Viking tattoos are popular because Viking left a mark in history. Both men and women love to have Viking tattoo on their body. Viking traveled half of the world in 8,9, 10 and 11 century. They conquered most of Europe and eastern countries. Here are 50 amazing Viking tattoos designs and ideas –
norse symbols and their meanings
viking ship tattoo designs
1. Viking used to speak old Norse language so it would be good if you can add up a Norse text in your Viking tattoo.
viking tattoo designs traditional
viking symbol for brother
2. Viking Sleeve tattoos are very popular but only few people suggest a Viking girl tattoo on sleeves. I recommend such Viking inspired tattoo.
viking symbols and meanings
ancient german symbols and meanings
3. Among various Viking helmet designs one popular was inspired from crow or raven. You can have a Viking helmet tattoo.
viking symbol tattoos and meanings
norse rune for love
4. Have you seen the Vikings TV series on History channel? Here is a calf tattoos inspired from the Vikings TV series.
viking strength symbol tattoos
norse symbols for strength
5. Unlike Chinese mythology, Viking never believed in Dragons. So it would be a killer tattoo if you add a Viking warrior with a dragon.
viking tribal tattoos designs
norwegian symbol for family
6. Viking God tattoos are common. Loki is among the favorites for such tattoo designs.
viking symbols tattoos and meanings
viking symbols of protection
7. Most Viking warriors were well built and even in their 60s they looked fearsome and raged. Here is an amazing Viking portrait tattoo.
viking norse tattoo designs
eye of odin symbol
8. Only a good tattoo artist can distinguish between a Viking god and Viking warrior. Here is a Viking god tattoo on hand with blue eyes.
small viking symbol tattoos
celtic runes and meanings
9. Viking tattoos should be meant to just look cool. In fact, they should represent the fearful nature of a Viking warrior as shown in this tattoo picture.
nordic symbols and meanings
viking rune for strength
10. As Viking were always on the war so it was obvious that they lose someone near and dear in every war. You can have a sad Viking warrior tattoo on your chest. You can read more about the rich history of viking tribe.
11. Crows mystifies the Viking saga so if you want to add any animal with your Viking warrior then add crow or raven.
12. Viking goddess tattoos are equally popular as Viking god and warrior tattoos. Here is an animated Viking goddess tattoo.
13. This Viking tattoo suggest that Viking were soul less people who were always ready for fight or war
14. I am very much impressed by the detailing of the facial hair of this Viking warrior tattoo.
15. Here is a tattoo inspired from a Viking stencil drawing.
Viking Sleeve Tattoo
16. This Viking art tattoo will look amazing on part of body (I would prefer chest though).
17. Viking travelled a lot in the 9th century and that is why ship plays an important role in their mythology.
18. You will hardly see any Viking warrior tattoo without a helmet. Those determined eyes behind the helmet surely send shivers down the spine.
19. The beauty of this Viking tattoo lies in the fact that the sea is not shown as peaceful and calm. The deadly seas claimed the lives of thousands of Viking during that era.
20. I do not know why this Viking art tattoo is designed like that but if you want a temporary Viking tattoo then this will work fine.
Traditional Viking Tattoos
21. Most Viking warrior tattoo focus on the face of the warrior, here is full length portrait tattoo of a Viking warrior with axe in hand.
22. You can have a simple helmet tattoo inspired from the Viking culture.
23. I would not suggest using two or more Viking in the same tattoo design as it will not look cool.
24. Viking goddesses were beautiful and this Viking goddess tattoo clearly shows their ageless beauty.
25. You can have a tattoo inspired by Viking paintings and you can find a lot of such paintings on Tumblr, Pinterest, and other online websites.
Viking Ship Tattoo
26. Another rare tattoo inspired from Viking culture is the axe tattoo. You can have a sole axe tattoo on your arm or calf.
27. Viking tattoo are mostly inked on legs or thighs because these body parts have more area.
28. An angry Viking warrior tattoo is hard to find but you can have it for some time (It will not look good permanent).
29. Crossbows were also major weapon of Viking warriors and you can have a crossbow tattoo too.
30. I would not suggest you have a full-size Viking tattoo on the chest but if you opt for one then have it of Viking god or goddess.
Viking Symbols Tattoos
31. Knuckle tattoos are not so common and it is hard to find a Viking knuckle tattoo. Here is a good idea for that.
32. Viking tattoos will look even more majestic with motivational quotes.
33. Apart from legs, shoulder and upper arm are also popular body part for Viking tattoos.
34. I do not know why this Viking warrior has a third eye on his forehead. If you know about any story then please share it in a comment.
35. Here is a Viking tattoo on upper arm of this young boy.
Viking Raven Tattoo Designs
36. A warrior is no warrior if he does not have any injury or war mark on his body. Here is one-eyed Viking warrior tattoo.
37. This Viking warrior has two raven and I would suggest you to use only one raven
38. Viking usually does not tie up their hairs but you can have one such Viking tattoo where the hair of the Viking warrior is tied.
39. Here is a super cool Viking warrior with helmet on the shoulder of this boy.
40. If you want a full sleeve Viking tattoo then you should add other objects from the Viking mythology too to the tattoo.
Historical Viking Tattoo
41. Viking tribal tattoo are not so common because most tattoo artist consider Viking tattoos to be too beautiful than a tribal tattoo.
42. Apart from raven, lion is another popular animal that you can add to your Viking tattoo.
43. This Viking skull tattoo design would look ever more beautiful with color. You can add blue color to the eyes.
44. You can add an eagle too to your Viking tattoo. Several people like to have Viking piercings on their body.
45. Authentic Viking ghost tattoos are not meant for strength they are meant to be as memorial tattoo.
Viking Compass Tattoo Ideas
46. Viking mask tattoo looks amazing too. Do not given a pin up look to your Viking themed tattoo.
47. People add wolf or Valkyrie to their Viking tattoo because they look amazing on both boys and girls.
48. Viking king tattoos are hard to differentiate from Viking warrior so you need to give them a unique look.
49. This Viking Nordic tattoo design on the full back of this boy looks wonderful.
50. You can have Viking outline on your body too but don’t have it on full back or full chest.