If you favor the bearded look, you know how much majesty it adds to your personality. But you also secretly know that it is a tough act to follow. There are days when your beard repels any kind of taming from your end. Thankfully, now there are products designed keeping in mind your unruly beard issues. In addition, there are products designed to minimize your struggle in keeping your beard tamed and sleek at all times. One of these unique products is the Beard Straightener.
A beard straightener can make you go from absolutely unruly and disbelieved to well-groomed and looking great in a matter of a few spiffy minutes. What a time-saver in your morning grooming routine! These are those who worry if the beard straightener can damage their beard, and some have used it and now count it as a must in their beard grooming routine. In this article, we cover all the critical issues with the help of experts.
We also leave you with a list of the top ten beard straightening products. This list has been carefully curated after a thorough study. It, therefore, promises to make selection easy. But before unveiling the review, a small note on how to safely use a beard straightener. For those worried about their hair, remember to always use a balm before applying heat. This serves as a conditioner.
Use the straightener at its lowest setting at first and then slowly increase the temperature. This will help you find the ideal temperature which suits your hair type. Once done with the straightening, use a little bit of oil and comb. The last step is optional. Tame, great-looking hair- the outcome. This routine can be done inside of 2 minutes. That’s how easy using a Straightener is. And that is also how you ensure that you get the best and the safest results. With the right straightener, you only need to use the heated brush twice or thrice.
So here are the questions that our experts asked?
- Does it suit all beard types and textures?
- What are the temperature settings it provides?
- What are the inbuilt safety features?
- Is it user-friendly?
- What are its other supporting features?
With this in mind, let us look at the top 10 brands that satisfied all these parameters. But, if you are in a hurry, here are our top recommendations.
|Arkam Premium Beard Straightener for Men - Ionic Technology Heated Beard Brush - Includes Dual...||9,825 Reviews||$44.99 $19.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Aberlite Pocket - Compact Beard Straightener for Men - Ionic & Anti-scald Technology - Beard...||1,712 Reviews||$34.99||Buy on Amazon|
|BEARDCLASS Premium Beard Straightener Comb - USA Designed for Beards! Fast Heating Electric...||1,701 Reviews||$34.97||Buy on Amazon|
Review of Top 10 Best Beard Straighteners
1. Arkam Premium beard Straightener for Men
This beard straightener is a heated beard brush that comes from the popular Arkam brand. With this brush, you can save a lot of styling time as it comes with a rapid heating technology; 30 seconds is all it takes to heat up. It serves twin purposes, both as a brush and as a Straightener.
This brush comes with some great supporting technology, be it the famed ion technology or the 360-degree swivel cord, which gives it the ability to move the brush in any direction. Then there is the anti-scald design which ensures that your beard doesn’t get burnt and stays protected.
Finally, it comes with three heat settings which means that regardless of what your beard type is, thin, medium, or thick, it can help. This brush comes with a wooden comb and a travel bag. So for those on the go, this is a great deal. There is also a safety feature included for the forgetful ones. If you forget to switch it off, it shuts off automatically after 30 minutes.
- Bread Straightener cum brush
- Suitable for all beard types as it comes in three heat settings
- 360-degree swivel cord
- Ion technology
- Bristles are strong, adequately spaced, and come with an anti-scald design
- Travel bag and the wooden comb are great additions
- Cord is a little on the shorter side
- Featuring rapid heating technology, Arkam's beard straightener comb was designed to save you valuable time and achieve the perfect look
- Our 2-in-1 heated beard comb for men doubles as a hair straightener, so you can tame your mane and look your absolute best, every day
2. Aberlite Pocket- Compact beard Straightener
Aberlite is a highly trusted brand with some great Straightener products. This brush is both compact and lightweight. The unit heats fast and comes with five heat settings. In addition, the bristles are closely packed. This ensures that it can help all beard types – long, short, medium – and all beard textures- rough, smooth, wavy.
