You will be surprised to know that half sleeve tattoos are more popular than full sleeve tattoos. This is because people either opt-out of full sleeve tattoos because of job-related policies or they simply do not like getting tattooed on their sleeves. Half sleeves tattoos opt either on just one arm or both upper arms. Here we have chosen 50 meaningful half sleeve tattoos for men and women –
Mens Half Sleeve Tattoo Designs
8. If you are in the navy then a cool idea would be to try either a compass tattoo as a half sleeve tattoo or an anchor tattoo as a half sleeve tattoo. You can also give try to both designs in one tattoo.
10. If you are not very much interested in a half sleeve tattoo then you might like quarter sleeve tattoos. Here is a cross tattoo design on the quarter sleeve of this guy. I would recommend you reading these fashion tips for men to make yourself more appealing.
half sleeve tattoos with meaning
11. On cool thing about half sleeve tattoos is that you can try large size tattoos or a big scenario. Here this girl got tattooed with foxes and reindeers on her sleeve and also added vibrant colors to the background.
12. If you want to try scary tattoos or tattoos inspired by devil or horror movies then please try them in large size. While chest or back is an ideal option for such tattoos but trusts me you won’t be disappointed by the look that you will get from such tattoos on half sleeves.
13. Most half sleeve tattoos start from the upper portion of the shoulder and then ends up to the elbow. But you can also try a specific half sleeve tattoo that begins from the mid-portion of the bicep just like this dog tattoo.
best half sleeve tattoos
23. If you want a cover-up a tattoo design for your upper sleeve then I would suggest you consider a fish tattoo design. A large size fish tattoo (a shark or a whale tattoo) would not only look great on the half sleeve but also would be a good choice for the cover-up.
25. There are many different representations of the Yin Yang tattoo designs. If you have a large size representation in mind then you should get it tattooed on your upper sleeve. Here is a Lion tattoo on the upper sleeve in the style of Yin Yang.
27. Colorful half sleeve tattoo designs would fade away much quicker than black and grey half sleeve tattoos. But if the colored tattoos are as good as this little mermaid tattoo then try them without any second thought.
28. Another cool option for half sleeve tattoos is music tattoos. You can either pick up a large size musical instrument tattoo or if you like singing then try a large size microphone tattoo design on the sleeve.
half sleeve tattoos for men ideas
36. This skull tattoo design on the upper sleeve of this woman seems to be inspired by the Mad Max movie series. However, I won’t recommend you to use two skulls, instead try a danger sign tattoo design.
37. This snake tattoo design on this man can be made jaw-dropping good. All you have to do is show the snake constricting the arms. The more realistic the snake tattoo will be the more positive reactions you will get.
38. Real superheroes don’t wear a cape. If you have high beliefs in yourself then a cool half sleeve tattoo idea would be to try a biomechanical tattoo where the artist shows a hidden superhero inside you just like this.
tribal half sleeve tattoos
Which wolf tattoo design from the above photo gallery you liked the most?