One reason why one-word tattoos are popular is that they do not cost much and also take very little time. You will find many ideas for one word tattoos on sites like Tumblr and Pinterest. But it is confusing and sometimes wastage of time to browse through thousands of pictures of tattoos. Here we have chosen 50 best one-word tattoos for our readers.
words tattooed on fingers
1. This is a unique and new one word that is inspired by the word Discography and Filmography. A sonography tattoo will suit both boys and girls. You can restyle it as origami tattoos design.
word tattoos on hands
2. Urdu is very popular language for one word tattoos. It is especially popular among Arab people. I think Arabic tattoos look beautiful because of Urdu.
3. The wrist is the best place for one word tattoos. It doesn’t matter if you are boy or girl. One word tattoo on the wrist will suit both genders.
4. Believe is one such strong word that it actually increases your faith and hope in yourself. Ink this beautiful word on your body and you will not regret the decision.
5. Many times you will find word tattoos that have a word of other language written in English. Here is a picture of one such beautiful example.
6. If you are a devoted Christian then I would recommend you to have a religious one-word tattoo. Blessed is a cool word for this.
7. The hand is a big place for one word. That is why you can have a design along you’re your word inked on your hand. Look at this photo for example.
8. The forearm is another good option for a one-word tattoo. I find the word ‘Breath’ to be funny because this is the most obvious thing that us human being do to stay alive.
9. If you have huge biceps like this guy then the best option is to have the name of your loved one inked on it.
10. You can also have your own first name inked on your body but it will look weird.You can check the list of most popular words too.
11. You should choose one single word for your tattoo but that word should be meaningful to you. If it is a really meaningful word then you can also add small owl tattoos to it to show your intelligence.
12. Another good idea for a one-word tattoo is to have matching one-word tattoos. For example here the girl is having the word ‘Fighting’ on her wrist and the boy is having ‘Birds’ inked on his wrist.
13. You can also have name of your baby son or baby daughter inked on your body.
14. Fear is not a strong word alone and it will not make a good one-word tattoo. But you can have two-word tattoos and the other word could be ‘Yourself’.
15. Hope is one of the most popular one-word tattoos. I suggest you have a Spanish version of hope inked on your body as it will look amazing.
16. Familia is a Spanish word and its meaning is Family. I think this is a very important word and that is why it deserves to be in large font.
17. Although it will be painful behind the ear is a good option to have a one-word tattoo. Ironically this girl has ‘Strong’ word inked behind the ear.
18. This tattoo artist played with the one word and made it look like a memorial tattoo.
19. Japanese and Chinese are two popular languages for one word tattoos because of their unique symbols.
20. If you do not want to have a one-word tattoo but want a cool font tattoo then you can opt for name initial tattoo just like this boy.
21. One smart idea would be to have a one-word tattoo on your finger just like this lady. You can also have it on the palm but it won’t be a great palm tattoo idea.
22. Who is the most important person to you? Ink that person’s name on your wrist.
23. You can have the name of your birth month inked on your hand or forearm.
24. Choosing the font of your one-word tattoo is as important as the word itself. Make sure the font is not confusing and the word is clearly visible.
25. One word tattoos are popular among couples as well. You have to opt for matching one word tattoos for that.
26. Many tattoo artists create a one-word tattoo which is not just one single word but a line or a popular quote. Here is an example
27. Don’t make the Johnny Depp mistake. If you want to have the name of your loved one as a tattoo then make sure he/she is going to stay in your life forever.
28. A unique One-word tattoo idea would be to have scientific synonyms or symbols inked on your wrist. For example, this guy has ‘Fe’ inked on his wrist which is the element symbol of Iron in chemistry.
29. The rib cage is not a good place for one-word tattoos because there are very good chances that you want to show that tattoo to your loved ones. You don’t want to keep posing like this guy to every other person.
30. Behind the neck and on the back are mediocre body parts for One-word tattoos. If you have a motivational one-word tattoo on your body then make sure it is visible to you too.
31. Most tattoo artist use cool scripts and fonts for word tattoos but many of them are confusing. You can try a one word tattoo in the shape of panther head tattoos.
32. A unique one-word tattoo design would be to have 3D one-word tattoo. This guy tried to have 3D one-word tattoo on the bicep.
33. I will say it again that you should choose your one word wisely because you are sending a message with that word. Here is a beautiful one-word tattoo on the foot of this girl.
34. Lucky is not a unique word but if you focus on the calligraphy then it will surely result in a cool tattoo design. Here is a one-word tattoo on the lower back of this girl.
35. Apart from Spanish, French and Sanskrit are also popular for one-word tattoos. Here is a one-word tattoo on the side of this woman.
36. Neck is second best place after hands for one word tattoos. Here is ‘Confidence’ tattoo on the neck of this popular female celebrity.
37. Meraki is a Greek word and it means that you have put your soul into someone or something. This will obviously make a romantic one-word tattoo.
38. Ohana means family in Hawaiian. As I said earlier don’t go for English to choose your native language and you will have an amazing one-word tattoo.
39. Ask your tattoo artist to use two different color inks for your tattoo. Black and White tattoos are more popular than colorful tattoos.
40. You can also have the name of your country inked on your hands. Most countries name are of one or two words.
41. Harry Potter gave many unique words and one among them is Obliviate. It means ‘To Forget’. You can have harry potter quotes or spells inked on your arm too. It doesn’t have to be permanent try them as pastel goth tattoos.
42. Karma is a Sanskrit word which is now used in Hindi language. This word is popular among English speaking people too.
43. When you want to have a one-word tattoo on your forearm then decide whether you want to see the word or you want the other people to see it easily?
44. You can also ink your deep emotional state as one word on your arm or bicep.
45. Most girls love to have small one word tattoos on their body and here is a beautiful example of it.
46. German is one tough language not because it is difficult to learn but because it has words that are difficult to pronounce and spell.
47. A common practice among tattoo artists is to make the initial letter of the word large and the other words comparatively smaller and sometimes almost invisible.
48. One simple idea for one word tattoo is to have all the letters in the one word to have same height and weightage.
49. Italian words are not popular like Spanish or Sanskrit but still there are many cool Italian words like Amore.
50. Thigh is an attractive body part to have one word tattoo specially for females.