This straightener comes with advanced ionic technology and an anti-static coating. These together ensure that the straightening is smooth and with less frizz. Also, this way, you don’t burn your face or damage your beard. This product can therefore be safely used on the head as well. It has a fast heating feature and, coupled with being lightweight, is a great product for travelers and those always in a rush
In addition, it is backed up with a one-year warranty. The product has been perfectly designed. The compact size ensures that you move it comfortably along your face providing perfect styling. One add-on attraction is that it is a Made in the US product.
- Fast heating feature
- Five temperature settings
- Can be used on beards and your hair as well
- Anti-scald design means no face or beard burning
- Compact and convenient for travelers
- Suits all beard types and textures
- Made in the USA
- The cord could have been longer
- Perfect Gift for Men & Designed for Beards - Designed specifically for facial hair to avoid damaging your beard and burning your face. Also suitable for head hair for both men and women.
- Suitable for All Types of Beards - Shorter, more densely packed bristles work perfectly for short, medium, and long beards.
3. BeardClass Premium Beard Straightener Comb
Beardclass has specifically designed this beard straightener to suit all beard types. The bristles are both short and close and ideal for the purpose. In addition, the bristles come with a ceramic coating so that the skin stays well protected while the beard is being straightened.
It has got a hot heating facility and takes about 40sec to heat up. It comes with five temperature settings ranging from 150 degrees Celsius to 210 degrees Celsius. This makes it great for all beard textures. Also, there is no smoke or odor at the higher temperatures.
The product comes with some great safety features such as anti-scald technology and auto-shutoff after 30 minutes. The compact design makes it suitable for travel purposes or for someone frequently on the go. A swivel cord makes it user-friendly. The added attraction comes with a free beard accessory kit that includes a wooden comb, bristle brush, scissors, and a bag. All these features come at a great affordable price.
- Fast heating in 40 sec
- Great safety features- ceramic bristles and anti-scald technology
- Five temperature settings
- Compact and Travel friendly
- USA designed
- Free beard accessory kit
- Priced just right
- Better not to use when the beard is completely dry
- Designed for Beards: With shorter and closer bristles, it works perfectly for all types of beards
- Beard hot comb with adjustable temperature: 150℃(248℉) to 210℃(410℉) to suit all type of beards
See Also: Top 10 Best Beard Balm in 2021 Reviewed
Some exciting product features in this unit are extra long bristles for good reach and styling, ion technology, advanced temperature control, and ceramic plates to help in even and fast heat distribution. Ion technology allows handle frizz and static and makes brushing simple as tangles are easily managed. But only two temperature control settings are included.
This beard straightener for men comes with a citrus-scented beard balm and beard oil that is unscented, organic, and natural. Specifically, it contains Aloe Vera, Jojoba, Argan Oil, and Vitamin E. A beard maintenance e-book Is also thoughtfully included. The handle is perfect and comes with a 360-degree no-tangle cord. So it’s ideal for holding and great for travel.
The other standout feature is 110- 240 volts international dual voltage. The placement of the heat and power setting button could have been more user-friendly. Other than that, it a decent product at a very affordable price.
- Ion technology to handle frizz
- Extra-long bristles
- Compact and travel friendly
- Comes with organic oil and balm
- E-book on beard maintenance included
- 110-240 volts international dual voltage
- Very affordable
- Only two temperature settings
- Placement of the power and the heat setting buttons
5. Tame’s Beard Straightener for Men
The unique features of this product are the ceramic metal heater which assures faster and even heating of the brush for a smoother experience. The Ion technology emits enough negative ions to help in smoothening and strengthening the beard. In addition, it heats fast, so it handles with care.
This straightener also comes with standard features such as anti-scald technology and 30-minute auto power off. In addition, the bristles are ceramic coated and therefore safe on the beard and the face. One excellent feature is the addition of 12 temperature settings (250 degrees Fahrenheit to 450 degrees Fahrenheit) which means every beard of every texture and type stands to benefit.
At 9.5 inches, it is just the right size. Lightweight and portable, it is perfect for travel. Also, the swivel handle makes it so easy to reach the beard from all sides and angles. This product looks premium with a stylish matte black look. With features such as these, it can be used even by women to style their hair.
