If you are looking for inspiration for your next tattoo, cherub tattoos are a great choice. Cherubs (also known as “putti”) are traditionally depicted as angels that have wings and wear little clothes.
They symbolize innocence, purity, fertility, love, and protection. People of all different religions, including Christianity and Catholicism, often wear cherub tattoos.
Religious tattoos are typically focused on symbols and images that carry significant meaning in various spiritual traditions. Some common examples include representations of deities such as angels or saints, holy icons such as crucifixes or rosaries, scripture passages, or other sacred symbols such as labyrinths or mandalas.
Cherubs are no exception, however, their popularity is on the rise and these designs might become the next big thing on social media.
Cherub tattoo Designs
There are many other cherub tattoo designs to choose from. While some people opt for simple designs that include only the outline of an angel’s figure in black and white ink, others prefer more elaborate illustrations with bright colors, flashy backgrounds, or even 3D elements.
Some common cherub tattoo ideas include:
1. A small angel with a trumpet or harp on its back or chest. This is sometimes paired with the phrase “praise the lord” written below it in cursive script.
2. Little angels holding up an anchor or cross between their hands or feet to represent faith and hope.
3. A full angel with a beautiful, flowing gown sitting on its knees and playing a trumpet or harp. This is sometimes paired with other religious symbols like the dove, cross, or rosary beads.
4. A full angel wearing armor while holding a sword and shield up in the air symbolizes protection from evil spirits. Some people use this tattoo as a memorial for someone they’ve lost in their life who has passed away from illness or disease.
5. A colorful putti flying through the air carrying a heart or having their arms spread open wide to symbolize love and mercy towards others.
6. A cherub with rainbow-colored wings flying across your back in full color would be the design of your life. If you are interested in getting a large piece of art tattooed on your back, this design is sure to wow and impress.
7. A cherub holding the scales of justice in its hands, surrounded by roses and other flowers will be perfect for those who love following rules. This striking piece may look complex at first glance, but it includes lots of elements that are relatively easy to replicate once you learn how everything comes together.
8. A couple flanking a heart-shaped halo, surrounded by clouds and rose vines can be an ideal matching tattoo design. If you love the symbolism of cherubs in romantic relationships, this one is sure to catch your eye.
9. A traditional-style cherub with a halo, wings, and a flowing gown standing on top of a scroll that features various important quotes about life or morality. This bold design is perfect for those looking for an inspirational tattoo idea.
10. How about two cherubs sitting at opposite ends of a table holding up swords that cross over each other in the center – but they aren’t fighting; they seem to be protecting each other somehow instead. This striking design is perfect for those who enjoy complex designs that evoke hidden meanings.
11. Opt for a traditional-style cherub with flowing hair and delicate wings. This classic design is perfect for those who prefer simple designs that still evoke a sense of timeless beauty.
12. You can also try a delicately detailed design featuring two cherubs interacting as one sits on the other’s shoulders. This whimsical design is perfect for anyone who loves to inject a bit of fun into their ink session.
13. Another cool option is a detailed, colorful cherub with a butterfly in its hands. This striking image is sure to impress at first glance and will offer up plenty of visual interest when viewed more closely as well.
14. A classic design would be to opt for a bold black-and-white tattoo showcasing two cherubs interacting with each other and playing musical instruments. If you love bold designs, this one is sure to please.
15. One of our favorite (and unique) idea would be a tiny cherub holding a pair of wings beneath the words “Follow your dreams” or “Love” written in cursive script on the inside of your wrist or another similarly small area of your body. This small design is perfect for those who want a subtle tattoo that conveys an important message or meaning.
Cherub Tattoos Meanings and Symbolisms
A cherub tattoo can have a variety of different meanings, depending on the person who is getting it and the culture or subculture it belongs to. For example, in some religious traditions, such as Christianity, cherubs are believed to be heavenly beings that are sent by God to keep watch over humans and protect them from harm.
In other contexts, however, cherubs may simply represent innocence or purity. This could be because they typically appear as young children with wings and halos. Some people might get a cherub tattoo to symbolize their youthful energy and life force. Others might see this image as representing beauty, love, and kindness – either toward others or toward themselves.
Some people might be looking for something beautiful and lighthearted to adorn their bodies with, while others may have religious connections to the idea of cherubs and angels. And still, others may simply find certain cherubic features (such as wings) interesting or inspiring.
In general, though, it seems that many people associate cherub tattoos with good, positive energy. These designs can often be seen as a symbol of hope and happiness, or of purity and innocence – characteristics that many people wish to embody in their own lives.
Some people even choose to get these designs inked onto their skin as a reminder to themselves to always try to stay optimistic and keep a positive outlook on life, no matter what challenges they may face.
And others might just find certain elements of the cherub image, such as its flowing hair or wings, aesthetically pleasing and want to incorporate it into their style. Ultimately though, whichever reason someone has for choosing cherub tattoos, it’s clear that these designs are here to stay and will continue to be popular well into the future.
You can even opt for a temporary tattoo if you don’t want a long-term commitment or aren’t quite ready for something permanent.
Regardless of the meaning behind a cherub tattoo, it can be a meaningful symbol that expresses individuality and creativity. If you are interested in getting one, there are many different styles to choose from, with options ranging from tribal designs to more modern and abstract works of art.
Take a look at our photo gallery below and you will understand how beautiful these designs are
Cherub Angel Tattoo
Traditional Tattoo of Cherub aka Putti
Also Read Avengers Tattoos
Cherub Couple Tattoos
Cute Tattoos Of Cherub
If you are considering getting a cherub tattoo for yourself, just remember that the design choice is completely up to you – it’s your body and your skin, after all. And whatever reason or message you decide to put into your cherub tattoo, know that there are many others out there who may feel the same way and choose a similar design. This is why we suggest you share your favorite design with your online friends and ask what they think about it.
References: Cherub Wikipedia