There are lots of decisions involved before getting your neck tattooed. First of all neck tattoos are not as popular as chest or back tattoos because neck tattoos are visible and you might not want them due to your job-related policies. Secondly, many people considered neck tattoos trashy and believe that this part should be avoided when getting inked. Thirdly neck tattoos are very painful and only a few people can afford them.
If you can overcome all these complications then the final hurdle is to choose the best and most attractive neck tattoo design for yourself. Worry not as we have select 50 amazing neck tattoo designs that will suit both men and women –
Back of Neck Tattoos
1. Honestly, I don’t recommend large size tattoos on the neck but if the tattoo design is as majestic as this bug tattoo then go for it.
2. Back neck tattoos are more popular then front neck or side neck tattoos. A very common tattoo design for back neck is the eye tattoo design.
3. This beautiful deer tattoo design will suit people who have a long neck. This girl sure doesn’t have a long neck and design is hidden behind hairs.
4. For boys, one of the most beautiful and attractive neck tattoo designs would be to try a girl portrait tattoo. Try it on side neck and you will have a very awesome tattoo on your body.
5. Anchor tattoos mainly suit those people who are in navy or have a close family member in navy. You can try an anchor tattoo on the neck like this.
Female Neck Tattoos
6. If you want mysterious tattoo design then a cool idea is to try a puzzle piece or a maze tattoo design on the back of the neck.
7. My favorite kind of neck tattoos is tribal patterns. Here this woman got tattooed with a jaw-dropping tribal pattern on the back of her neck.
8. Another common neck tattoo idea is to try a simple bow tattoo on the back of the neck just like this girl.
9. If you have a cute pet and you love them then I would suggest you opt for a paw tattoo design of your pet (cat or dog) on the side of your neck.
10. This flying birds tattoo design on back neck is beautiful but I would modify it by reducing the total number of birds in it.For sore neck i would recommend these exercise to relieve yourself from pain quickly.
Small Neck tattoo
11. If you ever considered getting a barcode tattoo design then neck is the second best place for it just after wrist.
12. The neck is a very soft part so pain is obvious. You must know about your skin or else your neck tattoo will leave behind a red scar like this.
13. Neck tattoos are an ideal place of small, tiny and subtle tattoo designs. Here is a cute small size cat tattoo on the back neck of this lady.
14. How about trying a Cheshire cat tattoo (from Alice in the Wonderland) with the smile of Joker (inspired by the famous grinning face of Heath Ledger’s character) on the side of the neck?
15. This amazing compass and dreamcatcher tattoo design can be tried on any part of the body but it is giving a unique glow behind the neck.
Cool Neck Tattoos
16. People opt for illusion tattoos on the front of the neck. This face tattoo on front neck is perfect example for this.
17. I don’t know why any person would try a giant mosquito tattoo and that too on the side neck but then again many people admire such designs.
18. An intelligent and creative tattoo artist can come up with really brilliant designs such as this word tattoo design that is linked in the shape of a heart and infinity sign.
19. Cross tattoo designs suits on upper part of body so why not try a cross tattoo with angel wings on neck.
20. You can opt for a tattoo design that starts from the back of your neck and extends up to lower back or to the middle of the back. This elephant tattoo on back neck is a perfect example of it.
Side Neck Tattoo
21. If you are an avid fan of batman just like me then there is no better place to show your inner batman than neck. Get a bat inspired neck tattoo and you will surely fall in love with it.
22. You can either try a spider web tattoo on side neck or a wheel tattoo. A complex dreamcatcher tattoo is also suitable option.
23. If you are a huge fan of tattooing then the neck is a good place to show your art. You can have a neck tattoo that expands up to the middle of the back and on both shoulders like this.
24. Emo tattoos and gothic tattoos are also opted by people. A very good option would be to try a skull tattoo on side neck.
25. Even though this traditional wolf tattoo design on the neck is cool yet I would recommend you to try a tribal wolf tattoo design on the neck.
Mens Neck Tattoos
26. This eagle tattoo design is wrongly placed. It would look way better if the flying eagle is tattooed on the chest with its head shown on the neck and its wing spawning over the collar bone.
27. As I said eye tattoos are always the most recommended choice for neck tattoos. Here is a realistic eye tattoo just below the jaw bone thus giving a scary impression.
28. Another commonly suggested neck tattoo idea is to try a design that starts behind the ear and expands up to the neck just like this feather tattoo.
29. If you want to leave a long lasting impression on people then try the neo-tribal armor tattoo on neck. It would extend up to the chest but you will surely love it.
30. Here is a creative tattoo design that would look cool on any part of the body. The artist inked a moon and butterfly tattoo but just used flower patterns.
Lips Tattoo On Neck
31. Is this the Hammer of Thor – Mjohinir? I am not sure but this surely is a really cool neck tattoo idea.
32. Now here is a creative neck tattoo design where the artist inked a hand that is tattooed itself with various designs. Do you think it’s trashy?
33. Don’t say me that you never wished to have a fan tattoo? You wished to get tattooed with the quote from your favorite TV or movie series just like this woman.
34. Anatomical heart tattoos look more meaningful if they are linked right above the heart/chest. However, you can also try them on other body parts including the neck.
35. Even though it is a jaw-dropping design of a lion tattoo in Native American attire yet I don’t like it on side of the neck. It will look better on back neck.
Skull Neck Tattoos
36. You can try temporary neck tattoos to see how they look. A good idea is to try watercolour tattoos on neck.
37. There are many cool neck cover up tattoos but I would suggest you opt for an animal tattoo on the neck because they will look suitable.
38. Another perfect choice for neck tattoos is the musical notes of tattoos. You can accompany them with small size star tattoos.
39. If you want to scare your girlfriend or wife or even your kids then I would suggest you get inked with a lizard tattoo on your side neck.
40. You will find many tribal sketches and paintings on Tumblr, Pinterest, BuzzFeed, and DeviantArt. You can choose among them for your neck tattoo.
Full Neck Tattoos
41. Is that a message in the bottle? Or a lighthouse in the bottle? Or am I just imagining things?
42. Honestly, this is a brilliant and scary tattoo idea. A realistic snake tattoo on the neck might make you a victim of unwanted slaps from friends and family.
43. A brilliant side neck tattoo idea for girls would be to try a chrysanthemum tattoo design. Here is a large size chrysanthemum flower tattoo on neck.
44. This golden bow tattoo design on the back of the neck is made even more attractive by the addition of a quote on its laces.
45. Ship tattoo design might not suit everyone’s neck as they will be very painful. Try them if you are a huge fan of our navy.
Tattoos On Neck
46. If you are madly in love with metal or heavy metal then an obvious tattoo design for you would try a skull tattoo design on the neck.
47. Instead of trying large size tattoos on the neck you can go for small and tiny neck tattoos that are easy to hide just like this.
48. If you opt for a flower tattoo on the neck then there is no need to show its tiny branches or leaves. A lone flower tattoo design would leave more impression.
49. As if skull tattoos are not scary enough you can show a snake moving around it like it is his apartment.
50. And finally, my favorite kind of neck tattoo idea would be to try angel wings on both sides of the neck just like this.
Which neck tattoo design from the above photo gallery you liked the most?