- Ceramic metal heating
- Ion technology for frizz-free and smooth styling
- Ceramic coated bristles
- 12 temperature settings
- Lightweight and portable
- Swivel handle for easy reach
- Back of the brush gets too hot, so handle it carefully
- Might not work too well with goatees and short beards
- Straighten Your Beard Quickly: Our Tame the Wild beard straightener has a Metal Ceramic Heater, the best heater tech available for fast, even heat distribution.
- Strengthens Your Beard Using Ion Technology: The ionic generator in our beard and hair straightener emits rich, negative ions that help strengthen your beard for a smoother healthier beard.
6. 3-in-1 Beard Straightener for Men
This comes from the Edifer Brand and can be safely used on your hair and beard. It functions as both a beard comb and a straightener. Three different temperature settings are included. It takes 30 seconds for the temperature to reach its highest point, which is 450 degrees Fahrenheit. So it is fast heating but also requires some care from your end.
The beard comb has a Teflon point cap to ensure that the beard or skin doesn’t burn out while styling while also providing even heating throughout the brush. All beard sizes and styles can be safely straightened and styled with this product.
Anti-scald and auto-ff are two other standard features that are included. Advanced Ion technology handles frizz and tangles with ease. With only one control button and a 360-degree swivel cord, it is easy to use. The perfect size and weight add to the ease of use and make it perfectly portable. Even women with short hair can use this product.
- Dual function of beard comb and straightener
- Three different temperature settings
- Teflon paint cap on bristles
- Only one control button
- Advanced Ion Technology
- 360-degree swivel cord
- Reaches the highest heat fast, so exercise care
- Beard Straightening and Hair Styling: 2-in-1 beard comb and hair straightener, each brush features 3 different temperature settings, PTC technology to help men get safe, rapid styling without damaging beard or irritating the skin. It also can be used as a hair straightener. You can easy to make a very cool hairstyle in a short time.
- 3 Temperatures & Constant Temperature Setting: Designed with 3 Temperature Mode for straightening all kinds of beard & hair. The solid bristles in the brush cause they don't fall out and really helps straighten the beard better. Generating heat from 248℉ to 320℉, and to 450℉, more than enough heat for even the wildest and toughest beard & hair. During one minute, the temperature will increase to the highest, and then the temperature will keep on for about 30 minutes.
7. Hot Tools Men’s Beard Straightener Brush
This is a very sleek straightener brush. Tourmaline and ceramic technologies combine to ensure that heat is well distributed while maintaining safety at the same time. One misses the Ion technology in this one.
There are two heat settings- 360 degrees and 410 degrees Fahrenheit. So experts feel that it might not be able to do full justice to fine, thin beards. But it does heat up fast, and the bristles are uniquely designed to do the job well and to glide on your beard.
It comes with a beautiful travel case and can be used anywhere globally as it supports dual voltage. However, one does feel that enough features have not been incorporated in the product for the price. But then it does its job neatly and without too much of a fuss, and therefore, it finds its way into our list.
- Tourmaline and ceramic technologies
- Bristles are patterned well to support easy detangling
- LED light indicator
- Dual voltage supportive of use anywhere in the world
- Travel bag included
- Only two heat settings
- Doesn’t work well with longer beards
- The cable is non-rotating
- Ceramic and Tourmaline technologies for fast, efficient results.
- Unique bristles pattern easily detangles, shapes, and lets you get as close as you need.
8. Beard Straightener for Men from Raffin
This straightening brush from Raffin comes with Ionic technology, which is now an industry standard. This, together with an anti-static coating, gives a smooth, shiny finish. In addition, MCH technology is included, which means heat gets evenly distributed. It is the two in one product and just as well serves as a hair straightener.
The Raffin straightener comes with three adjustable temperature settings ranging from 150° Fahrenheit to 410°F. It takes 30 seconds to heat up but thankfully takes about two minutes to reach the highest heat. This is advantageous and ensures that you burn your beard. The unit automatically turns off after 30 minutes. There is also a temperature lock for added safety. Bristles are made up of insulated silicon, great for protection.
