Beards have been in vogue for over a decade now and continue to remain so. While a bearded man exudes a certain raw appeal combined with sophistication, it comes with some hard work behind the scenes. The first step to getting a glorious beard is to get a clean beard. And one of those indispensable grooming products in this regard is the invigorating shampoo.
A clean beard requires good quality products which are specifically designed for the beard. After all, facial hair is different from the one on your head, and you know it. So include a beard shampoo and see the difference for yourself. With the help of experts, we have put together a list of the best beard shampoos in the market.
Since we intend to give you a list of the best, we have been unbiased and added the negatives of these products. Therefore, the only reason that you see fewer negatives is because only the finest shampoos with superior performance have made it here. But if you are curious about the factors that the experts consider before including or excluding a product in the list, here they are.
- What are the oils it contains?
- What are its other key ingredients?
- What are the different features, and how do they help?
- What is the fragrance?
- Can it be used on all beard types?
With this in mind, let us look at the top 10 brands that satisfied all these parameters. But, if you are in a hurry, here are our top recommendations.
|Beard Shampoo and Beard Conditioner Wash & Growth kit for Men Care - Softener & Moisturizer for...||179 Reviews||$39.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Professor Fuzzworthy's Beard SHAMPOO with All Natural Oils From Tasmania Australia - 120gm||5,657 Reviews||$14.90||Buy on Amazon|
|Beard Wash Shampoo w/Argan & Jojoba Oils - Softens & Strengthens - Natural Peppermint and Eucalyptus...||1,923 Reviews||$19.88||Buy on Amazon|
Review of Top 10 Best Beard Shampoo
1. Zeus Beard Shampoo and Wash for Men
Zeus Beard Shampoo has been formulated with some great ingredients such as Green Tea, Dragons Blood, and Chamomile. The Green Tea is antioxidant-rich, the Dragons Blood serves as an excellent dandruff fighter, and Chamomile completes by adding a soothing feel and giving that much-needed shine.
The list of ingredients that this shampoo can reduce itch and make your beard softer is evident from the list of ingredients. Most importantly, it can clean without rendering the skin underneath the beard dry. Therefore, it seems perfect for all skin types and beard types.
It does not include parabens and sulfates though it does include some synthetic chemicals. Therefore experts suggest that it is not a daily use shampoo but can be safely used twice or thrice a week. The shampoo is available in a variety of scents such as lime, sandalwood, and vanilla rum. Animal lovers would appreciate that this a cruelty-free product. But, unfortunately, it is a product that is born and bred in California, US.
- Premium high-end and exotic ingredients
- Antioxidant-rich and soothing
- Fights dandruff
- Parabens and sulfate-free
- Interesting scents
- Made in the US
- Little bit expensive
- Check if all ingredients suit you
- NATURAL SHAMPOO: Our Zeus Beard Shampoo was specifically formulated for your beards. Created with mild natural ingredients, it provides you with a clean and healthy shine. The shampoo can be used daily without stripping your beard of its natural oils which helps with dry skin. Unlike regular soaps, our shampoo contains ingredients like Dragon’s blood, Chamomile and Green Tea which aides with skin under your beards. Our beard shampoo is great for all types of skin!
- BEARD SHAMPOO BENEFITS: Being made in the USA, we're able to have constant quality control with our formulated products. Our beard shampoo/beard wash is our most popular item through and through. The beard shampoo will leave your beard soft, hydrated, healthy and shiny with daily usage. It's great for regular to sensitive skin providing your beard with much needed moisture.
2. Professor Fuzzworthy Beard Shampoo
Professor Fuzzworthy is a brand that has built a great name with its thoughtfully designed and natural products. So, suppose you are looking for a great shampoo with organic, natural ingredients that cleanses, stimulates, and fortifies roots simultaneously; in that case, you need to look no further. Naturally, the shampoo bar suits all beard and skin types. In addition, it has a mild woodsy scent sure to be loved by men.
