Deer are beautiful and majestic animals, with a unique blend of strength, agility, and grace. They have long been revered by Native Americans as symbols of intelligence and intuition, making them a perfect choice for anyone who wants to incorporate that symbolism into their body art.
Deer Tattoos Meanings and Symbolisms
You’ll find several different meanings for deer tattoos, depending on the culture. In Western cultures, a deer tattoo is often associated with femininity and gracefulness.
Additionally, many people associate them with maternity or motherhood because of their size and appearance – but this can be associated with their gentleness as well. This meaning comes from another observation that people have made about deer tattoos: they are very gentle creatures that are rarely seen in aggressive behavior or actions (due to simply being too small).
But it’s not only in Western cultures where you’ll see the symbolism behind these animals; they were revered by other ancient civilizations as well. For example, some Asian cultures view them as symbols of courage and strength, while Native American cultures view them as guardians of the forest.
Additionally, these tattoos can sometimes point to a person’s spiritual side. They have been used in many different religions, including Christianity and Hinduism – which shows just how deeply ingrained they are within some cultures.
Deer Tattoos Designs
Whether you’re looking for something small and simple or a larger design that covers your entire back, there’s sure to be a deer tattoo out there that perfectly captures the spirit of this incredible animal. Here are some ideas that you can consider
1. The Headshot: A gorgeous black and white deer tattoo is a great way to incorporate your love of this beautiful animal into your body art. The fact that it is so simple and minimalist in design allows it to work well with any outfit, making it the perfect choice for anyone who wants something easy-to-wear and a true reflection of their style.
2. The Lifeline: A Deer’s life is always considered expendable and it is always in danger. A minimalistic deer tattoo that incorporates stunning geometric elements into its design can perfectly show this fact. If you are looking for a piece that can be worn every day but still make a statement, this may be just what you are looking for.
3. Try a triptych tattoo that features three distinct designs centered around a common theme – the majestic deer – making it a great option for anyone who wants to show off their interest in this incredible animal. The three different pieces can be worn separately as well, giving you plenty of options when it comes to accessorizing your look.
4. A Black and White option for a deer tattoo is always classic, simple, and yet so elegant. The stark contrast between the black and white ink can make a deer pop out at the viewer while remaining minimalistic enough to wear every day. If you are looking for something that won’t take up too much space on your body but will give you a real sense of style, this may be just what you are looking for.
5. The Deer and Skull: For those looking for a tattoo that is equal parts creepy and beautiful, the deer skull tattoo may be exactly what you are looking for. The abstract design of the skull itself provides a perfect canvas for showing off this incredible animal in all its glory, making it a great option for anyone who wants to add an edgy touch to their body art collection.
6. The Stag: When someone mentions the word “deer” most people immediately think of the graceful doe rather than the masculine stag; however, in many Native American cultures they were revered equally and often used as symbols of strength and power. A Stag can be a stunning piece that can capture masculine symbolism with its color palette and expert use of negative space, making it sure to draw attention wherever you go.
7. The Mythical Creature: For those looking for something more fantasy-inspired, a magical unicorn/deer hybrid is a perfect choice.
8. The Stag Headdress tattoo was worn by many native American and Nordic cultures. It is still relevant and you can proudly wear it.
9. The Deer Skull: Another piece that manages to capture the spirit of the deer without seeming too literal about it is a deer skull tattoo.
10. You can get inspired by Van Gogh or any other artist from medieval art and try a deer tattoo based on their designs.
11. The Antler: Most people associate deer with their delicate beautiful antlers but most often these extensions push them toward death. An antler tattoo design will represent that you understand beauty can bring glory and it can bring death too.
12. The Deer Tail: The rarest tattoo that you can wear is a deer tail. This would particularly suit ladies as the deer tail represents feminism and sensuality.
13. A Couple Of Bucks: Siblings can wear matching bucks tattoos as this would symbolize how unity and brotherhood can help anyone to win against all odds.
14. A Wounded Stag: Such tattoo choice can be disturbing as it represents failure, submission, and death. However, if done correctly then it can also represent a fighting spirit.
Now check out our favorite deer tattoo designs in the photo gallery below that incorporate all the ideas mentioned above along with some unique designs too
Deer Antler Tattoos
Stag Floral Tattoos
Also Read Bodybuilding Tattoo
Deer Bambi Tattoos
Deer and Wolf Tattoo Idea
If you are looking for a design that can play double-duty as both body art AND an awesome piece of statement jewelry then a Deer tattoo is a perfect choice. You can also ask your Facebook friends and Pinterest Followers about this.
References: Deer Wiki