Even though Phoenix tattoo is an old design but the popularity rose recently due to the success of Harry Potter films. Everyone loved the scene when Dumbledore told Harry the meaning of life while his pet phoenix Fawkes resurrected from its ashes.
Phoenix is a mythological bird and its tattoo has a deep meaning. Phoenix tattoo represents rebirth, moving on and starting a new life. It gives hope. It also represents kindness.
Here we present 50 beautiful phoenix tattoos for both men and women –
Phoenix Tattoo Ideas
1. One beautiful design that you can try is the flying phoenix tattoo which looks great on back.
2. There are many phoenix rising tattoo design but you should avoid the common ones and try something unique. As phoenix also represent fire so why not show a blue phoenix rising from its ashes in the tattoo design.
3. In my opinion phoenix outline tattoo do not turn out to be so good but still many people opt for them.
4. One popular combination that people try is the dragon and phoenix tattoo design. you can go for a unique concept where the phoenix is given skin like a dragon.
5. You will agree with me that phoenix tribal tattoo designs are one of the best. In fact they look as beautiful as tribal dragon tattoos.
6. You can make your tribal phoenix tattoo even better by adding red ink around it like this. The red ink will represent fire.
7. An all-black phoenix tattoo will obviously look gorgeous. If you are opting for a large size tattoo then rib cage is great place to try it.
8. Ancient mythology considered phoenix a mystical bird that flew over dark horizons. You can show this concept in your tattoo design.
9. Most people think that only large phoenix tattoos look great but that’s not true. Medium or small phoenix tattoo like this also look attractive.
10. Here is a traditional phoenix tattoo design where the bird is shown fighting with snake and tiger.
Phoenix Tattoo Designs
11. Minimal tattoos have their own charm. This minimal phoenix tattoo design is looking great due to the perfect combination of colors.
12. If you are thinking to wear one color phoenix tattoo then I would advise you to have a different colored tail like this.
13. Even though phoenix is a beautiful bird but this does not mean that the bird is not considered fierce. You can show pointed claws to denote an attacking phoenix.
14. You can add flowers to your phoenix tattoo design to make it look more beautiful. My pick would be the cherry blossom flower tattoo.
15. Here is an awesome tribal style phoenix tattoo that can be easily tried on chest or back.
16. If you look closely you will see that the phoenix is given spine like a dragon in this design which makes it admirable.
17. Watercolor phoenix tattoo will also look gorgeous but remember they will demand extra care and still would fade away one day.
18. Tattoo artist can give unique design to the tail of the phoenix. For example they can add dreamcatcher tattoo design to it like this.
19. Here is one of the most beautiful watercolour phoenix tattoo that I have ever seen. It is hard to duplicate the same design.
20. If you are opting for the tribal style then give the bird pointed wings as if they are sharp blades.
Phoenix Tattoos For Men
21. I would give you one tip – Do not consider thigh as an ideal place to try phoenix tattoos. Some girls might find phoenix tattoo on thigh as attractive.
22. The best combination you can try with phoenix tattoo is the dragon tattoo. The phoenix and Dragon tattoo will represent fire and rage.
23. Here this phoenix outline tattoo is also amazing. The artist didn’t focused on the facial features but still inked a cool design.
24. Girls can try a cool combo of phoenix and butterfly tattoo. This tattoo of phoenix has multiple tiny butterfly tattoos in it.
25. Many tattoo artists find it difficult to differentiate between phoenix and eagle design. So always stick to artists who know exactly how a phoenix tattoo should look like.
26. As phoenix tattoos represents fire and rage so a nice idea would be to show them in golden-orange color. Such color will represent fire flames.
27. Phoenix tattoo also represent kindness and gentleness. You can show a long tailed phoenix bird to suggest that you do not forget past easily.
28. Phoenix burns itself in flame. One amazing idea would be to show a phoenix bird inked in style of fire flames like this.
29. A full back phoenix tattoo will not be tried by everyone but I agree that they will look pretty amazing.
30. You can show colourful wings to your phoenix tattoo design. These colourful wings will represent different shades of life.
Phoenix Tattoos For Women
31. A couple phoenix tattoo like this would suit couples.
32. Many artists draw similarities between phoenix and peacock tattoo design. Here is a tattoo of phoenix that looks similar to peacock.
33. The number of feathers you show in the tail of phoenix will represent the number of memories you find unforgettable in your life.
34. Some mythologies believe that the number of feathers on a phoenix body represent the number of times the bird has resurrected.
35. You can try a phoenix tattoo flying over a field of flowers.
36. This is a cool and beautiful phoenix tattoo on the back of the girl.
37. A colourful phoenix tattoo will always look more beautiful so do remember that.
38. A phoenix flying over clouds will look beautiful.
39. You can try a female phoenix tattoo where the eyes of the bird are inked more gracefully.
40. This phoenix tattoo design is jaw dropping beautiful.
Rising Phoenix Tattoos
41. The head of the phoenix should be inked in such way that the feather on head look like a crown of king or queen.
42. You can add name of your late family members whom you believe will come back in one way or another.
43. If you wish to try a phoenix rising tattoo then I would advise you to show a baby phoenix as it will look more meaningful.
44. Who will win in Dragon vs Phoenix Fight? No matter how many times a dragon will kill phoenix with fire, each time it will rise from its own ashes.
45. Phoenix tattoo will also sit perfectly on back shoulder as shown in the picture below.
46. Here is a unique style to try a tattoo of phoenix on half back of this girl.
47. If you want to show a phoenix with spread wings then make them facing forward like this.
48. Another cool style would be to try the phoenix inked on the back with its head hovering over the shoulder.
49. Here is a mix up of phoenix dragon tattoo where the phoenix is given rough skin like a dragon.
50. The more colourful you make your tattoo of phoenix the more beautiful it will look.
Which Phoenix Tattoo from the above photo gallery you liked the most?