it would be unimpressive.
37. Do not ruin your beautiful butterfly tattoo design by adding meaningless and unattractive symbols and signs around it.
38. The artist made a cute 3D butterfly tattoo in this picture but the wearer did a mistake by adding a large flower tattoo design in the background (later on).
39. Even though most artists recommend adding a butterfly tattoo that shows both wings. But you can opt for a side posing butterfly tattoo if you wish to try a small design and have to hide it occasionally.
40. Picking the same color for butterfly and flower vine will result in a confusing tattoo like this. In this tattoo design, one can only distinguish between butterfly and flowers from a closer look up.
Butterfly and Flower Tattoos
41. Butterfly tattoos hold a special meaning against cancer. Therefore you will see a lot of people trying butterfly tattoos with cancer ribbon.
42. Butterfly tattoos are not an ideal option for cover up tattoos they can hide a small scar beautifully. For this you have to opt for a medium to large size butterfly tattoos.
43. If you have a warrior within yourself then you would surely love this idea of a butterfly tattoo with a sword tattoo design. You can add a dagger tattoo if you wish to.
44. You artist might bend the wings of a butterfly to match it with the body part you’re trying it on. Therefore I would suggest having butterfly tattoos on the plain body part.
45. You can also opt for a tribal butterfly tattoo design and one benefit of it would be that it won’t fade away quickly.
Tiny Butterfly Tattoos
46. Butterfly tattoos on hand are popular but still I would recommend you to have it either around wrist or on forearm.
47. If you add multiple butterflies in your tattoo design then one thing you can do is to change the size of each butterfly along with coloring and wing patterns.
48. There are multiple species of butterfly and you should research about them before you pick up your favorite butterfly species for the tattoo. Here is the tattoo of Butterfly ‘Queen’ on the forearm of this woman.
49. You can also opt for a simple and cute butterfly tattoo design like this where the artist focused on the side pose of the butterfly.
50. Yellow butterfly tattoos are hardly picked but in my opinion yellow and brown butterfly tattoos also look as beautiful as purple or black and grey butterfly tattoos.
Check Out these 50+ more butterfly tattoo designs that you will love –
celebrities with butterfly tattoos
butterfly tattoos with names
baby feet butterfly tattoos
butterfly and star tattoos
baby footprints butterfly tattoos
skull and butterfly tattoos
butterfly tattoos with names in the wings
star n butterfly tattoos
butterfly with music notes tattoos
simple butterfly outline tattoos
butterfly tattoos on buttocks
3d butterfly tattoos on foot
black and white butterfly tattoos
butterfly and ladybug tattoos
3d monarch butterfly tattoos
tribal butterfly tattoos designs
rebel flag butterfly tattoos
lower back butterfly tattoos
butterfly tattoos meaning strength
baby footprint butterfly tattoos
butterfly tattoos for men
butterfly wrist tattoos with names
caterpillar to butterfly tattoos
butterfly half sleeve tattoos
daisy and butterfly tattoos
butterfly tattoos on foot ankle
cherry blossom butterfly tattoos
blue morpho butterfly tattoos
cross and butterfly tattoos
butterfly wings back tattoos
vine and butterfly tattoos
sailor jerry butterfly tattoos
dragonfly and butterfly tattoos
So which butterfly tattoo design you liked the most?