You must know about the pros and cons of watercolor tattoos before trying one. Indeed, Watercolor tattoo fades away much quicker than normal tattoos. But this doesn’t mean you should avoid them.
The watercolor tattoo is the most recent tattoo trend that is sweeping away all other tattoo techniques. They have only been in trend for the past few years which raises many questions regarding them. One obvious question is how good watercolor tattoos are?
Here we discuss everything regarding watercolor tattoos along with 125+ watercolor tattoo ideas that will suit both men and women-
Watercolor flower Tattoos
1. Watercolor tattoos are not considered for grown up men and women so it doesn’t matter if you have a childish watercolor tattoo design.
2. A good idea for a watercolor tattoo would be to have a tribal tattoo design and spark it with vibrant watercolors. My favorite would be a watercolor wedding ring tattoo design.
3. Some tattoo artist can give water color tattoos a serious look. Here is a perfect example of a detailer watercolor tattoo.
4. Girls prefer watercolor tattoos more than boys. So what would be better designed than a watercolor flower tattoo along with the butterfly?
5. You might like a trippy tattoo design crafted using watercolor. Here is a stylish watercolor tattoo design on the forearm of this girl. But please be aware about the risk of such tattoos.
Watercolor Rose Tattoo
6. If a boy is interested in watercolor tattoo then I would suggest them to have it on the rib cage as they can hide it whenever they want.
7. Geometric symbols and signs are easy to make using watercolor. Here is a geometric star tattoo design made using water color.
8. I have to admit that I am pretty much impressed with this unique watercolor tattoo design. The artist beautifully used the watercolor as clouds around a tribal star.
9. One problem with watercolor tattoos is that they fade away easily. Here is how a faded watercolor tattoo design would look.
10. Here is another beautiful before and after photo of a watercolor tattoo design.
Watercolor Tattoos Pros and Cons
PROS of Watercolor Tattoo –
- Watercolor tattoos look pleasingly beautiful. There is no denying in that.
- They give a feel of an artistic painting. So if you like that you will love watercolor tattoos.
- They are the latest trend and if you are a person who loves to be trendy then this is the perfect choice for you.
CONS Of Watercolor Tattoo –
- They Age Badly. Like Real Bad. They do not stand the taste of time. They fade away and leaves a colored blob which is hard to understand.
- They are not easy to ink. I have seen many watercolor tattoos go wrong even from experienced artists.
Watercolor phoenix Tattoos
11. One advantage of watercolor tattoos is that they will not hurt and you can play around with any color of your choice. In fact i would suggest you to try a watercolor tattoo in white ink.
12. Whoa! This is an impressive watercolor tattoo of an elephant and flower on the shoulder of this girl.
13. Do not have a large size watercolor tattoo design because the color will fade away soon and the skin will look ugly.
14. Here is a beautiful giraffe watercolor tattoo on the forearm of this cute girl.
15. The tattoo artist made a beautiful watercolor cat tattoo but you can see the color is fading away so it is losing its look.
Watercolor Butterfly Tattoo
16. You do not need to have a complete tattoo using watercolors. You can use crayons to add outline to your tattoo.
17. Is that Hulk or is that Buffed up Green Lantern? I am unable to understand because the color has faded.
18. Here is how a watercolor tattoo should be. First have a real tattoo then color the boundaries with watercolor.
19. Most people want watercolor tattoos because they can add multiple colors to it. But trust me a black watercolor tattoo would look more majestic than a colorful tattoo.
20. From an artist point of view it is very hard to have a 3D watercolor tattoo but if you can find such artist then go for it.
Do Watercolor Tattoos Hurt More?
No, they Don’t. Many people think that watercolor tattoo requires a whole new setup with new machines. You are wrong. Watercolor tattoo follows the same style of tattooing as regular tattoos. They do not hurt more than normal tattoos.
Watercolor dreamcatcher Tattoos
21. Here is a small watercolor butterfly tattoo on the back neck of this cute girl. Don’t you think small wildlife tattoos are cute?
22. Here is why I suggest you to not use watercolor tattoos to write quotes or name or word – Because it will fade away.
23. This is unique watercolor tattoo design of a sea wave and ship.
24. The tattoo artist focused too much on shading the tattoo with dark watercolors. Use light watercolors as they suit every skin type.
25. If you have a simple tattoo design and it is fading away then you add some watercolors to it and it will come back to life again.
Watercolor Tree Tattoo
26. Bow down to this tattoo artist who made such amazing eye tattoo design. I am impressed.
27. Star and anchor tattoo design are popular among sailors. You can add watercolors to it to make them look more impressive.
28. Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland has several colorful characters. You can choose any character for your watercolor tattoo but none would look as impressive as Cheshire Cat.
29. Red Fox tattoos are rare to find. Such tattoos suit girls.
30. You can have matching watercolor tattoos like this. They will suit siblings specially brother sister.
Are Watercolor Tattoos Permanent?
If they are done using a tattoo machine then yes they are permanent. But if they are made using watercolor paint and brush then they are temporary. They can not be called exactly as tattoos. They will fade away overnight.
Watercolor skull Tattoos
31. Most people love to have a tattoo of their pet and trust me for such tattoos watercolor is best. If you don’t have a pet then try wing tattoos on back.
32. Here is a watercolor tattoo design on the thigh of this girl.
33. Watercolor tattoos can be confusing sometimes. For example, This watercolor tattoo make the quote unreadable.
34. Watercolor tattoo have very small age. They can last up to a week, given that you take a lot care of it.
35. Here is how a watercolor tattoo will look after time has passed (weeks).
Watercolor Feather Tattoo
36. You will find thousands of watercolor tattoo designs on site like tumblr and pinterest.
37. You can have a watercolor tattoo dedicated to your kid. This will be a cool idea.
38. Most beautiful watercolor tattoos are either of landscape or a beautiful nature scene.
39. I am not able to understand the technique used by the tattoo artist to craft this beautiful tattoo but I am impressed.
40. Instead of going for a universe tattoo or a tree tattoo design you can have a simple watercolor tattoo design like this.
Are Watercolor tattoos Expensive
The cost of a watercolor tattoo will depend on the size of the tattoo along with the sessions that it took to be completed. Black tattoos have carbon-based ink thus making it more expensive but watercolor tattoo uses the only base of pigments. They are not costly but still as not everyone can ink them, therefore, a tattoo artist might charge more from you.
Watercolor horse Tattoos
41. Here is a watercolor tattoo design on the bicep of this girl. This is inspired by harry potter tattoos. If you don’t like it then try a watercolor world map tattoo on arm.
42. Another example of matching watercolor tattoo design that features Jellyfish.
43. No, this is not a magician. It is inspired from Mad Hatter of Alice in Wonderland. Watercolor tattoo trend is considered as the most common tattoos to avoid.
44. You can have a name tattoo and color the background with Watercolor.
45. I don’t know what kind of weird symbol it is but such watercolor tattoo design would look unique and attractive.
Watercolor Star Tattoo
46. This temporary watercolor tattoos is made impressive with a beautiful quote added to it.
47. Here is how a fresh watercolor tattoo will look. Surely it will fade away after some time but for the time being, it looks good.
48. Hourglass tattoo will be ironical watercolor tattoo design. As they tattoo will fade away so it will suggest how time passes quickly.
49. Legs or calf are good place for watercolor tattoo because you can wear shorts and thus can take more care of the tattoo.
50. Here is a wave watercolor tattoo design on the chest of this guy.
watercolor flower tattoo
watercolor butterfly tattoo
watercolor rose tattoo
watercolor elephant tattoo
watercolor owl tattoo
watercolor tree tattoo
watercolor phoenix tattoo
watercolor hummingbird tattoo
watercolor feather tattoo
watercolor tattoo artists near me
watercolor tattoo ideas
watercolor wolf tattoo
watercolor heart tattoo
watercolor cat tattoo
watercolor tattoo artists
watercolor sunflower tattoo
watercolor tattoo flower
small watercolor tattoo
watercolor paw print tattoo
watercolor dragonfly tattoo
watercolor galaxy tattoo
phoenix watercolor tattoo
watercolor dragon tattoo
watercolor moon tattoo
watercolor cherry blossom tattoo
watercolor lotus tattoo
watercolor fox tattoo
watercolor lion tattoo
watercolor flowers tattoo
watercolor bird tattoo
watercolor tattoo sleeve
lion watercolor tattoo
watercolor tiger tattoo
watercolor arrow tattoo
watercolor compass tattoo
watercolor jellyfish tattoo
flower watercolor tattoo
watercolor dandelion tattoo
black watercolor tattoo
watercolor tattoo artist
aged watercolor tattoo
geometric watercolor tattoo
watercolor sleeve tattoo
watercolor tattoo fade
wolf watercolor tattoo
watercolor tattoo designs
watercolor dreamcatcher tattoo
watercolor mermaid tattoo
Which watercolor tattoo design you liked the most and why?