Are you searching for the best beard trimmer for long beards in 2021? If yes, you are at the right place. For the past few years, long beards have been the definition of men’s grooming. Many men have a long-groomed beard to achieve a mature look. However, beards, as you know, grow wild. To achieve a macho look, you need to tame them with a precise grooming approach.
While talking about grooming approaches, trimming is something that most men aspire for. Trimming beards help you achieve the precise length and shape that you want. With so many beard shapes being popular among men, you will find many spectacular and experimental shapes of beards these days. That makes trimmer an inevitable tool to achieve an exceptional shape.
This review guide enables you to explore the ten best beard trimmers to offer you precise beard management. All the trimmers in the review below are exceptional electric tools to offer the shape that you need. Thus, explore the full list if you want to achieve a complete upgrade in your grooming schedule. But, if you are in a hurry, here are our top recommendations.
|Philips Norelco Multigroomer All-in-One Trimmer Series 7000, 23 Piece Mens Grooming Kit, Trimmer for...||44,640 Reviews||$54.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Panasonic Cordless Men's Beard Trimmer With Precision Dial, Adjustable 19 Length Setting,...||11,351 Reviews||$54.99 $47.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Philips Norelco Multigroomer All-in-One Trimmer Series 3000, 13 Piece Mens Grooming Kit, for Beard,...||92,894 Reviews||$21.96||Buy on Amazon|
Review of Best Beard Trimmers for Long Beards
1. Philips Norelco MG7750/49
The trimmer comprises a strong and durable motor. A complete rust-proof stainless steel blade accompanies to offer precision in trimming. The battery life is reasonable and doesn’t disappoint you. The trimmer also appears with an extensive range of combs which makes trimming more convenient. Not just for facial hair, this trimmer suits flexibility in use. Dual cutting technology is a major feature of this machine.
It comes with twice as many blades made with stainless steel. Self-sharpening blades are one more feature that makes it worth the money. Lithium-ion batteries in the trimmer offer you 5 hours runtime in one charge. Fourteen different guards vary in length are available to offer detailed trimming. Professionals can also achieve additional attachments to use it as a nose hair trimmer and foil shaver.
- Five-minute quick charge
- Completely cordless
- Water-resistant makes it easy to clean
- Self-sharpening blades
- It comes with limited guards
- No option for adjustable sliders
- The all in 1 trimmer for your choice of beard, head, body, and/or face hair styling with 23 pieces for all your trimming needs
- The DualCut technology offers maximum precision and includes 2x more self sharpening blades that last up to 5 years
See Also: Top 10 Best Beard Dyes
2. Panasonic Cordless Men’s Beard Trimmer
The trimmer appears with a quick adjustable dial for length optimization. However, a unique selling point is 19 distinctive length setting availability. You can rotate the dial to achieve half-millimeter length increments while trimming. Blades are exceptionally sharp with stainless steel. The blades designed at a 45-degree angle offer precision in trimming. However, battery life is not much impressive. One single charge only offers you 50 minutes of run time. Charging dock availability makes it completely cordless. The dock also alerts when the trimmer is ready to use.
This trimmer also comes with clip-on comb attachments; this helps you manipulate trimming to achieve the required beard shape and design. Water-resistivity powered with water-draining features drains water and makes it convenient to clean it. Water resistivity assurance also permits you to fully submerge the trimmer into water.
- Sharp stainless steel blades
- It comes with clip-on comb attachments
- Quick length adjust the dial
- Only offers 50 minutes runtime
- Guards are not much protective and pull hair
- Personalized Cutting and Sculpting: An adjustable dial with 19 settings to get the exact look you want; included comb attachment raises flattened hairs for clean cutting. Cutting Length Steps: 19, Cutting Length Adjustment: 1.0-10 mm, Cutting Length w/o Attachment: 0.5 mm
- Precision 45-Degree Blade Cutting System: Ultra-sharp, hypoallergenic blades make this an ideal beard trimmer for men for quick, efficient hair, beard, and mustache grooming
3. Philips Norelco MG3750
Philips Norelco MG3750 has a dual-cut technology as a signature feature in all Philips trimmers. Stainless steel sharp blades offer precision in trimming. Blades offer longevity with no chance of corrosion; a Lithium-ion battery offers you powerful, quick charging in 5 minutes. However, it holds the charge for 60 minutes only. Long wires make it operational with or without any cord.
