Snake Tattoos come in different varieties – such as traditional, tribal and Westworld style. Do you know the meaning of snake tattoos? They can have multiple meanings according to the context. Snakes have been mentioned as mysterious animals throughout history. An episode of ancient aliens even claimed that the aliens who visited earth in the past were snake likes that is why they are considered magical all over the globe.
From Hindu Lord Shiva to Chinese cultural importance to snakes you will find snake everywhere. Snake tattoos usually mean mystery and magic. They also represent afterlife and life in another form. Here we have chosen 50 cool snake tattoo designs that you can try –
neo traditional snake
1. This snake tattoo design is inspired from prison tattoos and mostly used by gangs, Thugs.
realistic snake tattoo
geometric snake tattoo
2. Many ancient tribes used Snake’s poison on their daggers to kill their prey. A Snake and dagger tattoo is a cool combination.
3. It will be hard for anyone to move their eyes from such beautiful 3d snake tattoo design on the sleeve.
4. Many snake species are popular than others. For example, Rattlesnakes are known for their distinct appearance and sound. You can try a rattlesnake tattoo like this.
5. Many ancient tribes snake as their sigil. This snake tattoo is inspired from Japanese art.
6. Cobra is called as the king of snakes. Here is a majestic King cobra tattoo design.
7. Even though I admire front facing snake tattoos but side posing snake tattoo looks good too.
8. As Snakes are mentioned throughout history therefore you will find a lot of tribal snake designs that you can consider for tattoos.
9. Snake and eagle are enemies. Many people try snake and eagle tattoos to show that they seek revenge.
10. Not all snakes are poisonous. Some snakes kill with constriction and you can try tattoos of such snakes (like Python).Although there are more than 3000 species of snakes but not all of them are venomous.
11. One common snake tattoo idea suggested for men is to try it on whole chest like this. But mind you not everyone admire such designs.
12. Girls similarly can try a large size snake tattoo on their back but then again think before you commit.
13. Traditional snake tattoos look scary and therefore they are very popular.
14. Here is a Japanese tattoo art inspired snake tattoo where the artist inked beautiful cherry blossom tattoo inside the snake.
15. Many people opt for snake tattoos as cover up design but they alone wont be able to cover up. So you need designs like this.
16. However if you opt for a brown snake tattoo (of Australia) or a rattlesnake tattoo like this or even python tattoo then you might get a good cover up design.
17. A hissing snake tattoo design as a unique meaning. It represents aggression. Therefore opt it if you have an aggressive nature.
18. Hindu God Shiva is associated with snakes. Many people like to have a cobra tattoo that is seen around the neck and biceps of Shiva.
19. You can have childish snake tattoo design if you want to show yourself as a mischievous person.
20. Snake is associated to death by many cultures so a common combination is to try snake and skull tattoo.
21. Many people like to have snake tattoos on fingers. It is often used as a matching tattoo design by royal families.
22. Here is an odd snake tattoo design that you can try.
23. A cool snake and sword tattoo design for those who consider themselves warriors.
24. This snake tattoo design is childish but if you want a temporary pastel tattoo then here it is.
25. Ever heard the quote that a snake eat its own tail. Here is the visual representation of it.
26. Most people opt for eye tattoos on bicep. I think a snake eye tattoo would be majestic idea.
27. The poison of the snake is in its sharp teeth and showing it in your tattoo design is awesome idea.
28. Here is another traditional snake and rose tattoo design that will suit girls.
29. Snake skin tattoos are also in demand but to full off a stunning animated tattoo like this you have to find an experienced artist.
30. Snake outline tattoos are not as cool as realistic snake tattoos. Still if you want to try then here is one design for you.
31. Forearm is the best place to try snake skin tattoos and you won’t be disappointed by the results.
32. This snake and skull tattoo design is inspired by medieval art and I must say it is way better than most designs I have seen.
33. Here is a snake tattoo inked using blackwork tattoo art. It will leave long lasting impression on viewers.
34. This traditional snake tattoo would look way better on stomach (of girls).
35. Here is a harry potter inspired snake tattoo design that shows the house slytherin.
36. Adding multiple snakes to your tattoo design will show that you believe in fortune and next life.
37. Snake tattoos look equally great on calves so try them.
38. A black and grey snake tattoo design will have its own charm but still I would recommend a colourful pattern.
39. While my favourite design is a snake constricting an arm but design like this also looks great.
40. If you wish to try traditional snake tattoo then this is an ideal color choice.
41. Dangerous snakes are usually longer than 6 foot so try a long snake tattoo if you want to represent danger.
42. You can wear a snake tattoo like an ornament or jewelry. For example here this girl got a snake tattoo like anklet jewellery.
43. Shoulder is not so great choice for snake tattoos but some design are meant to be on shoulders.
44. This Aztec civilization inspired snake tattoo will be too hard to explain to everyone.
45. Here is a simple yet mesmerizing snake tattoo design that will leave a long lasting impact on the mind of viewers.
46. Do not have another sub-par tattoos around your majestic snake tattoo or they will ruin the whole look.
47. Here is a tribal snake tattoo design that can be your first tattoo.
48. Two faced snake tattoos have a deep meaning as they represent dual personalities of a person.
49. Green snake tattoo will look way better than other designs.
50. Here is a white ink snake tattoo design that looks great on hand.
Which Snake tattoo design you liked the most and why?