Snake Tattoos come in different varieties – such as traditional, tribal, and Westworld styles. Do you know the meaning of snake tattoos? They can have multiple meanings according to the context. Snakes have been mentioned as mysterious animals throughout history.
An episode of ancient aliens even claimed that the aliens who visited earth in the past were like snakes, which is why they are considered magical all over the globe.
From Hindu Lord Shiva to Chinese culture, you will find snakes everywhere. Snakes usually mean mystery and magic. They also represent the afterlife and life in another form.
The best placement of snake designs is on your arm or hand area, where it’s clearly visible. Here we have chosen 50 cool snake designs that you can try.
Traditional Snake Tattoo
1. This design is inspired by prison tattoos and is mostly used by gangs, and thugs.
2. Many ancient tribes used Snake’s poison on their daggers to kill their prey. A Snake and dagger tattoo is a cool combination.
3. It will be hard for anyone to move their eyes from such a beautiful 3d venomous snake tattoo design on the sleeve.
4. Many snake species are more popular than others. For example, Rattlesnakes are known for their distinct appearance and sound. You can try a rattlesnake design like this.
5. Many ancient tribes consider snakes as their sigil. This design is inspired by Japanese art.
6. Cobra is called the king of snakes. Here is a majestic King cobra tattoo design. Snakes represent a fearless and powerful personality, what better way to show it than this cool king cobra tatt?
7. Even though I admire front-facing snake designs but side posing looks good too.
8. As snakes are mentioned throughout history therefore you will find a lot of tribal snake designs that you can consider for tattoos.
9. Snake and eagle are enemies. Many people try snake and eagle tattoos to show that they seek revenge.
10. Not all snakes are poisonous. Some snakes kill with constriction and you can try tattoos of such snakes (like Python). Although there are more than 3000 species of snakes, not all of them are venomous.
11. One common idea suggested for men is to try it on the whole chest like this. But mind you not everyone admires such designs.
12. Girls similarly can try a large-size design on their back but then again think before you commit.
13. Traditional snake tattoos look scary and therefore they are very popular. Here is a collection of traditional tattoos to admire.
14. Here is a Japanese snake tattoo design where the artist inked a beautiful cherry blossom tattoo inside the snake.
15. Many people opt for snakes as cover-up design but they alone won’t be able to cover up. So you need designs like this. The flower tattoo mixed with the snake is good to cover any bad tattoo design.
16. If you opt for a brown snake tattoo (of Australia) or a rattlesnake design like this or even a python tattoo then you might get a good cover-up design.
17. A hissing snake design has a unique meaning. It represents aggression. Therefore opt for it if you have an aggressive nature.
18. Hindu God Shiva is associated with snakes. Many people like to have a cobra tattoo that is seen around the neck and biceps of Shiva. Here is a cool collection of Hindu tattoos.
19. You can have a childish design if you want to show yourself as a mischievous person.
20. Snake is associated with death in many cultures so a common combination is to try snake and skull tattoo.
21. Many people like to have snake tattoos on their fingers. It is often used as a matching tattoo design by royal families.
22. Here is an odd design where a snake is wrapped around the apple tree, it looks interesting and you can try it.
23. A cool snake and sword tattoo design for those who consider themselves warriors.
24. This design is childish but if you want a temporary pastel tattoo then here it is. It’s best to avoid childish-looking tattoos with snake design, it won’t go well together.
25. Ever heard the quote that a snake eats its own tail? Here is the visual representation of it. It also forms an infinity symbol, a simple snake tattoo that look cool too.
26. Most people opt for eye tattoos on their biceps. I think a snake eye tattoo would be a majestic idea.
27. The poison of the snake is in its sharp teeth and showing it in your tattoo design is an awesome idea.