Have you just started growing a beard? or have you been growing one for ages? Whichever be the case, bearded men are passionate when it comes to their beards. And there is one product that they all swear by is an indispensable beard growth oil.
The right beard growth oil can hasten the growth process. It can provide proper nourishment to the beard and the hair follicle. It can ensure that your beard looks thicker, healthier, and grows faster. It can also act as a styling agent.
This buying guide is put together with the help of experts. Here we dissect top brands, compare their features and benefits. We aim to help you to select the best beard growth oil for your requirements.
Beard growth oil is the best investment for a healthy beard. Within a few weeks of using one, there will be a noticeable improvement in its growth.
Before we dive into the list of the best brands for the purpose, here are a few tips on using beard growth oil. For this, clean your face and then apply a sufficient quantity depending on your beard size.
Apply 3 to 5 drops on your palm depending on your beard size and massage it thoroughly into the beard using downward strokes. Use a comb to spread evenly if your beard is thick or coarse.
If you are wondering what factors have been considered in compiling this buying guide, here they are. Experts concur that beard growth oil should be meticulously assessed using these.
- What are the oils it contains?
- What are its other ingredients?
- What are its features and benefits?
- What is the underlying fragrance?
- Does it suit different beard types?
- Does it help handle different beard issues?
With this in mind, let us look at the top ten brands that satisfied all these parameters.
Review of Top 10 Best Beard Oil
1. Honest Amish Classic Beard Oil
This highly rated beard oil comes from the trusted House of Honest Amish. This oil comes with a dropper for ease of application. For best results, you are asked to apply a small amount to a slightly damp beard. This is a reasonably priced product.
Some great oils make up this product, and our experts loved these. They are avocado oil, sweet almond oil, golden jojoba oil, virgin pumpkin seed oil, moringa oil, virgin argan oil, and apricot kernel oil. They work great on all beard types and support fast hair growth along with optimum conditioning.
This USA handcrafted product is utterly safe and effective as it contains premium, organic, and 100% natural ingredients. In addition, this product has a classic fragrance. If you have beard dandruff-related issues or have skin flaking, this product will surely help.
- Premium high-end ingredients for fast hair growth
- Suitable for all beard types
- Especially helpful for dandruff and flaking
- Priced reasonably
- Organic and 100% natural ingredients
- Handcrafted in the USA
- The smell might seem very pungent and repulsive to some
- Hand Crafted in the USA
- Organic Virgin Argan, Golden Jojoba and 6 More Premium Hydrating Oils
2. YOOBEAUL Beard Growth Oil
This oil is suitable for all beard types, including different ethnicities and beard types. So regardless of whether your bread is coarse or fine or thick or wavy or frizzy, this will do the job. In addition, it provides enough nourishment to help the beard grow at a faster pace.
The oil is more in the texture of a serum with plant extracts. Therefore it is not too greasy and can be used daily. The ingredients are 100% natural and paraben-free. They are also vegan. If you are an animal lover, you will appreciate that they are not tested on animals.
The chief ingredients are Almond oil, tocopherol, and three other seed oils. These premium ingredients will soften and condition your facial hair. Thanks to the ample moisturization this oil provides, it can help strengthen weak and brittle hair. For those allergic to certain fragrances, this is made to order as it is unscented as well. It might therefore suit sensitive skin as well.
- 100% natural ingredients
- Suited for sensitive skin
- Parabens free
- It suits all beard types
- It helps with an itch
- The lack of a fragrance if you are looking for one
- Grow a Fuller, Thicker, Stronger Beard - You’ve taken the first step towards irresistibly luscious facial flow with full and manly beard. YOOBEAUL beard oil nourishes your beard, helping it grow at an optimal rate.
- Designed For All Beard Types - Styled for the beard growing needs of men — regardless of ethnicity or beard type. No matter who you are and how you rock it, we’ve got you covered. Thick, straight, fine, wavy, coarse or curly.
3. Beard Oil by Mountaineer Brand
This is an incredible product from the house of Mountaineer. Firstly about the ingredients. It contains Grapeseed oil, almond oil, castor oil, and essential oils of sage, peppermint, and patchouli. All of them have garnered a reputation for promoting hair growth by stimulating roots and helping the beard grow at a much faster rate. So if brittle hair is your issue and you would like to cover your beard patches fast, this product will surely help.
The hair follicles are activated from deep within, including dormant follicles, and adequate nourishment is provided for your bread. The presence of natural ingredients means that it has the potential to benefit all beard types. Those with sensitive skin under the beard would also find it helpful.
