21. There are several minor details in day of the dead tattoos that can change the whole look of your tattoo. Such as, you can show the jaw bone of the girl instead of sewing her lips in the tattoo design.(Wing tattoos with meaning)
22. Instead of opting a large size day of the dead tattoo you can go for a small one. Here is a small day of the dead tattoo that shows the hairs of the girl too.
23. Another cool approach is to try the blackwork or neo tribal day of the dead tattoo where the artist uses solid thick black ink to make a magnificent tattoo like this.
24. How about mixing up two cultures, like, imaging a native American female chief in the day of the dead face makeup. Here is one tattoo perfectly depicting it.
25. Usually artist show only face of the girl in day of the dead tattoos and it is mostly expression less. But you can opt for an expressive tattoo and also can show other parts of body such as hands.
26. You can also have a temporary day of the dead tattoo design. You can either try a watercolour day of the dead tattoo or a pastel tattoo.
27. If you are a religious person then you should add a cross tattoo design too to your day of the dead tattoo and it must match with the whole design.
28. There are many horror movies and TV shows that gives inspiration for unique day of the dead tattoos. For example this tattoo seems to be inspired from the Walkers shown in the HBO tv series Game of Thrones.
29. You can give a legit look to your day of the dead tattoo by trying a biomechanical design. Here is a biomechanical day of the dead tattoo on the forearm of this boy.
30. Day of the dead tattoos are usually dedicated to the deceased family members or friends. So how about showing them wearing their job uniform in the tattoo design?