Ribbon tattoos are a beautiful and unique type of tattoo design that is becoming increasingly popular in recent years. If you are looking for a way to stand out from the crowd with your next tattoo, then a ribbon tattoo may be just what you are looking for.
Some popular examples include ribbon tattoos inspired by holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving, as well as other special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries. You can also find lots of creative ways to incorporate ribbons into more traditional tattoos, such as adding them to flowers, birds, and other elements.
Ribbon Tattoo Ideas
A ribbon tattoo is typically comprised of one or more stripes that taper to a point at each end, varying in thickness and width depending on the design you choose. These ribbons are often adorned with different symbols, such as flowers, hearts, stars, and letters or words that hold special meaning to the wearer.
If you are thinking about getting a ribbon tattoo yourself and you are not sure where to start, here are ten of our favorite designs:
1. A simple yet elegant ribbon tattoo that incorporates the colors of the American flag. Perfect for anyone with a patriotic spirit.
2. A beautiful Christmas-themed ribbon tattoo is perfect for anyone who loves celebrating the winter holidays. It can feature festive Christmas ornaments and holly leaves against a pretty red backdrop.
3. Many people choose to get small tattoos on their wrists, which makes a cute little blue ribbon design an ideal choice for your first (or even second or third) wrist tattoo. It’s simple and understated, yet still a beautiful work of art.
4. If you love flowers as much as ribbon tattoos, then you can try a stunning design that features a gorgeous pink lily in an eye-catching blue background.
5. Try an adorable bow tattoo that features a sweet little heart shape in the middle, which is just enough to give it some extra character without overwhelming the rest of your ribbons tattoo. It’s also great for anyone who wants their ribbons tattoo to have a bit more color than the average design.
6. Just because roses are not traditionally associated with ribbon tattoos doesn’t mean that they can’t look incredible combined with other designs. If you love the idea of a ribbon tattoo but are worried that it may be too girly or dainty, try combining it with something more edgy like this rose design.
7. If you are looking for an extra-special way to celebrate your relationship, then consider getting a specially designed ribbon tattoo that incorporates your and your partner’s initials. Opt for a heart-shaped design which is just one example of what these unique tattoos can look like.
8. Many people use ribbons as symbols of strength and support in times of hardship, which makes them a perfect choice for anyone who has faced illness or loss in their lives. Blue ribbons can add elegance to even the most serious of tattoo designs.
9. If you are a book lover and want to show your appreciation for the written word, then you may be interested in an elegant design that shows beautiful yellow roses in origami style atop the blue ribbon.
10. Another cool way to incorporate ribbons into more traditional tattoos is by using them as borders. Such designs can feature a few different elements, but they all blend perfectly thanks to the small red ribbons at their edges.
As you can see from these inspiring examples, ribbon tattoos are some of the most versatile and customizable tattoo designs that you can get.
Ribbon tattoos Meanings and Symbolism
One reason for the popularity of ribbon tattoos is that they have unique symbolism attached to them. They often represent bravery and sacrifice, which are two things that people like to have tattooed on their bodies when they enlist in the military.
Despite their simplicity in design, ribbon tattoos have many different meanings that can vary from person to person. This could be due to the tattoo’s placement on the body – when placed around your wrist, ankle, or neck it may have negative connotations while being worn elsewhere may be more positive – or by the type of symbol most often associated with the tattoo.
The color and style of the tattoo can also vary, depending upon what each person feels best represents themselves.
Some people choose to use it as a memorial for someone who has passed away, especially those in the military. Others use it to show their support for a loved one who is going through a difficult situation. Some people simply like the way that it looks and may choose to get one just for aesthetic purposes.
A ribbon tattoo that includes a heart is often considered to be representative of love and affection, while one adorned with the letter A may represent friendship or family. Those featuring stars are thought to symbolize guiding light while those that incorporate flowers are believed to symbolize changing seasons and beauty in life.
Because of their symbolic nature, many people opt for ribbon tattoos as a way to remember loved ones who have passed away, an achievement worth celebrating, or even a commemoration of someone’s birthdate. Whatever the reason behind your choice of design, there are many different styles available to suit your personal preferences.
For inspiration, check out these gorgeous ribbon tattoos. Whether you love floral designs or bold colors, there’s sure to be a tattoo that catches your eye. These unique tattoos are perfect for all body types, so go ahead and experiment with different styles until you find the right look for you.
Wrist Bracelet Ribbon Tattoos
Neck Ribbon tattoos
Also Read Saturn Tattoos
Ribbon Cross Tattoos
Ribbon lace Tattoos
As you can see, ribbon tattoos offer a lot of meaning and style in one simple design. Whether you choose to get a tattoo featuring only one ribbon or many stripes is up to your style and preference. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and get that special tattoo that will represent who you are.
References: Ribbon Wiki