Full back tattoos might not be as much popular as Chest tattoos or shoulder tattoos but they still have a dedicated fan following. Most people think that full-back tattoos look good with full arm tattoo sleeves but that’s not entirely true. Many tattoo designs will suit full back and you don’t have to add sleeve tattoos to them. Here we picked 50 amazing full back tattoo designs and ideas for men and women –
Full Back Wings Tattoos
1. You might be lured to get a scenic tattoo like this on your back but make sure it suits you.
2. Back provides more than enough space for a portrait tattoo but don’t waste it.
3. The most impressive full back tattoo design that you can have is a lion or tiger tattoo design. Remember The Tiger should look fierce.
4. Most people choose landscape tattoos for full back and here is how they will look like.
5. Just a face tattoo (be it of animal or human) would be a wastage of space of time. However, if the tattoo design is as detailed as this on full back then one might approve it.
6. This tattoo design of a flying bird on full back can be improved and made much more elegant and beautiful.
7. This portrait tattoo design on full back seems to be inspired from famous Japanese anime film Princess Mononoke.
8. Brock lesnar popularized the style of dagger tattoo on chest. You can try a sword tattoo design with angel wings on full back.
9. Ornament or Jewellery tattoo design can only suit girls. There are many jewellery tattoo patterns that girls can get inked on their full back.
10. Many people chose to have native Indian tattoo designs on back and here is one beautiful example for such tattoos.
full back tattoo designs
11. Dragon tattoos can look good on any part of the body but they leave a strong impression if they are effectively done on full back or chest.
12. You can opt for weird or unusual tattoo patterns and probably you will never regret them.
13. An experienced tattoo artist can turn even a simple design into marvelous art. This skull tattoo design on the full back of this guy is proof.
14. Devil tattoo designs are popular among both men and women. If you are attracted to the dark side of the force then you can opt for a devil tattoo design on full back.
15. If you like the Harry Potter series then you can have any of the legendary animals (fantastic beast) inked on your full back. Here is an owl tattoo on the full back of a guy.
16. Phoenix tattoo designs suits more on girls than on boys therefore I would suggest phoenix tattoos only to girls.
17. Grim reaper tattoo design is not just popular among emo boys and girls. An impressive grim reaper tattoo on the full back like this will be loved by any man or woman.
18. Skull tattoo design has many variations and one among them is popularized by Hollywood film Sleepy Hollow. Here is the Sleepy hollow inspired Skull tattoo design on full back.
19. Is this a wolf tattoo or a bear cub tattoo design on full back of this man? Make sure your animal tattoo design on the full back is not confusing.
20. Flower tattoo design suits girls and they can try them on any part of their body even Full back.
full back tattoos for men
21. Here is a flower vine tattoo design on the full back of this beautiful girl. Notice that the tattoo is not covering full back but a portion of it.
22. Most people like to show handsome beast or devil in their tattoo design but you can go for a scary looking beast tattoo like this.
23. Dragon tattoos can be styled in different ways. You have to decide whether you want a Chinese dragon tattoo or a Japanese Dragon tattoo or a European dragon tattoo on your back.
24. This full back tattoo design is inspired from the armour of a medieval warrior or soldier. It will surely suit men.
25. Boys love to have a girl portrait tattoos and if you really interested in such tattoo design than opt full back for it.
26. You might want to scare people or at least Kids. Surely the only tattoo design that you need for this is the devil tattoo design with the number of the beast (666).
27. Broken Angel tattoo design or sad angel tattoo design is popular among young boys and girls. You can have a full-size sad angel tattoo design on the back.
28. Angel wings will look even more meaningful on back and they can be done in a style that they look almost real.
29. There are many patterns and designs for cover up tattoos on full back but I would advise you to opt for a portrait tattoo design.
30. Girls also choose portrait tattoos of other girls and if you are one such girl then here is a beautiful design for you.
full back tattoo for women
31. One very popular tattoo design for full back is god tattoo design. Here is a Gautam Buddha tattoo design on full back.
32. Honestly, this Geisha tattoo design can be improved a lot. I included it here because I wanted to show that color tattoos on back fade away quickly.
33. Boys can opt for warrior tattoo designs on full back and even better would be medieval warrior skull tattoo design like this.
34. This black and white lion tattoo design is neatly done and it won’t fade away so soon.
35. A really amazing idea for a full back tattoo is biomechanical tattoos. I bet that no one would be able to put their eyes off the tattoo.
36. This is how an angel wings tattoo design will look like on full back. It can be improved with some vibrant colors.
37. People have a keen interest in Greek tattoos and probably that is why tattoo artists often suggest them for full back or chest.
38. One thing that you should know in advance is that full back tattoos cost much more than chest tattoos or rib cage tattoos.
39. If you are interested in colorful tattoos on full back then you need to know that they will require a lot of aftercare.
40. You can ask the tattoo artist to mix up two or more design into one. Such mash up tattoos would look amazing.
full back tattoo ideas
41. This full back tattoo design is incomplete (No Colors). It was actually inspired from a drawing uploaded on deviantart.
42. Snake tattoo design are also good option for full back tattoos but instead going for multiple snakes you can opt for one large anaconda or python tattoo.
43. If you are an avid book reader then surely you will have numerous characters in mind that can be tattooed on the body. Here is one inspired by Lord of the Rings book series.
44. Do not ruin a beautiful tattoo design with an ugly tattoo. For example this geisha tattoo on full back is ruined by the Frankenstein looking tattoo.
45. Tree tattoo design suit those who admire knowledge and like intelligent people. This tree tattoo on full back can be improved.
46. Here is an ultimate medieval warrior tattoo design on the full back of this boy.
47. You can also go for an animated tattoo design on your full back but they will look good only for temporary time period.
48. Full back is also ideal place for realistic tattoos but instead of mixing multiple realistic tattoos you can opt for just one.
49. Angel wings tattoo design on full back will look good only if you have long torso otherwise they will look odd on back.
50. If you opt for a tattoo with outlines on full back then you need to color some part of it because then it will look impressive.
Which full-back tattoo idea you liked the most?