Mandala tattoos are related to Hinduism and Buddhism but lately they have gained popularity world-wide. In fact they are among the most popular tattoo designs inspired from Asian culture. The meaning of mandala tattoos is very deep and psychological.
Mandala is the word used to describe the whole universe and cosmos in Hinduism. These cosmos can be as big as our whole universe or as small as the mitochondria of a cell. They represent life in the cosmos and how we all are connected to one super power.
This makes mandala tattoos so much meaningful. Many people like mandala tattoos because they are perfect choice for sleeve tattoos or cover up tattoos. Here we have chosen 59 incredible mandala tattoos that will suit men and women –
Mandala Tattoos Ideas
1. Mandala sleeve tattoos are very much popular among men and women. In fact they are called as one of the best tattoos for girls. I have seen a variation where one arm is inked with mandala sleeve and other arm is inked with maori sleeve tattoo.
2. Many artist suggest to add flower to mandala tattoos and the most commonly suggested flower is of lotus.
3. Many guys and girls like to have matching mandala tattoos. A cool idea is to represent the mandala in two different forms like this.
4. You don’t have to try mandala full sleeve tattoos as mandala half sleeve tattoo designs looks equally gorgeous.
5. If you want to give a mystical touch to your mandala tattoo then have it on backbone or spine just like this.
6. Mandala tattoos are inspired from the mandalas depicted in Hinduism. So it Is only meaningful to add hindu deities or statues to your mandala tattoo.
7. If you are self-centric person then a good idea would be add your name initial in between the mandala tattoo showing you consider yourself your own universe.
8. Geometric mandala tattoos are my favourite because they show geometrical symmetry all around like this.
9. You can mix two different cultures and have a unique mandala tattoo. Like here this lady have a mandala tattoo in the style of a dreamcatcher tattoo.
10. You can have temporary mandala tattoos with the use of henna. The mehandi aka henna is used by married indian women.