Ganesh Tattoos have deep symbolism and meaning. This is because Ganesha is considered as the god of prosperity, happiness, and success in Hinduism. Ganesh is the son of God Shiva and his wife Parvati. Lord Shiva was unaware of this fact so when he saw Ganesh for the first time he cut off his head. Shiva did it because Ganesh tried to stop him from entering Parvati’s room.
When Parvati told about Ganesh’s parentage to Lord Shiva he became sad. Lord Shiva soon brought the head of an elephant and placed it over the body of his son. He brought him back to life.
Lord Ganesha’s birthday is known as Ganesh Chaturthi. It is celebrated all over India in September. Many devotees of Lord Ganesha get inked with his tattoos.
Here we have chosen 50+ lord ganesha tattoos that you can try –
Om Ganesh tattoo ideas
1. Clients often reject 3D ganesha tattoos. This is because only an experienced tattoo artist can ink them beautifully.
All Hinduism tattoo designs are related to god and they all have one simple meaning – To find, love and accept one true god. Lord Ganesha or Ganapati is called as the god of prosperity and happiness. So, A Ganesha tattoo design would symbolize the same meaning.
A Ganesha Head tattoo would imply that the devotee considers him as the God who opens his gates of love and wealth. Another meaning is that Ganpati destroy the evil and kill bad thoughts in a person.
Many people try Ganesha name tattoo images where they get tattooed with various names of Ganesha. Some of the most popular names of Lord Ganesha are Ganpati, Vinayaka, Vaughan Harna, Lambodar and Gajanan (due to Elephant head).
2. Om Ganesha tattoo is one of the best design that you can try. I would recommend you to try it in a large size.
3. Another combination that you can try is Ganesh and flower tattoo. One perfect idea is to use it on the head of Lord Ganesha.
4. Ever considered Minimalist ganesh tattoo? Here this artist used Om word in the tattoo of ganesh.
5. You can add mandala tattoo styles to your Ganesha design. The perfect place to add them Is on the crown of Lord Ganesha.
half sleeve tattoos for men ideas
6. Lord Ganesha blessings are always auspicious and a good omen. A Tattoo depicting something similar would be cool idea.
7. Ganesha tattoo with elongated trunk will have a deep symbolism. It will represent prosperity and happiness.
8. A Black and white ganesh tattoo is way much better than a colored design. Judge by yourself.
9. This is another minimal and simple design that cleverly used the word OM, the Trishul (Weapon of Lord Shiva) and Lord Ganesha.
10. If you opt for a black and white tattoo then you can try giving a blue color to the eyes of the lord. It will make a huge difference. There are many stories about how people devoted their life to Lord Ganesha and lived happily ever after.
glyph symbols and meanings
ganesh name tattoo images
11. Full back is good place to try Ganesh tattoo. A Dancing Ganesh (in Natraj Mudra) will look beautiful on whole back.
12. Instead of Ganesh tattoo you can also try the Ganesha mantra as your tattoo design.
13. Ganesh With Trishul tattoo look so wonderful but mandala designs can make it way much better.
14. I love tattoos that mix up two different cultures. Here is a Lord Ganesha Tattoo that is made in the style of maori art.
15. A Unique style would be to go for the traditional ganesh tattoo design. Here the artist gave American traditional style to the design.
16. I don’t know if Lord Ganesha had farsa in his hands. Ganesha is the god of peace and prosperity. He does not use weapons.
17. Ganesh half sleeve tattoos will look so beautiful. I think this is the most beautiful design I ever saw.
18. A Medium size but stylish ganesh head tattoo will suit almost everyone.
19. Most people opt for the peaceful post of Lord Ganesha but He is also known for his angry roop just like his father Shiva. This tattoo design perfectly sums it up.
20. A simple and minimal ganesh tattoo like this will suit on body parts like neck or wrist.
ganesh with trishul tattoo
21. Lord Ganesh outline tattoo is also a good choice. It will suit you if you try it on a visible part of body.
22. Blue color is often associated with lord Krishna. But many people still ask for Lord Ganesha blue tattoo.
23. You can find your inspiration from religious books where you will find many art drawings of Lord Ganesh.
24. A textured lord ganesh tattoo will leave a good impact on the mind of viewer. They are really hard to ignore.
25. You might have seen the famous Maori tattoo of Dwayne Johnson. You can use the same style for your Ganesh tattoo.
26. Indian culture uses a lot of flower patterns and mandala designs in its traditional art form. You can use it in your tattoo design.
27. This is another mix-up tattoo of two cultures. Here the Ganesh tattoo is inked with the Aztec and Polynesian art style.
28. This is perfect placement for a minimalist and simple ganesh tattoo. You can hide it whenever you want to.
29. The Hamsa tattoo culture is popular in Buddhism. You can add the hamsa pattern to your Ganesh tattoo.
30. Lord Ganesh read all the religious sculptures and Vedas. He helped Vyas in writing Mahabharat. You can add a Veda in the tattoo of Ganesh.
ganesha tattoo designs for men
31. Okay, I will be honest. This Ganesh tattoo design seems to be inspired from any alien film. However, many of my clients liked it.
32. A ganesh head tattoo will look way more meaningful and beautiful if you give expressive eyes to it like this.
33. The south Indian culture of ancient India was known for its unique architectures. You can take inspiration for that art for your tattoo design.
34. This ganesh outline tattoo is perfectly placed on the wrist of this young man.
35. Lord Ganesh is often shown with a Lotus flower. The subtle addition of lotus flower design in your tattoo will make it look impressive.
36. Here is cool combination of Hamsa and Lord Ganesh tattoo design.
37. If you ask me, I would say that yellow, orange and golden color will suit the most to Ganesha tattoo.
38. Shoulder is a unique place to try ganesh tattoo. I liked this adorable Bal ganesha tattoo design.
39. The trunk of Lord Ganesha can be decorated with tulsi leave design in the tattoo.
40. This is an old school Lord ganesha tattoo which is inspired from the old paintings of Lord Ganesh.
lord ganesh tattoos
41. Personally I find it one of the most attractive tattoos of lord ganesha. Its placement is perfect and has a unique design.
42. Artists often suggest Lord Ganesha Thigh tattoo but keep in mind that it might hurt sentiments of people.
43. Lord Ganesh and Flower tattoo is a good combination but I will suggest you to try small size flower tattoos.
44. You can add garland of pearls on the neck of Lord ganesha and on its crown to make it attractive.
45. I think the word om inked on the head of Lord Ganesh will suit the best but you can also go for the Trishul design.
46. This is the perfect example of how a minimalist tattoo should be. This one is inspired from Yin Yang tattoos.
47. This is a unique design but make sure that it does not hurt anyone’s religious sentiments.
48. This tattoo will look awesome in small size. The mix up of OM with ganesha is perfect here.
49. A watercolor Ganesh tattoo can easily be your best tattoo choice as it gives so much freedom to the tattoo artist.
50. This is a mixup of the traditional tattoo along with pastel and watercolor tattoo art.
Which Lord Ganesha tattoo would you prefer and why?