The product comes well packaged in a dark amber glass bottle which helps preserve the oil’s potency. The shelf life also gets extended as oxidation is avoided. A dropper is included, which ensures no wastage as well.
- The presence of almond oil, castor oil, and essential oils
- Plant-based ingredients
- Activates hair follicles, active and dormant
- Perfect packaging
- Suitable for brittle facial hair
- The smell might be repulsive to some
- LOOK AND FEEL GOOD: with Mountaineer Brand Beard Oil. Just a dab tames even the wildest beard or mustache. Natural oils condition wiry, scruffy beards while soothing the dry, itchy skin underneath. Leaves coarse hair soft moisturized with a healthy shine.
- TAME THE MANE: Start with a few drops of oil in your palm - rub together and massage upward into facial hair, to make contact with your skin. 100% all-natural grapeseed, almond and castor oils absorb quickly prompting hair growth while hydrating dry skin.
4. Arlo’s 99% Natural Original Beard Oil- Pro-Growth
This is an exciting oil that comes with some exotic ingredients. Sweet almond oil, olive fruit oil, Sunflower seed oil, Soybean oil, Canola Oil, Castor oil, Cucumber Seed Extract are only some of the fine ingredients. In all, they include so many minerals and vitamins that your beard will love.
Surprisingly, with so many heavy-duty oils, the formulation remains non-greasy and light. Therefore, you can use it daily without worrying about your beard looking greasy. This powerhouse helps moisturize your beard and promote beard growth aggressively. The one drawback is the reasonably tiny bottle size.
They have various beard oils for different issues such as soothe, rid itch and enhance growth with multiple oils such as Vitamin E, Argan oil, Tea tree oil, etc. The experts love this product for being 99% natural and have no mineral oil, alcohol, petroleum, or preservatives. A combination of this kind can be safely used on all beard types, including those with sensitive skin.
- Exotic ingredients
- It contains essential minerals and vitamins
- 99% natural
- No alcohol, mineral oil, preservatives
- Made in the US
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- Light and non-greasy
- Small bottle size
- A powerful blend that will stimulate hair growth and strengthen that sweet Fu Man Chu.
- Each 99% Natural blend of essential vitamins & nutrients helps tackle a different issue your beard may face.
5. Origin Beard Oil Cedar
This oil comes from the house of Origin, reputed for its excellent quality products. This beard oil has three key ingredients- sweet almond oil, Jojoba oil, and sunflower oil. They collectively hydrate, condition, and strengthen your facial hair. The oils are all-natural and of high quality.
This potent combination helps fight dandruff, itchy skin, flaky skin and ensures a beard that looks great and facial skin that feels healthy. The oil has the correct viscosity and doesn’t feel too oily. One doesn’t have to worry about a greasy appearance with this oil.
It is a USA handmade product, as are all Origin’s products. This particular fragrance, Storm Cedar, is loved by men for its manly outdoorsy appeal. There are other fragrance variants such as well- spruce blend and citronella. The one drawback is the price which is a little on the higher side.
- A blend of three powerful oils
- All-natural, premium quality
- Good for dandruff, itchy, flaky skin
- Low on grease
- Manly fragrances
- Handmade in the US
- On the expensive side
6. 4 Pack Beard Oil Set Leave-In Conditioner
This oil is from the House Of Isner Mile. The product is total value for money as it is a set of 4, which come at a fairly reasonable price. All of the 4 have different fragrances such as sandalwood, cedarwood, sage, and sweet orange. This pretty much covers all the popular fragrances. You can choose your scent based on your mood for the day.
Now about the ingredients. It is a blend of tocopherol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Castor Seed Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Tea Tree Leaf Oil, and Grape Seed Oil. The experts add that this combination of ingredients can help dry skin and give you a thicker and fuller beard, thanks to superior nourishment. It can serve the needs and is suitable for all beard types.
Suppose greasy beards don’t appeal to you, no worries. This oil promises to be light and easy to absorb. There are no chemical additives. Instead, it is prepared with organic and natural ingredients.
- It comes in four popular fragrances
- Blend of good quality oils
- Non-greasy and light
- Organic and Natural ingredients
- No chemical additives
- Four bottles at a great price
- Not Made In the US
- FOUR STYLES, CREATE DIFFERENT CHARMS - The most popular scents among American men, and different scent brings you different experience every day! The classic Sandalwood scent shows your elegance and decency; the cold and fresh sage scent is the scent of mature men, capturing the hearts of the one you love; the mysterious and unique cedarwood scent shows your personality to the people around you; the orange scent is full of vitality, puts you in a good mood all day long.
