Day of the dead tattoos is popular because they are considered an integral part of Dia de Muertos celebrations. Most people opt for a girl portrait or sugar skull tattoo design in honor of the day of the dead. While the day of the dead tattoos is equally popular among girls and boys yet they are considered girly and feminine by many. Here we have selected 50 beautiful days of the dead tattoos for men and women-
Day Of The Dead Tattoo Designs
1. If you want to make your day of the dead girl portrait tattoo special then base it on YOUR favorite female celebrity. For example, this girl portrait tattoo is based on a famous pin-up girl Rita Hayworth.
2. It is tough to opt for a day of the dead face tattoo but what you can do is try a girl portrait tattoo who is wearing the day of the dead face makeup just like this.
3. The most common day of the dead tattoo is the skull tattoo which is also known as Calaveras tattoo. Here is a sugar skull tattoo design on the forearm of this guy.
4. Even though most artists recommend a full-size skull tattoo but you can opt for a sugar skull tattoo without jaw bone too. It will look fabulous on calves or forearm.
5. Catrina is a famous skull cartoon that is related to the day of the dead. You can style your girl portrait tattoo with the makeup of Catrina.
minimalist tattoos with deep meaning
6. As the day of the dead portrait tattoo is styled with a lot of face painting so one thing you can do is leave subtle hints about yourself in your tattoo design.
7. Day of the dead celebrated due to religious faiths so it would be even better to add a religious symbol to your day of the dead tattoo such as a cross tattoo or name initials of Jesus Christ.
8. You can also opt for a day of the dead full sleeve or half sleeve tattoo designs. In both such designs, you can add famous fictional witches such as this one seems to be inspired by the girl in horror movie THE RING.
9. Most people opt for sugar skull tattoos in honor of the Day of the dead. This is why it is very common. You can try a scary skull tattoo if you wish to have a unique day of the dead tattoo.
10. One really impressive day of the dead sleeve tattoo idea for girls would be to get tattooed with their portrait and then add a queen crown to it like this.Do you know about these interesting facts
symbols for brother and sister
about day of the dead and why it is celebrated in so many countries.
day of the dead tattoo on arms
11. You can go for virgin Mary tattoo who is shown wearing the usual skull painting on face in honour of day of the dead.
12. You can have a day of the dead couple tattoo and one very interesting idea is to try a sugar skull tattoo design with a scary rag doll tattoo like this.
13. Day of the dead tattoos can be brilliantly modified with the old tattoos that went wrong. For example, the artist here added a girl portrait tattoo with the flower outline tattoo.
14. Many people like to have scary add-ons in their day of the dead tattoos. While skull is commonly suggested you can also try a scary eye tattoo like this.
15. Day of the dead is mostly celebrated in Mexico so it would be wise to have a Hispanic girl portrait tattoo. Most people for blonde girl portrait.
16. Commonly added features in the girl portrait tattoos are spider web on the forehead, a sign of spade of playing cards, flowers and heart.
17. This artist cleverly used negative shades. Most artists add makeup around eyes in girl portrait tattoo but this artist left a void around eyes thus giving it a unique look.
18. One thing that you should know is that Mexican marigold is dedicated to dead so you should add only this flower in your day of the dead tattoo design.
19. Angelina Jolie is considered as the most beautiful woman in the world so personally, I would recommend you to try her portrait tattoo on the regular day of the dead face painting.
20. Trying a 3D day of the dead tattoos is hard because there are so many details that need to be kept in mind while opting for such tattoos but if you know any experienced artist then opt for it.
day of the dead tattoos for females
21. There are several minor details on the day of the dead tattoos that can change the whole look of your tattoo. Such as, you can show the jaw bone of the girl instead of sewing her lips in the tattoo design.
22. Instead of opting for a large size day of the dead tattoo you can go for a small one. Here is a small day of the dead tattoo that shows the hairs of the girl too.
23. Another cool approach is to try the blackwork or neo-tribal day of the dead tattoo where the artist uses solid thick black ink to make a magnificent tattoo like this.
