There are many different styles and designs of devil tattoos, each with its unique characteristics. But all devil tattoos share certain features that make them instantly recognizable to anyone who sees them.
When it comes to the actual design of a devil tattoo, there is no one right way to go about it. Many people choose to incorporate larger-than-life symbols and stencils into their designs, such as horns or fire, but others prefer to keep things more understated with smaller images like a pair of red eyes or some flames.
Some people also get creative by incorporating other themes into their designs – for example, you could get a demon dog tattoo along with your devil ink.
Devil tattoo Ideas
There is also a strong mythological connection between the devil and the horns on a person’s head. This probably stems from ancient cultures that used animal heads as symbols, such as bulls and goats. Horns represent power and strength – so if you want to show off your inner strength, then getting a horned devil tattoo would certainly be one way to do so. There are also plenty of other images that can be incorporated into a devil tattoo to make it unique and stand out – such as flames, snakes, or even daggers.
While browsing through thousands of designs online we saw that some devil tattoos were better looking than others. If you are thinking about getting your devil tattoo, here are some of the best ideas to inspire you.
1. Red eyes and flames: This classic devil tattoo design uses bright red imagery to create an intimidating, hellish look that makes it stand out on its own. Whether worn as part of a full body piece or incorporated into another image, these elements can help to evoke a feeling of dread in onlookers.
2. Demon dog: If you want something slightly different from the traditional devil tattoos, consider incorporating some demon-like features into your design – like this demon dog. By combining the realism of the dog’s expression with more abstract imagery – in this case, a pair of glowing red eyes – you can create a truly unique look that will make your devil tattoo stand out.
3. The face: This is another version of the classic devil tattoo that features an eye-catching design of both horns and flames, creating a powerful impression when combined with the enormous face on which it is placed. The bold use of color here makes for a striking image that you won’t soon forget.
4. Wings: If you already have another type of tattoo or are looking for an easy way to incorporate your demon ink into other styles, consider adding some wings to your design. This can help to give your devil tattoo a more animalistic or demonic feel, depending on the style that you choose.
5. The devil’s horns: While most people are familiar with the classic devil tattoo design featuring two large horns emerging from the top of the head, you don’t have to follow tradition if you don’t want to. You can get creative and try a design that has devil horns on the face (near the eyes).
6. Dual designs: If your goal is to create something truly unique, consider getting two separate tattoos in one sitting – for example a version that combines a traditional horned demon with an evil-looking skull. This can be a great option for those who want a more “in your face” design, as it will be sure to grab attention when worn.
7. Horns and flames: For those looking for a traditional take on the devil tattoo style, these horns and flames create an impressive dynamic duo that is sure to make a difference. While the fire is subtle in this particular design, you can also opt for something more intense if you prefer.
8. Symbolic significance: If you want your devil tattoo to have a deeper meaning than simply “evil,” consider getting one with symbols that have special significance to you. This design combines several iconic images – including roses, skulls, and snakes – to create a striking design that carries a darker meaning than simple decoration.
9. The devil’s tail: When most people think of the classic devil tattoo, they picture some kind of demon with large horns on their head and a long, spiky tail behind them – so why not go all out with your ink? Try a design that features an incredible abstract depiction of flames while still keeping things recognizable as the iconic devil character.
10. Demons in paradise: Everyone knows that hell is typically portrayed as being underground or inside some kind of dark, dank cave – but what if it was instead in some kind of heavenly setting? This does-not-do-down-well take on the classic red-and-black devil tattoo design is sure to catch the eye of everyone who sees it.
11. The fallen angel: While most people associate the devil with demons, that’s not always the case – after all, Lucifer was once an angel before he was cast down into hell. So a flaming take on a traditional fallen-angel look makes for a truly unique design that still manages to be familiar at a glance.
12. Realism: Some people prefer their devil tattoos to be realistic while others like them more abstract – and if you fall in the latter camp, then an incredible fire-breathing image may just have your name written all over it. Try a design that features bright red eyes and teeth that pop against the skin.
13. Ominous eyes: While you may be familiar with traditional images of a demon or devil with green or red eyes, one that combines both is sure to make anyone think twice about what they might see when they look at you. Therefore a cool idea would be to opt for a design that has sharp teeth and horns along with some incredible shading around the eyes – all leading to an overall feeling of menace.
14. The beastly demon: If you want your devil tattoo to truly embody everything that makes this creature so terrifying, consider incorporating imagery like fangs, claws, and scales into your inkwork for a realistic take on this classic character. This example also goes further by adding facial hair to its depiction of the demon – and it looks incredible.
15. Traditional art: While some people prefer to go all-out with the newest tattoo styles, others fall in love with traditional art so much that they want to incorporate elements of it into their ink. This example gives a classic devil tattoo design a modern twist by using large horns and red eyes but still keeping things relatively simple for an impressive twist on tradition.
Devil tattoos Meanings and Symbolism
Devil tattoos have a long history as symbols of defiance against societal norms and religious authority. Many people choose devil tattoos to symbolize their dark side, the parts of themselves that they repress or hide from the world. Other devil tattoo meanings include rebellion, impulsiveness, masculinity, and danger.
The devil is often associated with very negative meanings, but this isn’t always the case. In traditional symbolism, the devil represented evil and sin.
A tattoo, however, can represent rebellion or non-conformity to societal norms. The devil can be depicted as a powerful warrior in many different situations and scenarios – perhaps even as a protective force that helps guide your life path.
Many cultures have also viewed the devil as representing passion and desire; so if you have a fiery personality or are extremely passionate about something in your life, then getting a devil tattoo may be perfect for you.
Of course, there are also more traditional religious connotations of the devil that come into play when considering whether or not to get a tattoo.
Some people may feel uncomfortable with the idea of getting this type of design for religious reasons, but others see it as a way to show that they aren’t afraid to stand up for what they believe in or fight against societal norms. Whatever your personal feelings are about the devil, it can be an awesome piece of body art.
Just take a look at this image gallery and you will agree with us –
Old School Devil Tattoo
Flash Devil Tattoo
Also Read Daddy Tattoo
Devil Wings Tattoo Ideas
One thing is for sure, though: the devil has always been associated with darker themes in human mythology and culture. Whether this symbolism represents evil, sin, passion, desire – or something else entirely – one thing is clear: tattoos of the devil are eye-catching designs that many people love to see. So think about what you would like your own personalized devil tattoo design to represent, and then get busy bringing that vision to life by contacting a talented artist at your local tattoo parlor today.
References: Devil Wiki