Trimmer appears with three guards only; it includes a precision head, stubble guard, and ear trimming attachment. The attachments are washable. However, the trimmer is not! Trimmer is non-resistant to water and can get damaged when it comes in contact with water. The thin design makes the trimmer convenient to use with a great grip. The finishing touches are also quite impressive.
- Thin design that supports maximum grip
- Dual cut technology for easy trimming
- Stainless steel blades
- It is not resistant to water
- Battery backup is only one hour
- 13 attachments for all of your grooming needs: Full size steel trimmer, a steel precision trimmer, a nose and ear hair trimmer, 3 hair trimming guards, 3 beard trimming guards, a stubble guard, an accessory travel storage bag, and a cleaning brush. Unlike competition, no oil needed to maintain high quality performance Blades and Guards are easy to detach and rinse
- Maximum precision with DualCut technology, which includes 2x more self-sharpening blades. The steel blades sharpen themselves as they work, resulting in blades that remain as sharp as day 1 after 2 years of use.
4. Wahl Professional 5-Star
This trimmer appears with zero over-lapping stainless steel blades. Blades are adjustable to achieve any blend or fade in beard trimming. Trimmer comes as an ideal choice for creating a transition effect on beards. Battery life is average with 90 minutes run time in a single charge. You can either use it with a cord or cordless with long connectivity wires.
Eight different clipper attachments come with this trimmer. All these vary in length. Blade oil and red blade guard are accessories to maintain blades for long years. The accessories are impressive, but the trimmer is still non-resistant to water. Complete submerging is not achievable. However, you can still clean it with a wet cloth. Moreover, it is a versatile machine with power and features. It comes as a top pick when you want fading and transition effects on the beard.
- Stainless steel blades to offer longevity
- It comes with several maintenance accessories
- It offers you cord or cordless accessibility
- It is not waterproof
- Battery backup is not good with only 90 minutes to run time
- Wahl's Magic Clip uses our patented stagger-tooth blade and is designed for creating seamless blends and textures when hard or soft line fading and bulk hair removal with the freedom of a cordless clipper; the world's best-selling professional clipper!
- The Magic Clip wireless clipper makes a crisp, crunch sound allowing the barber or stylist to know hair is being cut resulting in a polished, finished look. Comes with a durable housing that is lightweight and ideal for all-day professional use
5. Wahl Stainless Steel Lithium Ion+
This trimmer is a commercial-grade machine appearing with stainless steel blades. The blades are quite robust and formidable. It helps the trimmer offer great performance while trimming long thick beards. Lithium-ion rechargeable battery charges within an hour and run for 4 hours in a single charge. One minute of charging is enough to achieve 15 minutes of beard trimming. This trimmer is completely cordless.
The charging pace even makes it more convenient to use. Twelve distinct attachment guards vary in length available in the trimmer. A personal rotary head is also available to offer you detailing. Unfortunately, the trimmer is non-resistant to water. Maintenance is only possible with dry clothes. One unique feature to expect from a trimmer is self-sharpening blades. This makes it a durable trimmer for the long run.
- Lithium-ion battery offers quick charging
- 4 hours run time
- It offers Self-sharpening blades
- It comes with Stainless steel blades
- It is not waterproof/ water resistant
- No speed and length adjustment feature
- All In One Beard Trimmer - Includes 3 multipurpose attachments that are perfect for all facial hair and beard styles: T-Blade, Rotary Personal Trimmer, and Detail Trimmer. Perfect for touching up haircuts, trimming ear & nose areas, and beard trimming for a complete grooming system
- Self-sharpening precision blades - Includes patented technology for superior cutting for all hair types & lengths. The blades are long lasting for outstanding performance in a hair and beard trimmer.
6. Philips Norelco Series 5100
This trimmer comes with double sharpened stainless steel as a mandatory feature from Philips. Stainless steel as a blade component prevents skin irritation and itching. Besides, the trimmer is suitable for a dynamic beard guide system. This offers convenience in drawing a precise beard shape. The battery efficiency is quite expected. Lithium-ion battery offers you quick charging and also runs for 70 minutes on a single charge.
Trimmer allows accessibility with or without a cord. Long wires of connectivity support with cord use. Comb attachments, however, are limited in the trimmer. It only comes with two comb attachments of 0.4 mm length and 13mm length. The relieving part about this trimmer is, it is waterproof. Even after submerging in water, the trimmer remains fully functional. The manufacturer claims it even works in running water and shower; the design is quite ergonomic. The slim framework supports better gripping. Further, there are 17 precision length setting which comes adjustable by a rotating zoom wheel.