The list of ingredients includes olive, castor, and coconut oils, Tasmanian seaweed extract, leatherwood honey and beeswax, cocoa powder, and other essential oils such as lemon and lavender. Great with treating dandruff and beard itch. And to ensure that such a nutrient-rich shampoo does not get wasted, it comes as a bar. Remarkable considering that one bar is equal to three liquid shampoo bottles. Smart!!!
The organic ingredients make it the ideal choice for those with sensitive skin. It can just as safely be used on your head and body. But there is more. It is not only sulfate and parabens free but also cruelty-free, plastic-free, and zero-waste. This shampoo bar is an absolute winner.
- 100% organic ingredients from Tasmania
- 1 bar equals three shampoo bottles
- Sulfate and parabens free
- Cruelty-free and zero waste
- Suitable for all skin and beard types
- Cleans and nourishes at the same time
- Check if you are allergic to some of the contents as a tiny minority feels it causes bald patches
- A wee bit expensive
- Voted #1 best beard shampoo | Highest rated, best price and highest quality!
- MASCULINE woody scent | Beard shampoo soap bar equal ~ 27 fl oz - 3 liquid bottles! Long lasting - Eco friendly & Travel friendly!
3. Beard Wash Shampoo from Viking Revolution with Argan and Jojoba Oils
The name Viking Revolution needs no introduction in the beard product market. They are renowned for their superior quality ingredients and top-notch performance. This shampoo, too, delivers on its promise, as do all their other products.
The presence of Jojoba and Argan oils gives this shampoo the ability to clean, hydrate and moisturize all at once. As a result, your beard will have an enhanced shine and exude a lusher and healthier look. Experts recommend this product for its superior moisturization and cleaning skills.
This combination works well on the skin underneath the beard and eliminates beard dandruff and also flakes. This product lathers well, and therefore, a small quantity suffices. As with any other Viking product, this one comes with their promise of total satisfaction or else. The shampoo comes scented with eucalyptus and natural peppermint, giving it a very refreshing feel.
- Reputed brand name
- Argan and Jojoba oil is a great combination
- Viking’s performance promise
- Gives shine and a healthier look
- Eucalyptus and peppermint scent
- Suitable for all hair types
- Higher price range
- Conditioner not included
- TOP-TIER BEARD SHAMPOO: Formulated to aid in healthy beard growth, this beard shampoo hydrates, cleans and softens, giving your beard shine and life.
- NO ITCHING OR IRRITATION: Say goodbye to itchy irritated skin and get rid of beard dandruff. Washyour beard, and look and feel great.
See Also: Top 10 Best Beard Wash To Buy in 2021
4. Polished Gentleman- Beard Shampoo and Conditioner Set
This shampoo from Polished Gentleman has some powerhouse ingredients which can create magic. Biotin, Argan oil, Tea tree oil, Eucalyptus oil, Rosemary oil, Manuka Honey, Aloe, Peppermint Oil are just some. These have hair stimulating, thickening, and regenerative properties.
Shea butter to keep the beard hydrated and Manuka honey as an antibacterial are great additions to the product. The shampoo comes with a conditioner for a complete job. This made in the US product is fragrance-free. This shampoo has something for everyone if you want a clean and smooth beard, fill in patches, or eliminate flakes and breakouts.
This product has been thoughtfully created with organic ingredients and no harsh chemicals. It is sulfate and parabens-free. In addition, it is also cruelty-free and gluten-free. All of these features render it an excellent choice for any sensitive beard and skin. One excellent feature is that the shampoo is pH balanced. Superior growth is made possible in a pH-balanced environment.
- Exotic ingredients
- Made in the US
- Alcohol, sulfate, and parabens free
- Gluten, cruelty, and fragrance-free
- Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties
- pH balanced shampoo
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- A little expensive
- My good man, let your beard grow with these beard products! Weed out the weak and thin ones, and let the big, thick, long beards stick around. Our Beard Shampoo and Beard Conditioner for men are formulated to help stimulate hair growth to make your beard thicker, fuller, and longer. This beard kit for men is made with all-natural ingredients proven to stimulate hair growth so you can not only grow a thicker and fuller beard but gain more confidence––and more importantly––more respect.