- REVOLUTIONIZE YOUR BEARD - As a helper for your beard growth, our beard oils are made of natural oils and high quality ingredients to make your beard shining and silky soft, and will make your beard thicker, fuller and tamer. Our beard oil set will make you stand out from the crowd and give you confidence to conquer every goal!
7. Beard Oil Conditioner from Viking
Viking Revolution is a reputed brand catering to the bearded populace. This beard oil and conditioner come from their stable. Firstly a little peep into their ingredients; the oil contains Argan and Jojoba Oils, renowned for their hair growth properties. Experts feel that this oil can help with beard itch and beard styling at the same time.
These oils combine with other organic ingredients to help tame the toughest of beards. It is perfect for thin beard types and allows them to grow lusher. Since it is 100% natural, it can be used every day. And you only need to apply a few drops. It is also non-greasy.
It comes with a smell loved by most men- Pine and Cedarwood. There are other fragrance variants as well. Unfortunately, the oil is priced at a higher price point. And the bottles are fairly small. But just a few drops of the oil is sufficient to last a long while.
- Reputed Viking Brand
- Certified organic
- Argan and Jojoba oil
- Useful in taming tough beards
- It helps enhance growth in thin beards
- It can be used every day
- Cedar smell is not as promised
- Not Made in the US
- Be a Stunner – Great Cedar Wood and Pine scent will leave you to revel in the fragrance of your beard for hours.
- Goodbye, Beardruff! - Soothe your itchy and irritated skin with a just a few drops a day
8. The Gentlemen’s Premium Beard Oil
This oil is a powerful blend of virgin coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, Oregon senile, evening primrose seed oil, jojoba seed all seed oil vitamin E. Potent combination that experts feel can do wonders for your beard. This product is Handmade in the USA. The product comes in a dark glass bottle to ensure that the oil retains its nutrients. The company guarantees your money back if you are not satisfied.
It can condition, reduce itchiness and improve the texture of your beard. For those who have bald patches in your beard, this oil is sure to benefit. The oil being non-greasy is an added advantage. It gets absorbed quickly. So one can use it even twice every day.
If you are not particularly fond of strong smells, this is perfect. It is 100% fragrance-free. It contains utterly organic oil, and the other ingredients are also natural. No additives, GMO’s and parabens make it perfect for sensitive skin. Unfortunately, the product has not been tested on animals.
- Handmade in the US
- A great blend of organic oils
- 100% natural ingredients, GMO-free
- Parabens free, additive-free and cruelty-free
- Helpful for filling up bald patches
- Money-back guarantee
- Possible allergic reactions in some cases
- Handmade in the USA: Warning! - Ask Where the Product is Actually Made Before You Buy: Unlike a lot of our competitors all of our products are Handcrafted in the USA with our own proprietary formulas and are created from scratch. We don’t just slap a label on an already made product from some distributor or import it from China then call it our own. Don’t settle for other cheap lubricants oils with lesser fillers.
- Completely Fragrance Free: Is it really unscented, as in there is no smell whatsoever? Yep! In addition to being 100% natural and organic, you’ll enjoy a better beard without any unwanted scents! With this beard conditioner "fragrance free" really does mean no smell at all. No more strong scents that you're forced to smell all day. Just a healthy beard that feels softer than ever before. No fillers, fragrances, additives, parabens or GMOs. This Product has not been tested on animals.
9. Beard Growth Oil from VigorWell
The next featured beard wash on this list of top ten beard oils is this oil from VigorWell. This beard growth oil doubles up as a serum. This oil comes with some natural ingredients, specifically Aloe, Avocado, Castor, Flowers of Sulfur, Ylang Ylang, Thyme, Geranium, Citrus, Sage, Grapefruit, Peppermint, Rosemary, Cedarwood, and Lavender.
The fine mix of ingredients can stimulate even stubborn bald patches, activate hair follicles, and nourish deeply. Conditions like hyperpigmentation, scarring, sun damage, and wrinkles respond well to regular usage of this oil. You are recommended to use just a few drops daily.
Non-greasy but hydrating, it can help alleviate dryness of the skin underneath the beard. Dandruff of the beard also reduces after a few applications. It has absolutely no odour, so if some smells put you off, this is great. For the quantity, the price is a steal.
- 100% natural
- The potent combination of oils
- No scent
- Suitable for several beard issues
- Reasonably priced
- The bottle lasts quite a while
- Not made in the US
10. Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil Beard
This beard oil is pretty much suitable for all beard types. It comprises some great hair-healthy ingredients such as Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Grape Seed Oil, and Argan Oil. With its 100% natural ingredients, it can help enhance hair growth—the reason why this product figures on this list.