- Double sharpened stainless steel blades
- Blades prevent skin irritation and itching
- It comes completely waterproof and even runs underwater
- Battery performance is not so good
- Only two guards are available with a trimmer
- The Philips Beard Trimmer Series 5100 is good for more than just your beard. It doubles as a hair clipper to effectively trim your face and head with one tool.
- Dynamic beard guide system lifts and guides hair efficiently, designed to deliver a skin-friendly and even trim.
See Also: How To Soften Beard? Best Beard Care Products
7. Remington PG6025
This trimmer comprises exceptional and durable blades. Blades are completely stainless steel to offer you longevity. Strong motor backs the powerful blade to offer precision in trimming; the motor is sturdy enough to handle thick and wild beards. Batteries coming with trimmer are of lithium-ion. It runs for an hour with a single charge.
The trimmer is usable with or without a cord as per the user’s preference. Combs of 8 length size offers great stubble and long beard trimming. All combs and attachments are washable after detaching from the trimmer. However, the trimmer is not water-resistant. The users using the trimmer must avoid using it inside the shower. The grip on a trimmer is quite firm. It offers a great hold to trimmer. There is one feature missing in the trimmer; it includes the length adjustment knob. Besides that, the trimmer is quite lightweight and offers great accessibility.
- Strong and powerful motor
- Lithium-ion battery charges quickly
- Stainless steel blade offers durability
- It offers you a sturdy grip
- Self-sharpening blades
- It comes with Washable attachments
- Only offers one-hour battery backup
- The length adjustment feature is missing
- 14 Settings for All Your Grooming Needs – Full-Size Trimmer; Nose, Ear, & Detail Trimmer; Detail Shaver; 8-Length Hair Clipper Comb; 3 Snap-On Beard and Stubble Combs
- Self-Sharpening, Surgical Steel Blades for Long-Lasting Precision and Durability
8. Andis 04710 Professional T-Outliner
This T-outliner has a great carbon-steel sharp blade. The blades leave with no irritation. The blades in this trimmer appear with a zero-gap design. It helps you achieve clean and crisp trimming. Besides, this is a fully-corded trimmer. It might affect the convenience of some users. There are no batteries in this trimmer, and it runs only with direct current from the electric outlet. Besides being corded, the motors of this trimmer are quite powerful. Motors also don’t offer you much noise and vibration while using.
Despite being corded, this trimmer is highly portable. Lightweight and easy-to-carry accessories make it great for professionals. The trimmer has no attachments available with it. Clippers are also not present. When it comes to water-resistivity, this trimmer yet again disappoints you. Trimmer is not safe to use in showers. The overall design is not much impressive.
- It comes with a powerful motor
- Zero-gapped blades offer precision trimming
- Free of skin irritation
- It is a corded trimmer
- Trimmer is not waterproof
- PROFESSIONAL TRIMMER: Use for crisp, clean lines, dry-shaving, and sharp edges with zero overlap blades. Works as a hair, beard, sideburns, and mustache trimmer. All-in-one device, suitable for all ages.
- POWERFUL: With an 8-foot electric cord for heavy-duty cutting and a high-torque rotary motor with quality machines drive components to allow for professional-grade shaving at home, produce minimum noise, and preserve long-term availability.
9. Hatteker Mens grooming kit
This Hattekar trimmer impresses you with a powerful motor. The robust and efficient motor in the trimmer enables the machine to cut through any beard, no matter how thick it is. The blades in the trimmer are also of higher commercial grade. The stainless steel blades self-sharpen themselves after a single trimming. Further, stainless as property makes it rust-proof and long-lasting. The lithium-ion rechargeable battery is also impressive. The battery run time is one hour in a unit charge. The USB port for charging makes convenient to charge in almost all the USB port electric outlet.
The trimmer is portable with charging compatibility and lightweight. There are six different guide combs to achieve precision in the length measurement of the beard. There are also many body groomer kits that enable users to groom nose and ear hairs. Besides, this trimmer is completely waterproof. It offers you all assurance to use under the shower and running water. Maintaining the trimmer is also convenient, as you can clean it. This trimmer also has reinforced trimming guards to offer protection from hair pulling.
