Backbone tattoos or spine tattoos can be the most attractive tattoo on body due to their unique location. However people often choose silly designs to get tattooed on their spine. First of all let me clear you that spine tattoos can be painful and if you are thinking of getting your whole spine inked then you should have strong determination for it. Here we have chosen 50 amazing spine tattoo designs that will suit both men and women –
Backbone Tattoos Ideas And Designs
1. If you want to try offbeat spine tattoo designs then I would suggest you to try biomechanical tattoo designs. Here is a quirky backbone tattoo on this lady.
2. Spine tattoo design need not to just be on the spine only. You can expand them on the back too. Here is a flower vine that covers the middle portion of the back including the spine.
3. You can try spine tattoos that not lengths up from top to bottom but just remain on one portion. Here is a flower tattoo on backbone that seems to be inspired from a painting of Pablo picaso.
4. One commonly suggested spine tattoo idea is to have a quote or bible verse inked vertically across your spine bone just like this.
5. The problem with quote tattoos on spine tattoos is that they are hard to read but a good thing is that they can only be read and understood by people who are really close to you.
6. Instead of trying a full quote tattoo on your back I would suggest you to try one word or two word tattoo design like this. It will look more meaningful on lower spine.
7. If you want your spine quote tattoo to be readable then you have to keep two things in mind. One it should be short and meaningfully. Second it should be in medium to large font like this.
8. Arrow tattoos are really perfect choice for spine tattoos and if you want a large size arrow tattoo on your body then backbone is the perfect place for this.
9. Spine tattoos are painful. So a smart choice would be to opt for temporary tattoos on backbone. You can have watercolour flower tattoos on backbone like this.
10. Flower pattern looks really beautiful on backbone and you can have multiple flower tattoos or a vine that shows flowers of various sizes like this.
11. If you want to have real tattoo on spine but want to avoid all the pain then I would suggest you to try geometrical tattoos because the needle won’t touch the body much in such designs.
12. Another cool offbeat tattoo idea for spine is to try a quote tattoo but in other language. Chinese and Japanese quote tattoos are perfect contender for this because their words are small and you can have a long quote on spine despite using few characters.
13. You can have a mix up of both a flower tattoo and a quote tattoo design but the quote have to be real short and the flower should not be large in size.
14. Instead of trying for meaningless tattoos you can have a realistic back bone tattoo design on your spine. You can ask the artist for a neo tribal backbone tattoo on spine like this but don’t have any other tattoo on back.
15. This is not a random circle tattoo design but it is inspired from the art of acupuncture in which it is believed that you can press various joints of body to relieve yourself from pain.
16. There are many tribal patterns that can be tried on backbone and one among them is to have a pattern where lines run across spine bone but does not lie above the backbone.
17. You can have random mysterious symbols inked on your backbone or even better you can have ancient tribal symbols tattooed. Here is one spine tattoo that shows 5 important part of life.
18. Okay this paw line tattoo on spine could be really painful but you can see it yourself that how beautiful the end result is. So in my opinion it is worth it if you are a pet lover.
19. If you are a book lover then a unique tattoo idea for you would be to get tattooed with a book shelf that shows titles of all your favourite books.
20. Tattoo artist often thinks that they can have a spine tattoo only that runs across the backbone. Here is a different idea where the artist spread the tattoo on shoulders and then brought the line down to the spine.
21. This spine tattoo design is inspired from henna designs or mehandi patterns. You will find a lot of mehndi patterns online and you can try them on your backbone.
22. An interesting spine tattoo idea would be to start from the bottom, a tree tattoo. Grow the tree each year (on your birthday) and see how long it goes.
23. Here is another temporary tattoo design that is made using watercolour and pastel. You can see the beauty of this tattoo where the artist perfectly combined the color to give a unique and long lasting impressing.
24. People usually don’t try Egyptian glyph but in my opinion it is one of the most charming calligraphy on planet. You can have a coded message on your backbone using Egyptian.
25. When people opt for sun and moon tattoos they just try the usual designs but I would suggest you to try a hanging moon tattoo and spine is best place for it.
26. Instead of trying quotes or words a really cool idea is to try your own name in another language inked on your body. For example how would you write Katy perry on Sanskrit?
27. If you are looking for a memorial tattoo design then a unique idea is to try a Roman numeral tattoo on your backbone. Get tattooed with the date of birth and date of death of your loved one (in roman numerals) on your spine like this.
28. You opt for a flower vine tattoo design on your back then you can make It unique and attractive by starting it from deep down.
29. Here is another beautiful flower tattoo design on the backbone and the artist didn’t covered the whole back for it.
30. This tribal pattern across the spine is perfectly inked as it runs parallel with the backbone. It would be less painful and therefore it would recommend it.
31. If you want to have a flower tattoo on your back bone then first of all pick up the right kind of flower for yourself. I would advise you to either try a lotus flower tattoo or a daisy flower tattoo.
32. Another less painful spine tattoo idea is to try flying bird tattoo. You can show multiple small birds flying across your backbone.
33. There would be no better spine tattoo for a boy than an armour tattoo. You can try a chest piece armour tattoo design that will cover up your chest and back both.
34. If you want ot have a cover up tattoo on your spine then I would suggest you to try biomechanical tattoo as they perfectly cover up the whole back and looks beautiful.
35. You have already seen how a Chinese symbol tattoo design will look on back bone. Here is how a Japanese quote tattoo design will look like on spine.
36. Instead of trying a normal flower tattoo design on backbone I would suggest you to try a flower tattoo that is tattooed using geometrical shapes.
37. Have you ever seen sweet pea flower vine? It is one of the most beautiful flower vine in the world and you can get it tattooed on your spine.
38. Snake tattoosa re also perfect for spine but do not have just any normal kind of snake tattoo. Try a mysterious looking snake tattoo design like this.
39. Dreamcatcher tattoos are also commonly tried on spine but I would suggest you to try a circular tattoo design that is inspired from dreamcatcher tattoo just like this.
40. Apart from Chinese and Japanese alphabets you can also try Arabic and urdu symbols on your backbone. There are many meaningful Arabic quotes that can be tried on spine.
41. So this girl decided to show the full circle of moon around the earth and I have to admit it is pretty. This is another less painful tattoo idea for back bone.
42. The coloring of this flower tattoo on backbone can be improved a lot but still it is a cool idea that can be tried by newbies.
43. If you want a tattoo design that not covers your back bone but also your neck then here is beautiful idea for you. Try a rose tattoo on your neck with its stem running across the spine.
44. You don’t need to try tattoo on whole spine. Here is a small size roman numeral tattoo that would look good on upper spine or lower spine or even middle of the back bone.
45. If you want to have a 3D tattoo on your spine then I would recommend you to find an experienced tattoo artist for it because such designs are really tough.
46. In place of trying flower vine you can have a leaf vine too and it will look equally beautiful.
47. This beautiful watercolour tattoo on spine can be tried with real ink because it is so [email protected] beautiful. Don’t you agree?
48. There are many beautiful book covers that could be great tattoo designs. Here is a backbone tattoo that is inspired from the novel Mockingjay in The Hunger Games Book series.
49. This beautiful flower tattoo design on spine is even made more beautiful by the addition of vibrant colors. You can do this if your spine tattoo starts fading away.
50. Here is another offbeat tattoo design that you can try – a ziplock tattoo on backbone it would suit both boys and girls.
Which backbone tattoo from the above photo gallery you liked the most?