Most people will link cherry tattoo swith women only designs but this is not entirely true. The bright red colored fruit was used as a peace offering during the medieval period.
Not only this but many people get inked with its tattoo design as it represent new beginnings.
Cherry Tattoos Meanings and Symbolisms
Cherry tattoos can represent many different things such as fertility, femininity, and rebirth. Cherries have long been associated with the Virgin Mary in Christianity and are also seen as a symbol of innocence, purity and beauty. They are also popularly used to signify love and romance.
In Japan, cherries have a special place in their culture due to its significance in traditional artworks. In these pieces of art, the cherry blossom is often pictured alongside strong warriors or heroes- this expresses a message of courage and honor. The appearance of cherry blossoms within artwork typically symbolizes life’s fleeting nature; illustrating how precious yet short-lived our lives can be.
Throughout history, sailors were known for getting tattoos of cherries as a way to symbolize their safe return home and luck on the seas. Today, they are also used to represent a person’s resilience in life- suggesting that whatever challenges one may face, they can get through them with courage and persistence.
In modern times, cherry tattoos are often seen as a sign of independence and freedom; as well as being an expression of desire for beauty and love.
In the tattoo world, cherries represent innocence, youthfulness, vitality, love and femininity. It can be used to show a person’s appreciation for life or as a reminder of past experiences.
The cherry can also be seen as a symbol of fertility because it is associated with sexuality and reproduction. Some cultures believe that the cherry blossom has magical properties that bring luck and protection from harm.
Cherry Tattoo Ideas
Cherry tattoos often feature bright colors like reds and pinks which gives them an attractive look. They can also be designed in different shapes such as hearts or stars for more creative designs.
A cherry tattoo may also incorporate other symbols such as butterflies, birds, and flowers to emphasize its meaning. Regardless of the design, this type of tattoo can be a great way to express yourself. Here are some of our favorite ideas:
1. Cherry Blossom Tattoo – This is one of the most popular tattoo designs, representing beauty and fragility. The cherry blossom branches are often accompanied by other symbols such as birds or butterflies for added meaning.
2. Heart-Shaped Cherry Tattoo – Symbolizing affection and sentiment, the heart-shaped cherry tattoo can be seen on many wrists, arms, and backs. t’s an extraordinary method for showing your fondness for someone special in your life.
3. Japanese Cherry Tree Tattoo – Representing peace and friendship, this type of tattoo usually features a full bodied tree with blooming cherry blossoms scattered around it. Often times these tattoos will include koi fish swimming around the tree, representing good luck and fortune.
4. Cherry & Skull Tattoo – This combination tattoos represents both life and death. It’s a reminder to make the most of each moment that we have, as life is fleeting.
5. Watercolor Cherry Tattoo – These bold designs are often made up of bright colors such as pink, orange, yellow and red to represent the vibrant beauty of cherry blossoms in full bloom.
6. Half Sleeve Cherry Tree Tattoo – Covering half of the arm or leg, these types of tattoos feature an entire tree with cherry blossoms scattered around it for a beautiful effect. It’s a great way to show your pride for Japanese culture and tradition.
7. Tribal Cherry Tattoo – This type of tattoo features a cherry blossom in the center, surrounded by lines and patterns that represent strength and security. It’s a great way to show your inner fighter soul which is never dying.
8. Half Cherry Tattoo – A unique design that you can try is an Half eaten cherry. This will symbolize rebirth and new beginnings. Recently this design went viral on instagram too.
9. Colorful Cherry Blossom Forearm Tattoo – Why just go for the red cherry? If you want something bold and eye-catching, then try different colored cherry trees. It usually covers most or all of the forearm with vibrant colors such as pink, purple, blue, and yellow.
10. Minimalist Cherry Blossom Tattoo – These simple but exquisite tattoo idea can feature just a cherry blossom or two with minimal details. Such designs are perfect for those who want something subtle and understated yet still beautiful.
11. Realistic Cherry – A realistic-looking cherry that appears as though it’s been freshly picked. Find a tattoo artist that can give lifelike accurate details and you will have a tattoo that will be great conversation starter.
12. Simple Cherry – A simple cherry tattoo can still make an impact on your overall look. Whether it’s a small outline or just one single cherry, this minimalist design will help express who you are in subtle yet powerful ways.
13. Blossoming Cherry – A blossoming cherry tattoo is an incredible way for representing change and fresh starts. With its delicate petals and vibrant leaves, it’s sure to be an eye-catching design. You can even add quote like ‘Life is Sweet’.
14. Black & White Cherry – If you are searching for an immortal look then a simple black and white cherry tattoo is the way to go. Try it in a heart shape with a stem stretching out. You can also add words like word cherish or cherry on top to make it more impactful.
15. Flying Cherry – A flying cherry tattoo symbolizes freedom and independence. With its wings spread wide, this design will make you feel like you can take on the world. All you have to do is to add wings behind the cherry.
16. Cherry Branch – A cherry branch tattoo can represent growth, maturity, and renewal. This design looks beautiful in single-color or multi-color options.
17. Negative Space Cherry – For those who want something unexpected and unique, a negative space cherry tattoo is the perfect pick. Its clever use of open spaces adds an interesting touch that will definitely set you apart from the crowd.
Cherry tattoos often symbolize innocence, joy and good luck; however they can also hold much deeper meanings depending on how they are designed or where they are placed.
Typically, the cherry tattoo is placed on areas of the body that are visible such as the arms, back, chest or neck. This placement allows the bright colors of the cherries to really stand out and make an impactful statement.
Additionally, some people opt for more subtle placements such as their ankles or wrists which adds an interesting dynamic to the overall look. You can take more inspiration from our photo gallery below that has all the popular cherry related tattoo designs for men and women:
Old School Cherry Tattoo
Realistic Cherry Tattoo
Also Read Marigold Tattoo
Black Cherry Tattoo
Matching Minimalist Cherry Tattoo
If you want a tattoo that can symbolize your identity and beliefs while also representing your sexual appeal than cherry tattoo is the best choice. If you still have confusion then ask your facebook or pinterest followers regarding this. Don’t forget to share this post with them.
References: Cherry Wiki