24. How about mixing up two cultures, like, imagine a native American female chief in the day of the dead face makeup. Here is one tattoo perfectly depicting it.
25. Usually, artists show only faces of the girl on the day of the dead tattoos and it is mostly expressionless. But you can opt for an expressive tattoo and also can show other parts of the body such as hands.
26. You can also have a temporary day of the dead tattoo design. You can either try a watercolor day of the dead tattoo or a pastel tattoo.
27. If you are a religious person then you should add a cross tattoo design too to your day of the dead tattoo and it must match with the whole design.
28. There are many horror movies and TV shows that give inspiration for a unique day of the dead tattoos. For example, this tattoo seems to be inspired by the Walkers shown in the HBO tv series Game of Thrones.
29. You can give a legit look to your day of the dead tattoo by trying a biomechanical design. Here is a biomechanical day of the dead tattoo on the forearm of this boy.
30. Day of the dead tattoos is usually dedicated to the deceased family members or friends. So how about showing them wearing their job uniform in the tattoo design?
day of the dead girl tattoo
31. The artist made this neo-tribal sugar skull tattoo design with a brilliant use of black ink. The artist made it even more impressive by adding a tiny diamond tattoo, a spade of card tattoo and a pair of flower tattoo.
32. I don’t know why the artist added a blindfold to the eyes of this girl portrait tattoo but overall it gave a brilliant day of the dead sleeve tattoo.
33. Have you seen the film Texas Chainsaw Massacre? You can try a day of the dead tattoo where the girl tattoo is shown wearing a leather face just like the iconic monster.
34. You can show the girl of a certain era in your day of the dead tattoo. For example, the artist showed the lady of the Victorian era in this tattoo but messed up with the jaw bone.
35. Instead of trying a female inspired day of the dead tattoo how about a male inspired day of the dead tattoo. You can either opt for an El Diablo tattoo or a Joker tattoo both from the 2016 film Suicide Squad.
36. You can make your day of the dead tattoo feminine by adding girly tattoos to it such as you can add tiny hello kitty tattoos to it.
37. If your day of the dead tattoo design starts fading away then you can make it lively again by restyling it with glitter and watercolor designs.
38. There are many drawings and paintings of the day of the dead on Pinterest and DeviantArt. You can choose them to base your tattoo design.
39. Personally, I would recommend you to add praying hands to your day of the dead tattoo design to make it look even more attractive.
40. While the black and grey day of the dead tattoos has their own grace and charm you can also opt for a colorful day of the dead tattoos like this.
day of the dead tattoo sleeve
41. If you know any experienced tattoo artist then ask him to ink a realistic girl portrait tattoo with day of the dead face painting just like this.
42. Day of the dead tattoos is excellent choices for cover up tattoos due to the surreal design you can opt for them for any kind of cover up tattoo.
43. Hairstyle and hair color of a girl on the day of the dead portrait tattoo can affect the quality of the tattoo so I would advise you to use light-colored ink for it.
44. You can try a day of the dead tattoo inked using geometrical shapes and symbols. Such tattoo will surely stand out.
45. If you think your girl portrait tattoo is not looking attractive enough then I would advise you to add red color flowers around it to make it impressive.
46. Dia de Muertos has many rituals and traditions and you should show it in your tattoo design. Instead of rose tattoos, one should opt for a marigold tattoo design.
47. You can give a gothic style to your Dia de Muertos tattoo. Here is a goth day of the dead tattoo design on the shoulder of this man.
48. Day of the dead tattoos are considered lucky and you can add other lucky designs to it such as dreamcatcher tattoo or a horseshoe tattoo.
49. Couples can have a really interesting matching day of the dead tattoo. They should opt for the day of the dead bride and groom tattoo design on their back or on their forearm.
50. You can also reimagine your favorite Disney characters or most preferably Disney princesses in the day of the dead face make up.
Which day of the dead tattoo design from the above photo gallery did you like the most?