Animal tattoos are very popular among masses. Bear tattoos have their own fan following because many sports teams, states, schools, colleges, and universities have a bear as their logo. So people opt for the bear logo tattoo. Many other options for bear tattoos because of their love and attraction for the animal. Bear tattoos have a really good meaning. They represent a fighting spirit, an attitude of never back down and a desire to come out as a winner in any circumstances. Bear tattoos are considered manly but girls too opt for them. Here are 50 bear tattoos designs for men and women-
Teddy Bear Tattoos
1. This bear tattoo has the face of a bear but the body of a masculine ape or human. Such tattoo design will perfectly suit girls.
2. It is hard to show an angry grizzly bear tattoo on body parts like calf or forearm but if you have thick forearms or calves then go for it and choose the golden color for it.
3. Here the artist beautifully inked a polar bear tattoo design on the back shoulder of this girl. The artist added a flower vine and nut too which is one of the favorite food of bear cubs.
4. Even though people prefer to bear face tattoos on forearms but a good option can be full bear tattoos. If you wish to show an angry bear then you can add red color in the background to add a strong effect in it.
5. Lion Is the King of the Jungle but if the bear is your spirit animals then why not place the king crown on his head. Here is a King Bear tattoo design on the forearm of this guy that seems to be inspired from Disney cartoons.
meaningful legend of zelda tattoos
Grizzly Bear Tattoos
6. Bear is the official logo of the State of California. If you wish to spread a social awareness message then this double exposure bear tattoo s perfect for. It shows trees that give the impression of a walking bear thus suggesting wildlife conservation.
7. You can base your bear tattoo on ancient cave paintings and drawings. This tattoo design perfectly shows how ancient cave paintings of the bear were.
8. If you wish to have a small size bear tattoo then one of the best designs you can opt for is the Studio Ghibli logo. There is much Japanese anime that have bears; you can try them as tattoos.
9. Girls can have bear tattoos with flower tattoos too but do not opt for such design where the flower tattoos confuse as parts of the bear body. Like, are those petals of flowers or Legs of bear?
10. When you opt for angry bear tattoos then do remember that most angry bear tattoos are facing upwards and it is not necessary to show both of their eyes. There are many bear species that you may not know about.
garter belt tattoo meaning
Polar Bear Tattoos
11. I don’t know why the artist added a longitude-latitude location in this tattoo but I liked the way the artist used the negative shades to ink out a white bear with a jungle in the background.
12. You can also try a bear tattoo design inked using geometrical shapes and figures. Such tattoos always stand out from other tattoos. But there is no need to add deer stag to the head of a bear.
13. Many time cartoons show a resemblance between bears and mouse. If you try a small size animated bear tattoo then make it different from a mouse tattoo.
14. One problem with bear outline tattoos is that you cannot show a hairy bear easily. If the tattoo artist is not experienced then you might end up with a poor bear tattoo that looks more like a dog.
15. This is a brilliant bear tattoo design on the wrist of this guy that is inked using the dot work art of tattoo. It is surely very painful but the result is amazingly beautiful.
Baby Bear Tattoos
16. You can also opt for traditional bear tattoo design which will use solid colors. Also, you have to show huge mustache of the bear in such tattoos.
17. Here is another interesting state of California bear tattoo design that also shows pine trees and birds. What impresses me more is that it is done using the dot work technique.
18. . Many people opt for large size grizzly bear or polar bear tattoos but Asian black bear or moon bear tattoos will be a good option too. Here is an Asian bear tattoo made using geometric shapes.
19. Men who are in navy should opt for old bear tattoos. Here is an old looking angry bear tattoo on the bicep of this guy.
20. If you wish to make your bear tattoo design cute then you have to focus on the eyes of the bear. For example, this tattoo of the bear is looking adorable and pretty due to the eyes.
Panda Bear Tattoos
21. Even though a full size geometrical bear tattoo will look confusing to many yet it is worth trying for those who are looking for unique tattoos.
22. Another cool bear tattoo design would be to opt for blackwork bear tattoo where the whole tattoo is inked using solid black and thick ink.
23. If you are from the state of California then a very suitable bear tattoo for you would be to show the beautiful landscapes of California in the bear logo tattoo.
24. This bear and mountain tattoo is smartly done because it shows the white bear in it. Polar bear exists on north pole only but such tattoos are worth trying.
25. Before there were double exposure tattoos people used to opt for traditional bear tattoos that used the old school formula of showing landscapes inside a mirror like this.
Bear Paw Tattoos
26. This jaw-dropping double exposure bear tattoo is one in a million. The artist cleverly showed wolves, mountains and even planets and stars inside this bear tattoo.
27. A unique bear tattoo idea would be to show the bear in traditional warrior uniform. Here is a bear tattoo holding shield and wearing bow and arrows.
28. This amazing tribal bear tattoo gives two wonderful ideas. You can either opt for a tribal bear claw tattoo design or a bear head tattoo or maybe both like this.
29. Girls can opt for female bear tattoos and for this they have to show the bear with beautiful brown eyes just like this.
30. The shape of this minimal bear tattoo can be a improved a lot but otherwise it is a good small size bear tattoo idea.
31. Personally I would not recommend you showing a running bear as it will not give good impression to viewers.
32. If you opt for a double exposure bear tattoo and wish to show mountain inside it then please don’t make to the mount of the hill go outside the bear tattoo.
33. The anger of this bear tattoo is brilliantly showed as the artist showed the flames of fire inside its eyes. You can look closer in the design.
34. Here is an origami bear tattoo on the forearm of this lady. Sisters can have matching animal tattoos and it is best if they are done in origami style.
35. If any of your nature related tattoo starts fading away then you can add a small animal tattoo such as bear tattoo to it to give it a new and fresh look.
36. Bears can be a really good cover up tattoos and for this, you have to opt for either a large size grizzly bear tattoo or a black bear tattoo.
37. Instead of trying a geometrical bear tattoo you can try the old school method of adding an animal tattoo inside a geometrical shape like this.
38. Bears do not howl like wolves but it is fun to play with the mind of people. You can have a howling bear tattoo and let people keep guessing about its meaning.
39. I would recommend a large size colorful bear face tattoo but if you opt for a black and grey bear outline tattoo then make the bear hairy.
40. If you wish to have a bear tattoo on stomach or rib cage then a standing bear tattoo would look better than a bear face tattoo.
41. Skull tattoos are often added to other boys tattoos to give the tattoo a manly look. You can have a combo of bear and skull tattoo design like this.
42. You can have a temporary watercolour bear tattoo design like this. It will fade away within week.
43. This neo-tribal bear tattoo design on the ankle of this boy surely has a deep meaning that I am unable to understand.
44. Instead of trying a real bear tattoo design you can also opt for a teddy bear tattoo design. It is perfect choice for young girls.
45. Here is another neo tribal bear tattoo design which is made unique by adding a flying bird to its head.
46. You can opt for a bear family tattoos design where mummy bear and papa bear are shown with their bear cubs.
47. If you ever opted for a geometrical bear face tattoo then you can restyle it by adding a real looking bear body just below it.
48. You can base you bear tattoo design on famous bear characters in movies and TV shows. One very popular idea is Baloo Bear tattoo from The Jungle Book series.
49. This blue bear tattoo design seems to be inspired from the famous animated cartoon The Pink panther.
50. You will find many interesting bear sketches on Tumblr, Pinterest and deviantart so don’t forget to check them out too.
Which bear tattoo from the above photo gallery you liked the most?