- It is completely waterproof
- Six different size guide combs
- USB charging port
- Self-sharpening stainless steel blade
- Battery life is average
- Much slimmer in design; that can lose grip
- 13 attachments for all of your grooming needs: A full size steel trimmer, extra-wide hair trimmer, a steel precision trimmer, a nose and ear hair trimmer, a body trimmer, a adjustable beard trimmer comb (3/4/5/6mm), a precison dial, 4 hair trimmer combs(3/6/9/12mm), a adjustable comb(1/2/4/6/8/10/12/14/16mm) for a precision trimmer, a styling comb
- Self-sharpening steel blades: The trimmer's precise steel blades create clean, straight lines and evenly trim through the thickest hair. The non-corrosive blades won't rust, preventing skin irritation
10. Braun MGK3060
This trimmer lasts long as a top-performer with a stainless steel blade. The blades come backed by powerful motors that are efficient for even the most rugged thick beard. Stainless steel makes the blades non-corrosive and keeps you away from any skin irritation. But the battery in this trimmer will disappoint you. Despite having a lithium-ion battery, it takes 8 hours to fully charge the battery. The worst part is; it takes only one hour for the battery to drain. This quality doesn’t make it quite convenient for portability. The feature of using it while plugged in makes it almost a corded trimmer.
The trimmers come with four comb attachments of varying lengths. This lets you adjust the cutting length between 0.5mm to 21mm. Besides, nose and ear trim attachments make it ready for multi-purpose use as well. Maintaining the trimmer is easy to achieve. The Water-resistivity feature makes it incredibly easy to clean in the sink. However, the trimmer is not completely waterproof. Using it below the shower may damage it.
- It comes with a powerful motor in it
- Stainless steel durable and irritation-free blades
- Offers six comb attachments
- Great design
- The trimmer is not completely waterproof
- Drains battery in just one hour
- The kit includes 4 combs covering 13 precision length settings from 0.5-21mm, a detail trimmer and ear & nose trimmer attachments
- Fully washable for easy cleaning under running water
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Beard Trimmer
Despite having an exclusive product review, it still can be tedious to choose one among ten. Choosing one becomes easier when you are aware of factors that you need to consider. Buying a beard trimmer for a long beard also indulges several technical and general factors in looking at. Further, growing a beard is like a meditation. You need disciple to achieve a precisely maintained beard. But all that hard work can just get destroyed when you don’t have the right tool to style your long beard.
Inadequate knowledge about a tool often leads to devastating experiences. Not that you will have to spend a lot of money, but you can also end up ruining the beard shape that you have achieved after a month-long growth. Here are different features you should look for in trimmer to make a good buying decision.
1. Sharpness of Blades
The objective behind buying a trimmer is to cut the beard or shape it. Both of these activity demands a sharp blade to fulfill your goal. In beard trimmers, durable and sharp blades are an indispensable factor to look for. You will get blades working precisely during the initial days, but what you should look for is their durability. The trimmer blades come manufactured with a wide range of materials. All these materials include titanium, plastic, steel, and chromium.
You should always avoid buying plastic blade trimmers. The plastic blades in trimmers are not durable. In contrast, stainless steel blades are an ideal option to choose in the blade. It offers you longevity and precision in cutting.
Many men are sensitive to any specific materials. Using any inadequate metal may cause skin irritation and itching. If you have any such problem, you should buy quality blades after consulting dermatologists.
2. Robust Motor
Blades in trimmer are no doubt inevitable for cutting beards. But it is the motor power that regulates cutting speed to deliver the design that you need. A reliable and robust motor in trimmers is always vital to achieving any beard shape without struggle. It can be overwhelming when you buy a trimmer with a weak motor, and it catches your hair rather than cutting it.
A weak motor also pulls random hairs from your beard to deliver uneven trim. Not just that, pulling of hair from the root offers you pain that you cannot ignore. Power frequency from 120 volts to 60 Hertz is ideal when you are looking for precision in beard shaping.
3. Cord Vs. Cordless
You can witness the marketplaces comes flooded with several kinds of trimmers. Cord and cordless are two broad categories to segment trimmers. While shaping your beard, you would be trimming your beard at all possible angles. That demands a cordless type trimmer to achieve precision.
But many times, even with cordless ones, you will run out of battery. Thanks to manufacturers, trimmers these days are still running while docking it for charging. So, when you are looking for trimmers, always consider cordless ones. But also make sure the charging wire length is maximum to offer you accessibility.
4. Runtime / Battery Life
After cordless being the choice for flexibility, you will always require a good runtime for ease in using. While looking for a trimmer, you should always consider the long battery life achieved within a short charging time. The battery life in a trimmer gets decided by the battery power. Lithium-ion battery types are usually the most durable ones. It offers you consistency in battery life and high performance. Most of the ideal trimmers run continuously for three hours after a single charge.
