It is hard to track down the full history of mehndi art. However, most mehndi designs are actually in trend from past several centuries. Mehndi plays a vital role in Indian sub-continent. It is mainly worn by a married woman (Be it Hindu, Muslim or Sikh) but unmarried girls also try mehndi design on their hands.
Mehndi is usually worn on auspicious occasions like marriage or festivals like Karva Chauth and teej. It is said that the color of the mehndi is symbolic of the life of the husband. This makes mehndi a very important part of Indian culture.
Mehndi is said to be invented in Arab where Muslim women used leaves of the henna plant to make the mehndi. Later it became a popular body art style in India and Pakistan. Here we give 110+ best mehndi designs that range from kids design to married women designs –
Arabic Mehndi Designs
1. When it comes to beautiful designs of mehndi, no one can beat the graceful Arabic mehndi designs. (tribal scorpion tattoos meaning)
2. In fact the bridal Arabic mehndi designs are even more popular. This is because the arabs are using mehndi tattoos since 700 AD.
3. But this does not mean that you will not find an easy and simple Arabic mehndi designs. There are several elegant designs like this that are easy to draw.
4. Girls who are about to get married opt for Arabic mehndi designs that goes up to their forearms like this.
5. Mehndi designs are not only tried on palm but they are also tried on back of the hand like this.
6. Here is another beautiful chandelier inspired mehndi design for hands.
7. If you wish to try a simple mehndi design that is also beautiful then here is one for you.
8. There are many indian mehndi designs available. One among them is such minimal design where the whole hand is not drawn upon but only certain parts.
9. One of the best Arabic mehndi design that was used by arab queens was similar to this. The arab girls used matching mehndi patterns on both hands and feet.
10. The professionally prepared henna cones may fade away sooner but the handmade henna stays on hand for a longer period of time.