Lower back tattoos were once considered trashy but times have changed and now both men and women look to have tattoos near the waist line. Many people didn’t opted for lower back tattoos because they were visible to the world but not to themselves. However, this turned into a benefit as many people took it as a $exiness symbol. You will see a lot of women and girls getting tattooed on lower back. Here we have chosen 50 lovely lower back tattoos for women –
Lower Back Tattoos Ideas and Designs
1. The most common lower back tattoo idea that you will get is to have an across tattoo design. The best you can do is raise awareness through these visible tattoos. Here is a lower back tattoo that features cancer ribbon.
2. Another cool lower back tattoo idea is to have a flower tattoo design. Let it extend to the upper side as it will look beautiful in such style.
3. If you do not want to have a tattoo that covers the whole lower back then I would advise you to try a simple tattoo design on one side. For example here is a colourful bicycle tattoo on the side of lower back.
4. Many girls like to have scorpion tattoo designs on their body. For such tattoos the two best body parts are wrist and lower back.
5. The artist beautifully tattooed a heart tattoo design on the lower back of this girl. The beauty of this tattoo design is that it multiple style of heart tattoos.
6. You can also try a compass tattoo design on your lower back but be sure that the niddle is pointing towards the right direction.
7. Religious tattoos look good on chest or back but some girls prefer to have cross tattoos on lower back. Here is a beautiful cross tattoo design on lower back.
8. Couples can try matching lower back tattoo design and the best option is to try king and queen crown tattoos. Here is a queen crown tattoo with angel wings on the lower back of this woman.
9. If you ever wished for a fairy tattoo then let me tell you it will look most attractive on lower back. This is a tinker bell tattoo on the lower back of this lady.
10. Disney inspired tattoos are quiet popular among woman so if you wish to have a Disney tattoo then consider getting it on the lower back just like this Bambi Deer tattoo.
11. Angel wings are popular tattoo design on the back shoulder (for both boys and girls). But if you want devil wings tattoo then lower back is a good choice for them.
12. You can also have a temporary lower back tattoo and for this the best choice are watercolour tattoos or pastel tattoos like this watercolour whale tattoo design.
13. Tribal patterns look beautiful on almost every part of body. Here is a tribal eagle tattoo design on the lower back of this girl.
14. You can have a lower back tattoo dedicated to your family. For example this lady got tattooed with an elephant family and it looks adorable.
15. Many people prefer to have eye tattoos and artist suggest them to get it tattooed on the lower back just like this.
16. Butterfly tattoos are very popular choice among girls so why not have a butterfly tattoo on the lower back?
17. You can also have a realistic flower tattoo design on lower back and even better you can try a flower vine tattoo.
18. Another popular choice is to have lower back quote tattoos but make sure you choose a readable font and proper positioning.
19. Instead of trying a popular quote for lower back tattoo you can opt for a flirty message or a funny one liner on your lower back.
20. Guns and Roses tattoo were made extremely popular by the band of same name. So here is a gun n roses tattoo design on lower back that is not trashy at all.
21. Is it a hand tattoo design or what? I am unable to understand the meaning of this tattoo design so comment about it below.
22. While I often prefer to have large size dragon tattoos but it is also possible to have a medium size dragon tattoo design on lower back like this.
23. Is it a modified tattoo of Nibbler (from the Futurama TV series) or Is it any other popular character? I think it is one of the cutest lower back tattoo designs.
24. You can also try fish tattoo design on lower back. I would recommend two fish tattoos on the ends of lower back.
25. Here is another cancer ribbon tattoo design on lower back that is inserted in the word ‘Love’.
26. Another cool lower back tattoo idea is the ribbon or lace tattoo. It will look even more beautiful if it is colored in pink or brownish color.
27. This is a modification of angel wings tattoo on lower back. The artist added tribal pattern to this angel wings tattoo making it more attractive.
28. This is a very unique tattoo design and it will suit on any part of body not just lower back. The artist followed the Hinduism concept of life, human and universe to make this tattoo.
29. Symmetrical tattoos are worth trying on lower back this is because lower back provides the perfect space and flatness for symmetrical tattoos like this.
30. The Hindu word OM is considered to be very powerful and sacred. You can add the word OM to your lower back tattoo design too.
31. Another popular choice for temporary lower back tattoos is to use mehandi or henna designs like this.
32. There are many flowers that you can pick up for your lower back tattoos but the most recommended are Cherry blossom or Chrysanthemum.
33. A good benefit of lower back tattoos is that you can give try to weird and odd tattoos and still you won’t regret them. This is because you can hide them whenever you want to.
34. In my opinion lower back tattoos are best to raise awareness so you should try tattoos that send social messages like this global warming tattoo design.
35. Couples can opt for sun and moon matching tattoo design on lower back too. Here is a pretty sun and moon tattoo design on lower back.
36. If you wish to have bird tattoo design on lower back then I would advise to try realistic bird tattoos because lower back provide enough space to carry such tattoos.
37. Lower back tattoos that stretch out wide are better than elongated lower back tattoos. Here this tribal dragon tattoo on lower back proves my point.
38. Never ever have lower back tattoos in one straight line. It is way much better to go in a V shape in lower back tattoos.
39. Tree tattoos look good either on chest or on lower back. Girls should try them on lower back only.
40. Personally I won’t suggest you to opt for skull tattoos on lower back but many people liked this idea so here is a design to consider.
41. There is no benefit of opting for a small, tiny tattoo on lower back because this place is meant for large tattoos only. Still if you wish to then have it on the edge of lower back like this.
42. This is a simple star tattoo design on lower back but I would highly recommend you to try a galaxy or a realistic star system tattoo design on lower back with full colors.
43. Candy skull tattoos are often demanded by girls so I would suggest them to try it on lower back like this.
44. This pocket watch tattoo design on lower back can be improved a lot but I chose it to tell you that memorial tattoos don’t look good on lower back.
45. Here is another impressive tree tattoo design on lower back but what I liked most about it is the alignment.
46. If your lower back tattoo design starts fading away then use watercolour or pastel color to ink it again like this.
47. There are many tribal drawings and sketches available on sites like pinterest, tumblr and deviantart. You can choose your lower back tribal tattoo from them.
48. Ship tattoos are rarely opted. If you opt for one then have it on lower back because large size ship can only be afforded by lower back.
49. If you wish to have cover up tattoos on lower back then the best choice is to try tribal tattoos because they can blend in with any type of scar.
50. Instead of trying a wide tattoo on lower back you can try a medium sized lower back tattoo like this. Here is a patriotic tattoo design with angel wings.
Which lower back tattoo design from the above photo gallery you would love to have on yourself?