3D tattoos are popular among tattoo lovers since the last two decades but you don’t see them often on people. This is because 3D tattoos can only be tattooed by experienced artist otherwise there is a huge risk of your 3D going wrong. The internet is full of 3D tattoo fails and therefore people are confused and scared on whether to get a 3D tattoo or not. If you find an experience tattoo artist in your locality then I would advice you to try 3D tattoo design at least once in your life. Here we picked 50 realistic 3D tattoo designs that will suit both men and women-
3D Tattoos Ideas And Designs
1. Most 3D tattoos are inspired from Biomechanical tattoos. Here is a realistic biomechanical tattoo design that is leaving a long lasting impression.
2. 3D portrait tattoos are very popular. Instead of opting a person I would highly suggest you to pick up 3D portrait of your pet (Dog or cat).
3. The artist cleverly used the curves of the inner bicep of this boy to ink a beautiful eye tattoo design. You can see the reflection of a distant building in the eyes too.
4. Girls can opt for 3D flower tattoos but don’t pick up an easy design. I would recommend you to go for a 3D rose tattoo or a three D chrysanthemum tattoo design like this.
5. You can also opt for a 3D landscape tattoo design and it doesn’t have to be big. Here is a small 3D tattoo design on the forearm of this girl.
6. If you wish to have a 3D eye tattoo design then I would recommend you to either try eyes of an Owl or eye of the tiger.
7. Large size 3D tattoos look more impressive then small size 3D tattoos. Here is a large size 3D skull tattoo design on the full back of this guy.
8. If you opt for human anatomy tattoos or human body part tattoos then my better suggestion would be to try a 3D praying hands tattoo design on chest.
9. 3D tattoos give you an option to get portrait tattoos of your favourite celebrity. Here is a 3D portrait tattoo of Kim kardashian.
10. Double exposure tattoos in 3D styles can be pulled off only by experienced tattoo artists. Here is a double exposure tattoo in 3D style that shows a baby and a skull.
11. If you opt for multiple 3D tattoos then make sure they complement each other or otherwise the whole design would be just waste of space. Here is a confusing 3D tattoo of a lioness and a candle.
12. Girls like to have butterfly tattoos so I would recommend them to try a 3D butterfly tattoo design on shoulder like this.
13. If you opt for a 3D tribal design then my suggestion would be to go for a native Indian or a tribal male portrait tattoo design like this.
14. If you want a 3D temporary tattoo design then I would suggest you to either go for a watercolour 3d tattoo or a pastel 3D tattoo.
15. 3D tattoos require more space than an average tattoo design so have it on body parts like thighs, shoulders or chest or back.
16. It is better to pick up a realistic 3D tattoo design then to go after an imaginative tattoo design. Here is a 3D flower tattoo along with an eye tattoo and a diamond tattoo.
17. Even though I would suggest a medium size 3D portrait tattoo but if you are huge fan of a musician or actor or actress then you can opt for a full back 3d tattoo like this (Oozy osbourne).
18. A 3d sleeve tattoo design is ideal for those who are looking for a cover up tattoo design on arms.
19. You can also get your name (or your loved ones name) inked in 3D style. For this you have to choose 3D fonts.
20. 3D tattoos can go wrong so be sure that you pick up the right design and the right artist or otherwise it might become a huge tattoo fail.
21. My favourite Kind of 3D tattoos would be one that is inspired from the universe. Here is a 3d full sleeve tattoo that shows our Milky Way galaxy.
22. You can also go for 3D angel or 3D angel wings tattoos and the best place to have them is shoulders or back.
23. Here is a 3D wolf tattoo design that seems to be inspired from the werewolves of HBO tv series Game of Thrones.
24. If you are a big music fan then I would recommend you to try a 3D musical instrument tattoo design. The best one would be a 3D guitar tattoo.
25. Coloring can improve a 3D tattoo designs to amazing levels. For example this Egyptian mummy tattoo design is looking so amazing due to its golden shading.
26. If you wish to opt for a girl portrait tattoo design then I would suggest you to focus on her hairs as they will make the tattoo realistic.
27. Here is a 3D girl portrait tattoo design that seems to be inspired from the silent movies era.
28. 3D tattoos can fade away quickly due to their uneven designing. So you must take good care of your 3D tattoo designs.
29. You can also get tattooed with your favourite superhero. Here is a 3D tattoo of Venom (villain in Spider man comics) on the chest of this guy.
30. If you opt for a sleeve tattoo on arm or legs then I would highly recommend you to try the same 3D sleeve tattoo on both arms and legs.
31. A flower bouquet tattoo design will be a better option as compared to a 3D flower tattoo. Here is a 3D flower bouquet tattoo on the thigh of this woman.
32. If you opt for a 3D biomechanical tattoo design then the best part to have them is either calf or arm.
33. If you opt for a girl portrait tattoo design in 3d style then I would suggest you to focus on the make-up of the girl.
34. 3D gothic tattoo designs also look amazing. For this you have to choose a mysterious design. Here is a 3D raven tattoo design.
35. This 3D biomechanical tattoo design on the thigh of this girl would surely leave people confused as they will wonder whether it is a tattoo or a real thing.
36. You can have 3D eye or 3D portrait tattoo design on the back of the calf. It is the best part for such tattoos. In fact people might get scared of 3d tattoo designs like this on the back of the calf.
37. This marvellous 3d tattoo design on the rib cage of this girl is perfectly placed but is ruined by other tattoos nearby.
38. You can also opt for planet tattoo designs on forearm. If the 3d planet tattoo design doesn’t turn out good then change it to eye tattoo.
39. A good 3D tattoo idea would be get tattooed with your favourite movie character be it a hero or a villain.
40. Is this 3D tattoo of Daryl from AMC TV series ‘The Walking Dead’? Or is it some other guy?
41. This 3D tattoo design seems to be inspired from the super villain El Diablo of Suicide Squad. He was played by Jay Hernandez.
42. Here is a 3D tattoo of Scarlett Johansson on the upper shoulder of this girl.
43. This 3D biomechanical tattoo design on the forearm of this guy can be improved by expanding it on the whole curve.
44. You can opt for a weird 3d tattoo design on unexpected body parts. For example this guy chose to get his hand tattooed with a 3D bat tattoo design. Is he Batman?
45. People also opt for 3D clock or timepiece or even hourglass tattoo design. However the confusion arises on which time you should show in it.
46. This impressive and detailed 3D galaxy tattoo designed is ruined by the addition of a skull tattoo. Probably the artist wanted to send a message that it’s all in our head.
47. 3D elephant tattoo designs turn out to be much better than any other 3D tattoo design of animal. Here is a full back 3D elephant tattoo design on this woman.
48. I don’t think there is anyone in this world who hate or disliked Breaking Bad. Here is a3D portrait tattoo of our favourite Walter White.
49. If you ever wished for a King or Queen Tattoo design then I would advise you to try the 3D version of King queen tattoos.
50. 3D cross tattoos will be suitable for those who are looking for religious tattoos or Christian tattoos but I won’t advise them to show blood on their cross tattoos.
Which 3D tattoo design from the above photo gallery you liked the most?