- Get this beard grooming kit for men and forget about going to a beard club and wasting your money on some mediocre grooming line. Experience tenacious beard growth with this amazing beard wash and conditioner for men infused with natural ingredients like Biotin and tea tree oil that keep your hair healthy and moisturized! It's time for you to cultivate a beard that would make even the great Zeus himself jealous, and slightly insecure.
5. Rapid Growth Beard Shampoo and Conditioner
Rapid Beard Store sells the shampoo and conditioner as a set. Both complement each other well. Unfortunately, the ingredients are not mentioned in detail in the bottle labels. But the company does disclose that the company was founded to serve the bearded male with products prepared from natural ingredients.
The shampoo is very gentle and can be used for daily use. But it does not lack strength and can easily remove the stubborn dirt that is settled under the beard. The conditioner lends a very smooth and soothing feel to the beard hair. Using both lends a healthy and fuller appearance to the beard. The company recommends that the shampoo and conditioner can be mixed or used one after the other.
The shampoo and conditioner are available in various bottle sizes and can be safely taken around while traveling. In addition, the quality of the product is expressed fully in the company’s no-questions-asked 30-day money-back offer.
- Natural ingredients
- Separate shampoo and conditioner
- Good for deep cleaning
- Hydrating and gives a fuller feel
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Scent not that great
- Ingredients not disclosed
- HYDRATE, SOFTEN, CLEANSE & REFRESH - All provided by our beard shampoo wash and conditioner best yet seen formulas to treat your thick rough beard hairs. Softening and eliminating itching & dandruff (beard druff) was never easier!
- MAKE STYLING EASY – Grooming, trimming, shaping and taming your beard & mustache made easy after using the combination of Rapid Beard’s beard wash and beard conditioner first.
6. Grave Before Shampoo – Beard Wash Shampoo
Grave Before Shave is a brand that is making a name for itself in this market with its simple Argan oil-enriched shampoo. This oil has garnered a reputation for itself with its superior cell regeneration, nourishment, and antioxidant properties. The addition of Argan oil gives the shampoo the ability to cleanse gently while hydrating. But since it is gentle, it might not be that effective on totally wild beards.
Experts feel that this gives the beard a noticeably softer texture after shampoo use. No wonder it can be used on all hair. A little product is all one needs to use daily, and the bottle lasts for quite a while, making it a steal. Also, the shampoo lathers well and gives that fresh, clean feel.
With its masculine and fresh scent, the scent, old-time barbershop would remind our bearded male of the barbershop and refresh those memories.
- Comes in the classic old-time barbershop scent
- Argan oil nourishes and hydrates
- A little bit of the shampoo serves the purpose for a long time
- Reasonably priced
- Hair texture improves with regular use
- Not chemical-free
- TAMES UNRULY BEARDS & MAKES GROOMING EASIER! Our gentle formula cleans and hydrates your beard and skin to reduce itchiness and dandruff (or beard druff).
- Fresh and masculine scent without being overpowering. Leaves your beard looking healthy and smelling great after every wash!
7. The Gentlemen’s Beard – Beard Wash Shampoo
The Gentleman’s Beard is an entirely made in the USA product- designed and manufactured in the US. This enables the company to have complete control over the quality. In addition, this shampoo has two oils blended in it – organic Argan oil and organic Aloe oil, among other ingredients.
These oils have built a reputation for nourishing and rejuvenating properties; therefore, expect the same from this well-formulated shampoo. It does not come with the conditioner, though, and you will have to buy one separately. However, even with the absence of a conditioner, this product helps reduce flaking significantly through superior hydration and moisturization.
The fragrance is perfect for those who like a clean and light scent and not an overpowering smell. It takes only a small quantity of shampoo to do a thorough cleaning, and therefore, the bottle can last for a while. In addition, the company has gone ahead and made it risk-free by extending money back unless you are 100% satisfied.