This oil is a little on the greasy side, so take that into account while applying. But this greasiness has its advantages and doesn’t allow the skin underneath your beard or mustache to dry out completely.
This oil makes for an ideal conditioner and helps grow hair in patchy areas of the beard. Use this oil for pre-shave application to protect skin from irritation and accidental cuts. This is a reasonably priced product for the quantity. Experts recommend this oil is apt for taming coarse, rough, and intense beards.
- Great ingredients
- Works well with different ethnicities
- Effective on patches
- 100% natural
- Reasonably priced
- The packaging is plastic
- Smells a little too strong
- SKIN & BEARD CARE IN ONE: Infused with pure Jamaican Black Castor oil, our Beard Oil does double duty as beard oil, and a hair and skin moisturizer. This nutrient-rich oil conditions and adds shine and body to your beard and treats the skin beneath it to help your beard grow fuller.
- SHAVING & SKIN CARE MUST-HAVE: This versatile men’s grooming product can also be used as a pre-shave oil to help prevent skin irritation from shaving or in place of traditional aftershave. It also works to soften flaky patches and rough areas such as elbows and knees, and even dry, chapped heels. Rich in antioxidants and nutrients, it’s also a great anti-aging remedy.
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Beard Wash?
Your decision should incorporate the following elements.
This factor is one of the key determinants. The facial skin and hair are more sensitive than the skin on the scalp. This means that the ingredients chosen should be suitable for facial hair.
People have also realized what experts have been saying for a while – those organic ingredients are better in the long run as they do not damage the skin, are gentler, and safe for regular usage.
Beard oil contains both carrier oil and essential oils. Coconut and Almond are carrier oils, and Lavender and Tea Tree oils are essential oils. These oils penetrate the skin and give much-needed nourishment to the hair follicles.
This provides a suitable environment for growth. The oils also condition the skin and help get rid of itches when the beard is at the initial growth stage.
It is always better to opt for an organic or cold-pressed oil as they are nutrient-dense. Also, choose what suits your skin. For example, if coconut oil feels too greasy and aggravates your oily skin issues, choose Argan instead.
2. Other Ingredients:
Beard growth oils also come fortified with other essential hair vitamins and minerals. This helps overcome any micronutrient deficiency. Here again, run a check to ensure that the product is not stuffed with chemicals, mineral oil, petroleum, alcohol, etc.
Also, ensure that there are no components that you are allergic to. It is best to choose something all-natural, paraben-free, sulfate-free.
3. Your Specific Needs:
Study the features and benefits of the oil. Is that what you are looking for? Does the oil promise to condition your hair? And is what you are looking for? Does it have soothing ingredients? Can it help with hair breakage? Is it suitable for a coarse beard? Does it help reduce dandruff and itch? Let these help you arrive at a decision.
Growing and maintaining a beard is hard work. Each bearded male has conditions and problems that are unique. So the oil has to satisfactorily meet these conditions and help handle the issues effectively and quickly.
While this does not figure high on the list of priorities, smelling good does make you feel good and vice versa. It is good if your beard oil has a manly scent or a mild scent. But if you prefer a no-scent oil, some meet that criteria as well.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Do Beard Growth Oils Work?
Like hair oil provides nourishment and aids hair growth, bread growth oil helps condition beards, provides the required nutrition, and helps hasten the growth process.
2. Can I Use Hair Growth Oil for My Beard?
No, not a good idea. The hair on your beard is much thicker and coarser than the hair on your scalp. Therefore, it needs different oils to tame and soften it. Most beard growers also experience severe itch while they start growing it.
Sometimes the itching can get intolerable, leading to severe redness. Dandruff, flaking, and bald patches are other bread-related issues—all of these require different treatments and therefore separate oil for the beard.
3. Which is the Best Product for Beard Growth?
The 10 products mentioned above are the best beard growth oils currently available in the market. Go through the guide and choose the one that best fits your personal needs.
4. Should I Use Beard Oil Every Day?
There are no hard and fast rules concerning usage. Depending on your beard type, you can choose to use it daily or once every two days. Use for a week and come up with your usage pattern. For best results, use it after shampooing your beard or washing your face.
On a slightly damp beard, apply 3-4 drops. Use a roller or a comb and let it spread evenly through the length of your treasured beard.
Incorporate the right beard growth oil in your daily grooming regimen. It can do wonders to your beard and give you that majestic look. But there are hundreds of oils in the market. That is where this well-researched buying guide comes in handy.
We hope that this guide will help you make the right product choice and be 100% satisfied with your selection. We would love to hear your opinions, comments in the comment section below. Also, do mention if there are any other products that you would like us to review.
Please stay connected with us for future updates.