Quick charge is also something that you must not ignore. A trimmer with a power dash charging adapter will offer you super-fast charging within half an hour. Super-fast charging in trimmers offers you better convenience and lets you avoid stay plugged in.
The most obvious place for men to groom beards is in a shower. The shower is evidently a place to find water and moisture. Keeping it in focus, you should always buy beards that are waterproof. Slipping away trimmers from hand is a common scenario. waterproof trimmers will stay protected even you accidentally drop them into a washbasin or bucket—most times, after having routine grooms, men forget trimmer at showers.
With moisture inside the shower, it may affect the trimmer. Thus, a water-resistant trimmer is what you should always focus on. Some best models from top-notch brands are always efficient in offering water resistance.
6. Design and Grip
Achieving a precise beard design also depends on factors like grip and design. The way you hold the trimmer offers you convenience in shaping. A trimmer with an ergonomic design will reduce half of the burden. It should also have a better grip to avoid misshapen while shaping or grooming a beard. Most times, bad grips result in uneven cutting. Motor vibration also is another factor that boosts the slipping of the trimmer. Thus you must find a trimmer with a great grip.
7. Combs and Attachments
Longbeard management often demands cutting and shaping of beard in diverse lengths. The combs in a trimmer pack will always help you achieve the length that you desire. In most trimmer’s packs, you will find comb attachments of distinct measurements. It includes 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, and 7mm. Combs in the trimmer pack also determine the shape of beards.
Thus, make sure combs in your trimmer pack are of precise length. With some extra combs, you can also fulfill grooming any other portions of your body.
The accessories in trimmers are as vital as a trimmer for beard management. You must expect all accessories with the trimmer convenience in beard grooming. Accessories vitally necessary for ease in use are soft brushes for blade cleaning; Beard hair may get stuck at the blade’s two sides. A soft brush will help you clear all those beard hairs for precise cleaning.
Along with that, you should also expect a docking stand to charge the battery. This will help you keep the trimmer safely, even in a shower with a wet base. Dash charger and USB charging cable are also mandatory accessories that you must expect.
Staying focused on these factors will always help you achieve a quality trimmer for better grooming. If you still have some uncertainties, read out the FAQs to find more relevant answers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Which trimmer is best for long beard grooming?
The list includes the finest trimmers for long beards. However, to be more specific, Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 7000 is a great beard for long beard grooming.
2. Can a trimmer get used to long beards?
Trimmer as a tool helps you shape your long beards. You can achieve grooming with combs and attachments. But you require a technique to prevent uneven complete trimming; a Longbeard trimmer demands paintbrush-like trimmer movement around the beard to deliver a desirable shape.
3. How should I trim my long beard?
Trimming of long beard starts with measurement of beard length that you want to achieve for your beard. Your beard comes with three lines. It includes the top line, baseline, and lip line. Set out the measurement for each of these areas to trim exactly the way you want.
4. What beard trimmers do professionals use?
Professional use trimmers like Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 7000, Panasonic Cordless Men’s, Wahl Professional 5-Star, and Remington PG6025.
5. Does trimming increases beard growth?
No trimming doesn’t increase beard growth. Trimming is a grooming approach to achieve beard shapes.
6. Should I trim my beard wet or dry?
Wet trimming is more convenient. You can achieve the exact length when beard hair is wet. However, a dry beard shrinks and offers you uneven trimming.
7. Which trimmer brand is best?
All brands come with distinct features. You can always compare features and usability when it is about buying a trimmer.
8. What should be the length of an ideal beard trimming?
A precise beard trimmer is always set at 3-5 mm for ideal cutting off your long beard. While buying any beard trimmer, you should also expect the same length in the blade setting.
9. What is the battery backup of the best trimmer?
1-2 hours is the average run time for most of the batteries. Even many trimmers offer you 4-5 hours of battery time in a single charge.
10. Is Philips a good brand for trimmers?
Yes! Philips is a great brand that offers you an extensive range of models in trimmers. Dual cut technology is a unique feature in all Philips trimmers. This list also has few Philips trimmers in it.
Picking up the right trimmer will help you achieve the great shape. All the above trimmers mentioned in the list comprise unique quality and features. But you must consider factors from buying guide and choose a trimmer that best suits your beard type and use. Setting up your preferences also streamlines the process of selection for you. Now that you know the reviews and guide, choose the best one from the list.
If you have any more uncertainties, you can also leave a comment in the box below. We hope this article about the best beard trimmer for long beards is helpful to you. Do share this content on social media if you find it helpful for you in any manner.