- Contains Organic Argan and Aloe oils
- Nourishing and rejuvenating
- Clean, fresh scent
- Made in the USA
- The bottle lasts for a long time
- Reduces flaking and improves beard texture
- Since it has come synthetic ingredients, check if it suits your skin
- Conditioner is omitted
- Made in the USA - Double the Normal Size: Most of our competitors take generic beard wash shampoos and slap a private label on them or import their products from China. Not us. We formulate our beard wash shampoo ourselves and give you more than the other brands. Your beard and face will thank you for trusting True American craftsmen.
- Soothe Irritation & Eliminate Flaking: Our beard wash shampoo alleviates itching and reduces dandruff by hydrating and moisturizing your beard. No more breakouts. No more uncomfortably rough beard.
8. Bulldog Beard Shampoo and Conditioner
The Bulldog shampoo is a two in one product- it serves as both a shampoo and a conditioner. Containing Aloe Vera, Green Tea, and Chamomile, the shampoo can help to cleanse and moisturize. It also contains artificial ingredients, but synthetic fragrances, artificial colors, plastic microbeads, and anything sourced from animals.
A company with a conscience, it has been certified by Cruelty-Free International as having a cruelty-free product line-up. Vegans and vegetarians can use their products safely. This is all great news if you have super sensitive, oily, dry, or mature skin. Parabens and sulfates are absent in the shampoo cum conditioner. This shampoo can do a world of good and absolutely no harm. It is safe enough for daily use.
The fragrance that the shampoo leaves behind is that of Aloe Vera, and for all the features, it comes at a very affordable price range. Also, my opinion is that one bottle can last a long time.
- Two in one product
- Contains Aloe Vera, Green Tea, and Chamomile
- Parabens free, sulfate-free, cruelty-free
- No synthetic fragrances, colors, or plastic microbeads
- Can be used daily
- Safe on all beard types, including those with sensitive skin
- Affordable and long-lasting
- Not made in the US
- NOT ALL BEARDS ARE CREATED EQUAL: Bulldog knows you take pride in your beard, so whether it’s course or straggly, Bulldog Beard products cover the full range of beard grooming; from cleaning and conditioning, to moisturizing and taming.
- INGREDIENTS: Bulldog Original 2-in-1 Beard Shampoo and Conditioner is formulated to cleanse and condition your beard. Our Original line contains brilliant natural ingredients. Our Beard Shampoo contains aloe vera, camelina oil and green tea. We combine these with carefully selected man-made ingredients for exceptional performance.
9. Rapid Beard- Beard Shampoo and Conditioner
The artnatural shampoo has some excellent ingredients. Interested? Here is the list. There is Aloe Vera, which is ideal for hair growth; Tea Tree oil, a powerful antiseptic; Rosemary Extract, which can stimulate growth; and Blue Cypress Wood Oil, a great cleanser. But that is not all.
Here they meet Argan Oil which nourishes follicles, and Jojoba oil which is a proven antibacterial. And as if that was not enough, there is also Shea butter, an excellent moisturizer rich in Vitamin A and E and a UV rays protectant. Next, the ingredient list sees completion with Borage Seed Oil, rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids. Finally, Licorice Root Extract helps prevent hair loss and reduces bald patches in the beard.
This nutrient-dense shampoo can be used by all skin and beard types. In addition, it is paraben-free and sulfate-free. No animal products have been used, and therefore it is also cruelty-free. The shampoo has a tea tree scent which is not everyone’s favorite. The bottle size could have been bigger. The current size feels tiny.
- Plant-based ingredient
- Exotic blend of powerful ingredients
- Parabens and sulfate-free
- Can be used by all beard and skin types, including super sensitive
- Small bottle size
- Tea tree scent is repulsive to some
- ArtNaturals Beard Wash is formulated especially to deal with the different kind of hair that makes up beards and mustaches, which is thicker, wirier, and more prone to tangling than scalp hair
- Aloe vera soothes and smoothes, and helps combat “beardruff”
10. UFC Growth Beard Shampoo and Conditioner
The Viking Revolution brand has built quite an enviable reputation for itself. This product from their stable is no different. This is a kit containing beard oil and conditioner separately. If you like separate products, this is a great choice. Using both products will give a definite shine to a dull, rough beard and make it look fuller and healthier.
