Disney Princess tattoos can be an excellent way to show off your appreciation for these beloved and strong Disney female characters while also expressing your values and beliefs through symbolism.
Cautionary Warning- Consider carefully what meaning each design holds before permanently inking it onto your skin. This Is because people often troll others for getting such tattoos.
Disney Princess Tattoo Ideas
Here are 17 ideas that we liked the most and also included in our photo gallery:
1. Cinderella’s Carriage: The iconic glass slipper carriage has become an ever-popular design choice for those looking to pay homage to one of Disney’s most beloved princesses. Whether you opt for the full carriage or just the silhouette, it’s sure to make a royal statement.
2. Snow White’s Apple: One of the most iconic symbols from Snow White’s story, the poisoned apple has become a favorite design choice for many Disney fans. Whether you choose to opt for a realistic version or a more stylized design, it’s sure to be an eye-catching piece.
3. Ariel and Flounder: This classic image of Ariel riding atop her trusty sidekick Flounder is a great choice for Little Mermaid fans looking to commemorate their favorite character. It can also be adapted into smaller designs like finger tattoos or ankle bracelets.
4. Sleeping Beauty’s Castle: The castle from Sleeping Beauty is one of the most recognizable images in all of Disney lore and makes for an amazing tattoo design. Whether you choose to go for a black-and-white version of the original or a full-color rendition, it’ll be sure to be a showstopper.
5. Belle & The Beast: For those seeking to immortalize their adoration for the timeless Disney tale, Beauty and the Beast, this iconic scene stands as an exceptional choice.
6. Jasmine: For the brave soul, a tattoo of Jasmine floating on her carpet with her pet tiger Rajah is perfect and pays homage to an iconic scene from Aladdin. Make sure your design includes the magical lamp.
7. Mulan: A popular choice for Disney fans who are looking for a more subtle princess tattoo is Mulan’s symbol of strength and courage. This could take the form of a flower, butterfly, Chinese characters, or even just a stylized portrait of the heroine herself.
8. Tiana: If you are looking for something that celebrates culture as well as beauty then think about getting a tattoo of Princess Tiana. She was the first African-American Disney princess and it is only fitting that her image be honored with an exquisite design. From Mardi Gras beads to lily pads, there are plenty of elements to draw inspiration from when creating a unique tribute to her.
9. Pocahontas: Another great way to showcase your devotion to Disney’s strong female characters is with a Pocahontas tattoo. A portrait of the beautiful Native American princess surrounded by nature could be done in vibrant colors or just black ink for those who prefer something more minimalist.
10. Rapunzel: Tangled fans will love this idea. A tattoo featuring Rapunzel with her iconic long blonde hair is a must for Disney princess devotees. You could also get imaginative and incorporate the floating lanterns from her movie in your design.
11. Merida: Brave’s courageous heroine makes an excellent choice for anyone interested in getting a Disney princess tattoo. A simple portrait of Merida with her signature red curls or something more elaborate featuring an image of her shooting arrows could be just what you need to show off your appreciation for strength and independence.
12. Moana: For those who prefer a more spiritual take on their Disney tattoos, consider Moana. Her connection with nature, the ocean, and Polynesian mythology makes her an ideal subject for ink artwork that captures adventure and mystery all at once.
13. Belle: If you are a fan of Beauty and the Beast, then why not honor your favorite Disney princess with an image of her looking into the enchanted rose? This tattoo design would be perfect for anyone who loves classic fairytales and appreciates true beauty on the inside.
14. Elsa: For those who are drawn to Frozen’s powerful female characters, getting a tattoo of Queen Elsa is an obvious choice. Her iconic ice palace or snowflake designs make beautiful tattoos that will last a lifetime.
15. Anna: Last but certainly not least, Princess Anna from Frozen deserves to be honored with her unique tattoo design too. A portrait of her holding hands with Kristoff (or Olaf.) is a great way to show your admiration for her courage and determination.
16. “Part of Your World”: A great design choice for Ariel fans, this quote pays homage to one of The Little Mermaid’s most memorable songs and serves as an inspiring reminder that our dreams are possible if we reach out and follow them with enough courage.
17. Mulan’s Sword: A fan favorite among many Disney devotees, this iconic sword pays tribute to one of Disney’s strongest female characters and makes for an amazing tattoo design.
Disney Princess Tattoos Meanings and Symbolisms
While each tattoo may have its unique meaning, there are some common themes seen throughout these designs. Here is a list of some of the most meaningful Disney princess tattoos and their associated meanings:
1. Cinderella: The iconic character of Cinderella symbolizes resilience in the face of adversity, inner strength, and hope. A tattoo featuring her may represent your determination to overcome any obstacle standing in your way or stay hopeful in difficult times.
2. Aurora: Aurora’s story is all about embracing your true identity and finding yourself despite others trying to control you. A tattoo with her image can be a reminder to embrace who you are.
3. Ariel: The Little Mermaid is all about finding the courage to take risks and follow your dreams no matter what anyone else has to say. A tattoo featuring her can signify your commitment to taking chances and living life on your terms.
4. Belle: Beauty and the Beast is a story of true love, sacrifice, and learning how to look beyond appearances. A tattoo with Belle may represent inner beauty, unconditional love, or the importance of seeing people for who they truly are beneath their exterior.
5. Jasmine: Aladdin’s Princess Jasmine is a free-spirited young woman who champions justice and equality for all people regardless of their gender or social status. Her tattoos symbolize freedom, equality, and standing up for what’s right.
6. Snow White: The Seven Dwarfs is a story about kindness and friendship. A tattoo featuring Snow White may represent your belief in the power of love and friendship to overcome any obstacle or trial you may face in life.
7. Mulan: Mulan is all about courage, staying true to one’s self, and the importance of defending those you care about no matter the cost. A tattoo with her image can signify strength and fearlessness in the face of adversity.
8. Pocahontas: Representing courage, strength of spirit, and a connection to nature.
If you still have not decided which Disney Princess tattoo to get then dive into our photo gallery. Take a look at some of the finest body art:
Neo Traditional Disney Princess Tattoo
Disney Princess Crown Tattoo
Also Read Black Panther Tattoos
Beauty and the Beast Tattoo
Disney Princess Quote Tattoo
It does not matter which Disney princess you choose for your tattoo, it will surely serve as a reminder that even when life gets tough, we can still find hope and resilience within ourselves to keep going. If you liked this post then kindly share it on Facebook and Pinterest.
References: Disney Princess Wiki