Owl tattoos have been part of many ancient civilizations around the globe. Almost all ancient civilizations considered owl to be a bird of wisdom and knowledge. But they also considered it as a bad omen and a messenger of death. The owl is a night bird and this is the reason why it was linked with death. Many civilizations were scared of it. People opt for owl tattoos because either they won’t have a meaningful tattoo related to knowledge and wisdom or wish to have a mysterious and scary tattoo design. Here we included 50 owl tattoos designs for men and women-
Small Owl Tattoos
1. You can use vibrant colors like orange and red to give your owl tattoo design a more mystic and impressive look.
2. Owl sleeve tattoo design are not much advised because they will get mixed up into a lot of detailing thereby reducing the overall impression.
3. If you want a temporary owl tattoo design then your best option is to either have a watercolor owl tattoo or a pastel owl tattoo design like this.
4. If you want to show an owl of wisdom then you should surely focus on the eyes of the owl and also the shape should be a bit chubby like this.
5. Instead of opting for an @dult owl tattoo you can also try a baby owl tattoo like this. It will represent wisdom and cuteness.
Owl Watercolor Tattoo
6. Girls can also add a sugar candy skull tattoo design to their owl tattoo to give it more feminine look.
7. Owl tattoos are a good choice for double exposure experiment. Here is a double exposure owl tattoo that shows an owl silhouette and a man looking at the night sky.
8. You can add a weapon to your owl tattoo design (like sword or dagger) to show that you are not only knowledge seeker but also believe in strength.
9. If you opt for a realistic owl tattoo design then please have a complete owl or otherwise it will look something like this.
10. Instead of showing the complete bird you can also go for an owl face tattoo design that will focus mainly on its facial expressions. Read about these interesting owl facts here.
Girly Owl Tattoos
11. Here is an animated owl tattoo design on the upper arm of this girl. For some reason the artist decided to give galaxy like look on the stomach.
12. If you want to give a mysterious or even scary look to your owl tattoo then you should probably get its eyes tattooed pure black.
13. There are various tribal representations too of owl tattoos. Here is one amazing tribal owl tattoo design.
14. Like most bird tattoos, owl tattoos too can be done using geometric shapes. Here is one geometric owl tattoo made up of squares, polygons and circles.
15. I don’t think it’s a cool idea to have an owl close up tattoo like this. However many people admire such designs.
Owl and Skull Tattoos
16. Here is an owl tattoo design with a clock and a stairway to heaven tattoo. This probably means that one should use his/her time carefully.
17. You can give emo luck to your owl tattoo design and for this, you have to make its eyes of certain color. Also, you have to add a heart.
18. Owl is furry bird so it is not easy to design. I would recommend you to find an experienced tattoo artist for this.
19. Owl tattoos are not ideal cover up tattoos but some people still use them as cover up tattoos with other designs.
20. For a fading away owl tattoo design, I would recommend using watercolors as they will make the tattoo look lively again.
Simple Owl Tattoos
21. Instead of trying a real looking owl tattoo design you can go childish and try a design like this.
22. You can also add quote to your owl tattoo design and I would advise you to add something knowledge worthy.
23. An owl tattoo design on chest is not much recommended but if the artist can come up with a majestic design like this then go for it.
24. You can also have an owl tattoo in blackwork style where the artist will use solid thick black outlines to draw an owl tattoo.
25. This owl tattoo design seems to be inspired from the Nun ghost of The Conjuring 2. What do you think?
Geometric Owl Tattoo
26. Owls usually have brown eyes and if you opt for a realistic owl tattoo design then you should keep that in mind.
27. You can have an owl tattoo design in the style of bracelet. For example, this owl tattoo on the forearm of this guy is perfectly inked like a bracelet.
28. An owl sleeve tattoo like this will look amazing if you use it during Halloween or any other scary event.
29. You can add an aura or halo around your owl tattoo design to give it a religious look.
30. Owl tattoos can also be accompanied by other designs like flower tattoos or girl portrait tattoos.
Snowy Owl Tattoos
31. The artist added long and pointy paw nails to this owl tattoo design to represent danger and fear.
32. Owl are considered bad omen in many cultures while dreamcatcher are considered good omen. So a mix up tattoo of both would probably nullify the luck factor.
33. If you opt for such owl tattoo design where the stomach is shown using dots then let me tell you that it will be very painful ,
34. You can opt for an old looking owl tattoo as it will knowledge and experienced gained over time.
35. If you want to try a scary owl tattoo then give no facial expression to it and surely kids will get scared of it.
Traditional Owl Tattoo
36. Couples can have a matching owl tattoo design. Here is one example where the small owl tattoo is shown like a lock.
37. An owl tattoo design can be made even more impressive by adding a skull tattoo design to it like this.
38. This owl tattoo design seems to be inspired from Game Of Thrones where the artist made a three-eyed owl (referring to three-eyed ravens) and use the quote of House Greyjoy.
39. Owl is related to black magic too. If you do not believe in god then owl tattoo could easily represent that.
40. This owl tattoo design has three designs – One is the owl tattoo itself, other is the skull tattoo and the third is the spider legs shown in the background.
Owl Arm Tattoos
41. Owl’s eyes were believed to be hypnotizing in many cultures. You can show that in your tattoo design by making dark circles around eyes.
42. Here is an owl tattoo design on the shoulder of this guy that is inspired from the Aztec representation of owls.
43. Owl tattoo design on back is cool idea but a huge owl face portrait tattoo like this might not be liked by many.
44. The wingspan of the owl is more than its body size and if you wish to show it then have it on a larger part of the body like chest or back.
45. Here is a simple owl tattoo design that is tattooed in the style of Yin and Yang tattoos.
Barn Owl Tattoo
46. If you have an owl tattoo design on the neck then do not add any other tattoo design around it or otherwise, it will look ugly.
47. I am not able to understand the shape of this owl tattoo but I admired it due to just one eye shown in it.
48. Do not add flying birds around your owl tattoo design because they will distract the viewers from the original tattoo.
49. Here the artist cleverly added a skull an anchor and a key to an owl tattoo design.
50. Siblings can have matching owl tattoo designs and for this I will prefer the owls shown in Harry potter movies.
american traditional owl tattoos
owl tattoos on wrist
black and white owl tattoos
owl and clock tattoos
owl tattoos on chest
owl and tree tattoos
small owl tattoos on wrist
owl tattoos on thigh
cute small owl tattoos
best friend owl tattoos
meaning of owl tattoos
the meaning of owl tattoos
sailor jerry owl tattoos
meaning behind owl tattoos
significance of owl tattoos
cute little owl tattoos
what do owl tattoos represent
small owl tattoos for women
big eyed owl tattoos
cute baby owl tattoos
what is the meaning of owl tattoos
owl tattoos on forearm
black and grey owl tattoos
owl tattoos black and white
small owl wrist tattoos
cute girly owl tattoos
neo traditional owl tattoos
mother daughter owl tattoos
what do owl tattoos symbolize
owl tattoos for girl
So which owl tattoo design you liked the most?