Dagger is used take life so a dagger tattoo is obviously symbolic to sacrifice and bravery. However, there are even more meanings of dagger tattoos when they are combined with other designs. Usually people do not try just dagger tattoo but in fact a combination of another tattoo with the dagger. Most common combinations are dagger rose, dagger snake and dagger blood tattoo.
People also don’t try simple dagger tattoos but rather opt for traditional dagger tattoos. This is because they look much better than simple tattoos of the dagger.
Here we have selected 50 plus dagger tattoos that can be tried by both men and women –
Dagger Tattoo Ideas
1. If you show a dagger tattoo that seems to be piercing your skin then it would mean that you have tendencies to hurt yourself as you cannot control your anger.
2. Many people who failed in love try dagger tattoo piercing hearts. Here this guy pierced the dagger in two hearts implying that he failed twice in his love life.
3. You can have a stylish dagger tattoo design and my favourite pick would be the Japanese daggers. You can see for yourself about how stylish they look?
4. Roman god Mercury is often shown with a dagger and a serpent across it. The artist added a two faced snake (with the other face being that of a shark) to this dagger tattoo.
5. If you show a dagger piercing a flower (especially rose) then it would mean that you accept life is no bed of roses and one have to pay price to be successful.
6. I have particularly liked this black and grey representation of dagger rose tattoo which simply implies life should be taken seriously.
7. If you show spilling blood from your dagger tattoo then it would show how you appreciate the sacrifices of our army men in war.
8. One unique idea is to show a dagger piercing head of a dangerous animal like lion, panther or tiger. This would mean that you are not afraid to accept challenges and go on risky adventures.
9. Another unique idea is to try a dagger butterfly tattoo. Butterfly represent struggle while dagger represent sacrifice. So it would simply mean that you are a hardworking person.
10. You can also go for a dagger eye tattoo design. This would mean that whatever you do god is watching you.
Dagger Tattoo Designs
11. You can show a snake shaped shaft in your dagger tattoo. The snake would represent poison. The tattoo would mean that you are tired of your habits that harm you only.
12. If you show a dagger piercing a coffin then it would mean that a feud with you might turn into a deadly war for generations.
13. A cool idea would be to try diamond dagger tattoo. This would mean that anything that is beautiful in looks can also be dangerous and deadly.
14. The artist showed skull in the eye hole of this skull dagger tattoo. This tattoo represents death in war and bravery.
15. You can also try Arabian style dagger tattoo. It may mean that you are after a treasure or luck.
16. Here is a really beautiful traditional dagger tattoo on the forearm of this guy. The artist perfectly blended it with a mandala tattoo.
17. The most unique placement for dagger tattoo would right between the chest pecks (for men). WWE wrestler and former MMA star Brock Lesnar too have it.
18. If you show a shaft that is removed from its dagger then it would mean that you do not wish to harm your enemies but in extreme situations you can be dangerous.
19. Here the artist showed a dagger between two skull tattoos that are supposed to be lovers. This means that the lovers got separated due to some dispute.
20. Don’t think that small dagger tattoos won’t look adorable. This small dagger tattoo on the finger of this woman looks amazing.
Dagger Tattoos For Men
21. Sailors or navy men can try dagger tattoo where the dagger is being constrict by a rope.
22. You can show dagger and rose tattoo on separate (but symmetrical) body parts. Here is one design that you can try.
23. The artist added a beautiful quote ‘Amor de Madre’ (Mother’s love) in this dagger heart tattoo. Obviously a mother sacrifices a lot for her kids.
24. Another modification of snake dagger tattoo that you can try is by showing the dagger piercing the snake head. It would mean that you can identify the poisonous people in your life and remove them.
25. Another unique placement that you can try is behind the ear. A small dagger tattoo behind the ear would look impressive.
26. You can try tattoo of a dagger that is actually based on ancient dagger styles. Here is one that you can consider.
27. While I admire colourful dagger tattoos but black and white dagger tattoos also look beautiful.
28. A dagger snake tattoo would look incomplete without the addition of venomous teeth. Don’t forget to show teeth to it.
29. As dagger tattoos are based on traditional designs so a cool idea would be to try one that is based on 1930s art.
30. A Bent knife or dagger like this would mean that you are a person who don’t jump to conclusions quickly.
Dagger Tattoos For Women
31. A dagger key tattoo is very unique and hardly tried. It is based on the Harry potter universe. This tattoo means that you can only unlock success after paying a certain sacrifice.
32. You can show blood in your dagger rose tattoo design. This would mean that you are successful in life but you sacrificed a lot.
33. If you are fan of mortal kombat or tekken video game then you can try a dagger tattoo that is based on the above mentioned games.
34. Dagger was one of the favourite weapons of samurais. You can show a samurai in your tattoo of dagger like this.
35. I don’t think it would be a cool idea to show so much pierced skin in your dagger tattoo but still many try it.
36. You can add a lock to your tattoo of dagger. It will mean that you know a secret and you can do anything to protect it.
37. While adding angry python or tiger or any other animal with tattoo of dagger is common yet you can make it unique by adding the paw print to it.
38. You can have a bigger tattoo which uses a small tattoo of dagger just like this.
39. A tattoo of dagger with pointed edge and zig zag shape has a deep meaning too. It shows that not only you know how to achieve your target but also pave way for others.
40. If you wish to try a dagger and bird tattoo then choose your bird wisely. An eagle or hawk would be a good choice.
Traditional Dagger Tattoos
41. You can add a goat with huge horns to your tattoo of dagger. The goat would represent Lucifer or satan and thus it would mean that you criticize evil.
42. Most people do not show the animal dead in their dagger animal tattoos but I think it would be lot cooler if you show them dead.
43. You can also try a dagger tattoo that is based on ancient armours just like this.
44. If you show a dagger rose tattoo then it would be even cooler if you show a petal of rose falling from it.
45. Choosing right colors is very important in traditional dagger tattoo designs. So choose them wisely.
46. You can make your dagger skull tattoo even better by showing fire flames around the skull. The fire flames would represent the evil spirits coming out from the skull.
47. Couples can have matching dagger tattoos. Here is one design that I liked.
48. As there are many snake species so I would advise you to choose the snake that is most dangerous or venomous.
49. Dagger tattoo is one of those rare tattoos that could be tried on face and still they would look awesome.
50. As dagger is used to take life most of the time, you can add dangerous lines like these to it.
51. A dagger snake outline tattoo would also look great,
So which dagger tattoo design from the above photo gallery you are going to pick?