Most tattoo artists suggest that cover up tattoos design need to be meaningful because sometimes there is a larger tattoo design to cover up and you do not have enough imagination left. Cover up tattoo designs are not just meant for covering up tattoos that went wrong but also to cover up birthmarks and other skin rashes.
Here we have chosen 150 beautiful scar cover up tattoos designs for men and women with before and after pictures –
tattoo cover up sleeve
1. This tattoo design might look easy to cover up but trust me it will require a skillful hands to beautify this tattoo design.
tattoo touch up
blast over tattoo
messed up tattoos
wrist tattoo cover up
tattoo cover up tape
2. Ask your tattoo artist to first draw the outline around your unwanted tattoo. You can help the artist by giving him an ideal tattoo design of your choice.
3. On the left side, you can see a tattoo gone wrong but on the right side, you can see how beautifully the tattoo artist covered up the ugliness of the original tattoo.
4. Color is most important in a cover up tattoo design so choose your color wisely.
5. Many tattoo artists are so talented that they not only cover up the failed tattoo but also modify it to be a part of much larger and beautiful tattoo design.
6. Sometimes you do not want to hide the ugly tattoo on your body. In such cases, you have to choose a design where the later tattoo looks way better and attractive than the wrong tattoo.
7. As a tattoo artist I love cover up tattoos because I can then make ugly tattoos like this turned into something beautiful like that.
8. An ugly tattoo with dark shade or dark color is hard to redo or cover up but with proper planning a good tattoo artist can design a beautiful cover up tattoo over it.
9. So Walter got his name tattoo cover up with a beautiful koi fish tattoo design on his back. Personally I do not think you should cover up a name tattoo.
10. It might look like as a work in progress tattoo but in reality it a badly designed wolf tattoo which is later excellently covered up with a majestic wolf tattoo. My favorite kind are cover ups.
11. I do not understand the need of covering up a small size tattoo with a large size tattoo but if you come across a beautiful design as this then go for it.
12. I will call this rose tattoo design improved with a better design. For many, the pictures on the left side will also look attractive but the one on the right improved the beauty of this rose tattoo.
13. So did the tattoo artist improved the beauty of this Dolphin tattoo with a cover up or did the artist ruined the original tattoo?
14. This tattoo perfectly sums up the need and beauty of a cover up tattoo. The artist made the ugly looking star tattoo into a glorious rose tattoo.
15. In some cases I would not recommend you a cover up tattoo but instead I would suggest you to get the tattoo removed with a laser.
16. Another beautiful example of how a cover up tattoo can change the look, feel and meaning of a previous tattoo design.
17. As I said earlier coloring is important in a cover tattoo and it can give a new aspect to the original tattoo design.
18. Sometimes the tattoo artist cannot cover up the whole tattoo design and in such cases you might require to get few bits or parts of the original tattoo removed via laser.
19. Personally I think that the moon tattoo could have been improved with a better dreamcatcher tattoo design but still it is a good cover up tattoo.
20. The most fun tattoos to be covered up are quote tattoos because the artist is free to make any design.
21. Tribal designs are best for cover up tattoos and here is a good example of it.
22. I never recommend a head tattoo to my customers because the beauty of the face is ruined by it.
23. So the geometric symbols tattoo on the left side was made into a beautiful rose tattoo on the right side.
24. It is hard to cover up a black tattoo because of the dark color so I would recommend using blue color with it as it improves the design.
25. The sun or the solar flare tattoo on the left hand side looks good but it is made epic by the cover up Panther tattoo.
26. In this cover up tattoo the tattoo artist covered up the birth mark on the hand of this girl with a beautiful tattoo design.
27. Again a simple music tattoo design is improved into a good leaf tattoo design. Plant tattoo works better as cover up tattoos.
28. I don’t know why the person added a quote in the feather tattoo but the tattoo artist smartly covered up the tattoo design.
29. We all write name of our loved one on our arms or chest and we often regret it. This is where a beautiful cover up tattoo design comes in play.
30. You can use white ink to change the design or look of the other color design. Here is a beautiful example of such design.
31. If you have a small size tattoo design that you want to cover up than pick up another small tattoo design. Do not go for this.
32. I always prefer a tattoo design that uses red color because not only this color is attractive but also meaningful.
33. The Problem with back tattoos is that you do not know if your tattoo is looking good or not. Therefore you need a good cover up artist for back tattoos.
34. It is boring to cover up an ugly tattoo with same design but if you have decided to go for it then please add colors to it.
35. If I was the tattoo artist here then I would have redesigned this tattoo in the form of Samurai or PEKKA (from Clash of Clans Game).
36. Some colors in tattoos fade away with time so make sure that you use a good color so that your cover up does not go to waste.
37. The falling leaf in this flower tattoo holds a special meaning. You too can have unusual and unique cover up tattoo design for yourself.
38. Again I will say that you have to choose your tattoo color wisely or else you might need another tattoo to cover it up.
39. So this guy covered up his butterfly tattoo design with a fake and temporary tattoo design. It work for short term but for long term benefit choose permanent tattoos.
40. Here is how a small size flower tattoo is covered up with a large size flower tattoo.
41. The Indian Naaga tattoo design in this picture is covered up by a mythical chinese snake tattoo.
42. This boy might have regretted this fairy tattoo design a lot. Never go for a sad or depressing tattoo design.
43. I would have preferred a dragon tattoo as cover up here but this raven tattoo looks good too.
44.This arrow tattoo design was beautifully covered up with an eagle tattoo design, there was no need to add a silhouette.
45. Here Again a poor choice of tattoo for cover up. But a brilliant color chose to cover up an ugly tattoo design.
46. Although this cover up flower tattoo design looks beautiful but the blue color will fade away sooner and thus it will be worthless.
47. Never add Name initials to your tattoo design because you will surely want them to be covered up one day.
48. If you look closer you will see two beetles in the progress tattoo but in the final tattoo design there is just one beetle.
49. I am amazed with the color choice of this beautiful cover up tattoo. It will fade away but it is worth it.
50. This girl took the right decision to cover up her small flower tattoo design with a larger one.
So which cover up tattoo design you liked the most and why?