A flexible 360° cord serves the purpose of styling well as the straightener can be turned at any angle and style without worrying about the cord getting entangled. At 7.7 inches, it is small, compact, handy, and easy to use. This product is suitable for travel and comes with Universal voltage 110 -240 V input. The tall bearded guys are going to love this straightener as it comes with an extra-long cord. At this affordable price point, it’s a steal.
- Ion technology
- Three temperature settings
- Can be used on beard and your hair
- Insulated silicon bristles
- Supports 110-240 volts
- Small, lightweight, and travel friendly
- Extra-long cord
- Smokes up at the highest temperature
- Ionic Beard Straightening Brush - Fast heating in 15s. Tame your beard and get your hair done in 2 mins with RAFFIN brush straightener without burning face. Saving you precious morning prep time and Keeping all day long best look. Also suitable for head hair for both men and women
- Multi Temperature Modes - Heated beard comb comes with 3 adjustable temperature settings from 150°F to 410°F to find the perfect fit for your styling needs.With latest PTC heater technology, the beard straightening comb shapes various styles for all hair and beards, either curl, straighten, volumize, ect
9. Arkam Deluxe Beard Straightener for Men
Arkam has some great hair and beard straightening products, and this one is no different. This straightener is ideally meant for the medium to long beard types. It has all the features you would expect in a premium product, such as Ion technology for smooth, long-lasting results, fast heating in 30 seconds, auto power-off after 30 minutes, and anti-scald technology.
Twelve different heat levels are included, which makes it a pleasure to style using this brush. The addition of the singles stroke technology means that you can attain the perfect finish with just one or two strokes. What a time-saver this can be This is one versatile product and serves three functions in one – brush, straightener, and comb.
This product is a great traveler as it supports 110 to 240 V and can function in any country. Arkam has included a hard shell travel case and premium wooden comb as well. If you like your products to look stylish, this black and blue straightener fit that requirement to a T. A stylish case adds further to its appeal. This product is a little big but sturdy and of good build quality. This straightener is lightweight and has a 360° swivel cord for easy maneuvering.
- Ion technology
- 12 different heat levels
- 3 in one function- comb, brush, and straightener
- Stylish case
- Great build quality
- Single stroke technology
- 360-degree swivel cord
- Not suitable for small beards
- All Day Results - Arkam's beard brush straightener comes with a premium stealth pocket comb to tame your mane throughout the day. Arkam's beard brush can also support 110 - 240v and works in any country around the world
- Single Stroke Technology - SST allows you to save a significant amount of time grooming and perfecting your beard with a single brush stroke. Our variable heat gauge and ION technology allows you to groom and tame any beard in a flash. This technology has been tested vigorously in every beard straightening brush
10. Beard Straightener from Vikicon
This Vikicon kit comes along with a free beard balm and organic beard oil in a beautiful box. But first, let us study the features. It comes with advanced Ion technology and also MCH heating technology. Together these ensure that your tangles are dealt with effectively, the brush glides effortlessly through the knots, the finish is smooth, and heat is evenly distributed along with the brush for even styling and safety.
This brush heats in 30 seconds and comes with anti-scald bristles. Twelve different temperature settings are included ranging from 250 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This gives a lot of choices and is helpful for all beard types and textures. It can also, therefore, double up as a hair straightener cum brush.
There is a LED screen that displays the temperature, a great feature. In addition, a 4 seconds auto-lock feature is a unique safety feature of this product. The travel-friendly features include support for 110-240 volts and a 360-degree swivel cord. It also comes with a one-year warranty.
