A Monkey tattoo is sure an extraordinary idea that you ought to attempt. Monkeys have been revered in many cultures throughout the centuries as symbols of intelligence, playfulness, and mischief.
It’s no wonder that people are drawn to these clever animals and opt for a monkey tattoo design. From traditional Japanese designs to colorful modern tattoos, there is a plethora of choices for those looking for an unforgettable monkey tattoo.
Monkey Tattoo Ideas
Monkeys are a popular tattoo choice among those who want to express their inner child or have a fun design to show off. Here are some of the most unique and popular Monkey Tattoo Designs:
1. The Traditional Japanese Monkey: This design often includes two monkeys facing each other with one holding a peach or tangerine. It typically symbolizes good luck and long life as according to ancient Chinese legend it was believed that by eating this fruit from paradise, one could live forever.
2. The “See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil” Monkey: This popular design featuring three monkeys covering their eyes, ears, and mouth individually is a classic symbol of caution and wisdom. It usually signifies that what one doesn’t see won’t hurt them, as well as reminding people to think before they speak.
3. The Tribal Monkey: This tattoo typically includes bold black lines and curves creating a primitive-looking monkey. These tattoos are said to represent strength, courage, and determination – perfect for those who are looking for a powerful tattoo design with lots of meaning behind it.
4. The Colorful Cartoonish Monkey: For those who want something cheerful and fun to look at on their skin, a cartoonish monkey (think Curious George or Mojo Jojo) design can be brilliantly shaded and loaded up with the character. It’s perfect for individuals who want a tattoo that expresses their happy and light-hearted nature.
5. The Evil Monkey: This tattoo usually features a menacing, scowling monkey face in profile and is said to represent inner strength and a fearless attitude toward life. These designs are perfect for those looking to express their darker side and show they aren’t afraid of taking risks or facing challenges head-on.
6. The Buddha Monkey: These tattoos often feature a seated monkey surrounded by spiritual symbols such as lotus flowers, clouds, or other religious images. It typically symbolizes enlightenment, peace, harmony, and inner knowledge – perfect for those seeking guidance on their spiritual journey.
7. The Gorilla: For those looking for a more powerful and intimidating animal, the gorilla is an ideal choice. It’s said to represent strength, dominance, and protection – perfect for anyone who wants to show courage in the face of adversity.
8. The Flying Monkey: This design usually includes a monkey soaring through the sky with outstretched wings as if it were flying away from its troubles or towards something better. It typically symbolizes freedom, hope, and limitless possibilities – perfect for those seeking adventure or a new beginning in life.
9. The Skeleton Monkey: This eerie tattoo often features a skeletal monkey with bony hands holding its head up high as if it was still alive despite its plight. It’s said to represent resilience and the power of never giving up – perfect for anyone who has faced tough times but is still standing strong.
10. The Monkey King: This tattoo typically features a monkey dressed in royal attire with a staff or sword in hand. It usually symbolizes bravery and courage – perfect for anyone looking for a design that embodies strength and confidence.
11. Floral Monkey Tattoo: For those looking for something truly special, incorporating flowers into their monkey tattoo can add an artistic edge to their piece. Incorporate flowers into the background, or make them part of the monkey itself. You can even have the monkey holding a flower for an extra special touch.
12. Small Monkey Tattoo: For those looking for something more subtle, a small monkey tattoo might just be a perfect choice. A tiny little primate tucked away in an unexpected spot can bring about some amusement and surprise when seen by others.
13. Outline Monkey Tattoo: Add some whimsy to your look with an outline monkey tattoo. Instead of having it done in solid black, opt for different colors or shades to create a unique look that’s sure to make your design stand out. These are just some of the many ideas for monkey tattoos, so be sure to let your imagination run wild and get creative.
14. Angry Monkey Tattoo: For those looking for an intimidating impression, an angry monkey tattoo is sure to do the trick. Show off your wild side with a fierce expression, either filling up the entire piece or appearing only as part of it. This can be quite a bold statement.
Monkey Tattoos Meanings and Symbolisms
Monkey tattoos can also be associated with curiosity and intelligence, or even mischievousness.
Depending on the type of monkey chosen for the tattoo design, it could be a symbol of good luck and protection, or it could represent an individual’s free spirit and connection to nature.
Monkeys have been known to symbolize playfulness, resourcefulness, and adaptability in many cultures throughout history. They are considered symbols of unity in some African cultures, while some believe that they represent good luck and fertility.
In Chinese culture, monkeys are seen as symbols of power and strength. A monkey tattoo can also be used to symbolize emotions like joy and enthusiasm, as well as determination and perseverance.
Now without any further ado let’s take a quick look at the finest monkey tattoo designs that you can try. These designs will suit both men and women:
Chimp Tattoo Design
Dotwork Monkey Tattoo
Also Read Beach Tattoo
Traditional Monkey Tattoo Design for Half Sleeve
Realistic Big Ape Tattoo
Regardless of what kind of monkey tattoo you pick, it will be an extraordinary expansion to your skin. With so many choices accessible, you can find something that impeccably communicates your character and addresses your extraordinary soul.
References: Monkey Wiki