This set contains Argan oil, Jojoba oil, ginger, and biotin, a powerful combination for your beard hair. These ingredients have anti-inflammatory, follicle-stimulating, and rejuvenating properties and can soothe irritated skin. Dandruff-prone skin can also definitely benefit from regular usage.
The product lasts long, and just a little bit is required as it lathers rather well. But it comes in a squeeze bottle and not a pump bottle as is advertised.
- Natural plant-based ingredients
- Argan, Jojoba oils, Biotin and ginger
- Cleansing, healing, and hydration come together
- Suitable for all beard types
- Fresh peppermint scent
- Reputed Viking Brand
- Not a pump bottle as advertised
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Beard Shampoo?
1. What are its Key Ingredients?
First things first. Take a close and hard look at the ingredients. Assess if they are organic, natural, or synthetic. Natural organic products can be used on a nearly daily basis. It suits all skin types, plus it can be used regularly without worrying about any adverse effects in the long run.
Here again, run a check to ensure that product is not stuffed with chemicals, mineral oil, petroleum, alcohol, etc. Also, ensure that there are no components that you are allergic to. For example, synthetic chemicals like parabens and sulfates are known to be carcinogenic and induce allergies. They also make your beard dry or aggravate any issues that you might have, like itching, for, eg.
Of course, now choices are aplenty, and we have vetted all the options while arriving at this list.
2. Oils and Other Ingredients:
Beard growth oils also come fortified with other essential hair oils, vitamins, and minerals. This helps overcomes any micronutrient deficiency. They also help moisturize and ensure that the natural oils in the skin and hair are not stripped off.
These oils have antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory. In addition, some of them have hair rejuvenation, follicle-stimulating, and healing properties. Castor oil, Coconut oil, Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Argan Oil, Peppermint Oil, Lavender Oil, Aloe Leaf Extract, Shea Butter are the popular ingredients that one should look out for.
3. Different Features and How They Benefit You?
The shampoo might have some features that perfectly match your needs. For example, if you have sensitive skin, you might want to go for an all-natural shampoo. On the other hand, if you are on a vacation that sees you getting dirty every day, you need to use a safe shampoo suitable for daily use.
If you are allergic to gluten, there are shampoos suitable for that. If you have applied a beard dye, then go for something that is sulfate and paraben-free, as these are gentle and tend not to leech out the dye. Some shampoos are suitable for vegans and cruelty-free. The choices are many. It only requires careful selection.
Smelling good is not priority number one. Nevertheless, an excellent masculine or a fresh and mild scent can act as a mood lifter.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Do Beard Shampoos Work?
Use it right. Take a small quantity and apply it to your beard. Nicely rub it in, and if you have a thick bird’s nest, you could also use a beard brush. This will help remove all the deep-seated grime, open up the pores and stimulate the follicles. Then rinse it well. Once dry, apply some oil or balm and style. Your beard will thank you and show its gratitude by growing well and staying manageable.
2. Is Beard Shampoo Essential?
A resounding Yes. The hair on your head differs vastly from the hair on your beard. The beard hair is much thicker and coarser. Frequent times, the skin underneath the beard defies cleaning and therefore develops an uncomfortable itch which can sometimes aggravate dandruff. A shampoo specifically meant for the beard can effectively address these issues at the very root.
3. What Should I Look for in a Beard Shampoo?
Experts recommend that you should look for organic, all-natural ingredients preferably. Also, check for the presence of any oils that can add the hydration and moisturization element. Ideally, it should be parabens and sulfates-free as these have been known to cause allergies and other health issues.
4. What is the Best Shampoo for a Beard?
All the shampoos listed above cut; still, Professor Fuzzworthy’s shampoo bar, Polished Gentleman, and Viking Revolution are the most popular in this category.
Clean facial skin and beard can keep many problems away and aid in faster and better beard growth. And one of the essentials is, of course, beard shampoo. Choose one of the shampoos from this carefully compiled list. You cannot go wrong. Then take a minute and write in your experience and comments in the comment box below. It will help us in serving you better. Please do stay connected for more valuable information to make your life easy and you look better.