- Ion and MCH technology
- 12 different temperature settings
- Doubles as a hair straightener brush
- 4 seconds auto-lock safety feature
- LCD screen
- Addition of balm and oil
- Supports 110-240 volts
- Bristles are widely placed
- Not that great for shorter beards
- Best Value with FREE Beard Oil and Balm: VIKICON Viking Kit Ⅱ comes with a ionic beard straightener for men, 1 floz pure organic beard oil which makes your beard shining and silky soft, more fuller and tamer, premium all-natural beard balm which help to keep your beard styled to perfection and tame fly-aways. Just to achieve the best result at the best price, all in a giftable box, designed for beard grooming based on the Viking Culture, keeping unique and elegant appearance all along.
- Tame Your Beard in A Flash: The beard straightener brush adopts innovative MCH technology that has even heat distribution and fast heating response time, tested vigorously in every beard straightening brush that ensures smoother strokes, even heat distribution, and faster heating/cooling. Heats up in 30 seconds and allows you to save a significant amount of time grooming and perfecting your beard with a single brush stroke.
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Beard Straightener?
Your decision should incorporate the following elements.
1. Suitability for Different Beard Types and Textures
Beards come in all sizes, from just an inch and less to well over and above three inches. That is not all. Some have thick and scraggly beards, others fine and wavy, and still others stubborn coarse ones. The straightener should be explicitly designed to suit all these diverse hair types and textures.
The bristles should be specifically designed to handle tough beard hair, which is so different from the hair on your scalp: the closer the bristles, the better the heating and styling.
2. Temperature Settings
Beard straighteners work with heat. Therefore the best ones come with a wide variety of temperature settings. This aids perfect straightening and styling and makes grooming a joy. Coarser beards need a higher temperature, whereas fine beards need just about little heat to style. One other consideration is how long the brush takes to heat up and heat up evenly.
3. Safety Features
This is vital. This product comes very close to your precious beard and skin. Unless designed with outstanding safety features, it can burn your skin and beard. So bread straightening companies incorporate anti-scald, bristles with ceramic tips, and other technologies to make this product safe, easy, and effective.
It is wise to choose a product with even heating. This ensures that there are no hotspots and so no accidental burning. Give a close look at the safety features before making your decision.
4. Other Add On Features
Companies add in many customer-friendly features, such as including a travel bag and other grooming accessories. So if you travel frequently, this is a valuable feature. Also, analyze the features and check if it is advantageous to you. For instance, if you are tall, you would require a longer cord.
Is it sturdy? Is the brush too big for your comfort? So this requires a brief study of features to understand which one suits your requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is it Good to Use a Beard Straightener?
A beard straightener is one of the easiest ways to tame an unruly beard in minutes. For those with safety concerns and wondering how good it is for your hair, the temperature settings are never beyond what your hair can safely take. Temperatures above 380 degrees Fahrenheit are not safe, though.
2. Can I Use a Beard Straightener Every Day?
No problem. It can safely be used every day. The right way to use a beard conditioner is to apply balm or some heat protectant. Then use the straightener. For better results, one can apply some beard balm and then comb it down—all under 5 minutes. Millions of men use the straightener as part of their daily grooming routine. It is also designed for everyday use.
3. What is the Best Way to Straighten Your Beard?
Apply some heat protectant or very little oil. With more oil, you will notice smoke coming out as the straightener gets in contact with the oil. Or use a conditioner. Next, use your straightener and stroke your beard from top to bottom, first at a low temperature and then at a higher temperature, till you arrive at just the right temperature for your beard size and texture.
Next, apply some oil and comb. You are good to go with the exact beard style that your heart desires.
4. What is the Best Beard Straightener?
The 10 products mentioned above are the best beard straighteners available in the market. Aberlite, Arkam, and Beardclass are products that have some great reviews. But anyway, go through the guide and choose the one that best fits your personal needs.
The beard straightener is one product that can take you from unkempt to impressive in a matter of a few minutes. And this buying guide can go a long way to make an easy choice. So browse through the list and land on the right product for your requirements. We sincerely hope that this guide is helpful and you are satisfied with your selection and product. However, do write in your comments, share your experiences and add suggestions, if any. Also, do include any other products that you wish us to review.
Finally, do stay connected with us for future updates on more exciting products for the ultra male.