Are you looking for the best tattoo pen machine? If yes, this post is for you. In the last few cycles, you may have witnessed a sudden surge in the popularity of pen tattoo machines. The tattoo artists in the past were using traditional tattoo guns which were bigger in size. However, the tattoo tech ecosystem has evolved. Tattoo artists these days do not have to carry heavier tattoo pens to find hassles in creating tattoo arts. No more complications with these new tattoo pen machines. These pen machines are incredibly portable and offer ease in making tattoos.
Further, the choosing of tattoo pens is one of the significant considerations for tattoo artists. The best tattoo pen machines also reduce the stress of creating tattoo arts. With the help of advanced tattoo machines, tattoo artists can express their skills more smoothly. However, the creation of new gadgets also leaves a hassle of choosing the best one. For instance, innovation pushes every brand to bring out the best tattoo pen machines. The combining elements in the tattoo pen machines may create the best bidding tattoo pens but leave you in trouble choosing the best one.
In this buying guide, you are going to explore the best ten tattoo pen machines that best suit the tattoo techs. It is needless to address that tattoo pens from different innovators indulge distinct characteristics. However, the professionals here have handpicked some of the best tattoo pens that are great for professional use. Thus, explore the best instruments to offer justice to your art form. But, if you are in a hurry, here are our top recommendations.
|Hawink Rotary Tattoo Machine with German FAULHABER Motor and Aircraft Aluminum Alloy Carved Short...||560 Reviews||$180.99||Buy on Amazon|
|FK Irons Spektra Xion Tattoo Machine||3 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
||Dragonhawk Tattoo Machine Kit Rotary Tattoo Pen Gun Kit 20Pcs Tattoo Cartridges Needles Foot Pedal...||4,823 Reviews||$84.99 $79.99||Buy on Amazon|
Reviews of 10 Best Tattoo Pen
1. Hawick Rotary Tattoo Machine
The operations are flawless to achieve. Professionals tested this pen tattoo machine and found incredible results. This is a machine from the CNC brand and offers a flawless user experience. The enclosure comes with an air-crafted aluminum alloy that makes it more attractive. The German-engineered motor offers a powerful performance. Besides, it is super quiet and offers you maximum stability.
The appearance of the machine is sleek. It supports tattoo artists in getting a great holding position. The machine also comes with all supported tools to offer you the best performance. Professionals love this machine over another choice, as it is the most silent and vibration-free tattoo pen. The stitch frequency in the tattoo pen machine is 25-160 HZ.
- Lightweight design
- Offers maximum stability
- Noise-free operations
- Easy to maintain
- May offer skin irritation to reacting skin
- Overheats after 10V
- Hawink tattoo pen machine is carved by aircraft aluminium alloy enclosure. 35mm aluminium alloy sleeve.Rotary pen tattoo machine with German FAULHABER Motor,strong power, super stable,Pretty quiet - low noise, it is quite easy to master.
- Hawink hybird tattoo pen is designed to give you the closest feeling to the actual pen. This machine features a powerful motor and exquisite appearance,Light weight, super stable, It is the first choice for tattoo artists.
2. FK Irons Spektra Xion Tattoo Machine
The next one on the list is another great tattoo pen machine. The machine is from the brand FK irons. This brand has been manufacturing gold standard tattoo machines since 2007. This exclusive machine comes with a 6-watt motor that offers you optimal torque for tattooing on your client’s skin. Besides, the machine is lighter in weight, which makes it more preferable to use.
Further, the machine may be lighter in weight, but the durability is invincible. The outer shell of this machine offers you military-grade durability. The grip that users get in this pen machine is 40 mm; this offers greater control on the tattoo pen machine. The stroke wheels of the tattoo machine are interchangeable and offer you 3.2 mm and 3.7 mm strokes.
- 6-watt motor designed to offer optimal torque
- The weight is negligible
- Offer interchangeable stroke wheels
- Ergonomic grip
- Heats up beyond 7 V
- The machine offers vibration that may be negligible
See Also: Top 10 Best Tattoo Practice Skins
3. Dragonhawk Mast Pen Rotary Tattoo Machine
This tattoo pen comes with a kit that offers great help to the tattoo artist. The pen machine is extremely lighter in weight. It is about 0.3 pounds and feels like using an actual writing pen. However, the aluminum design is what makes it more attractive. The design of the tattoo pen machine is such that it offers you worry-free tattooing.
This rotary tattoo pen machine is extremely noiseless. However, it offers some vibration while you are using it. At the same time, the puncturing power and the frequency make it more useful. The frequency of the tattoo pen machine is from 55-165 Hz. Several other features make a great choice for creating tattoo arts. The needle position in the machine is also adjustable from 0-4.5 mm.
- Silent operations
- It offers you maximum stability
- Compatible with other brand needle cartridges
- Offers outstanding performance while shading and lining
- Inks don’t come along
- It offers you vibration that may get ignored
- Dragonhawk General Tattoo Kit Advantage: This tattoo pen machine work best with the 2A output Airfoil tattoo power supply, this kit research and build up by our brand pro team, it used in many studios for tattoo & smp. This tattoo power box gives you effortless adjustments with an easy-to-use one touch knob, lightweight and compact; great for traveling artists, easy to wrap, protect, and keep clean
- Customized Tattoo Pen: This tattoo machine features a powerful custom motor and an advanced gear system that guarantees reliable, quiet operation without any vibration. The Mast machine has a working voltage of 6V–9V, ergonomic, lightweight pen-style machine. Pebble modeling. Made of Space Aluminum frame and custom Mast motor. Length: 11.7CM. Weight: 120g
4. Cheyenne Sol Nova Unlimited
Just like the above tattoo pen machines, this pen also has an ergonomic design. It offers you a real pen-like shape. This is quite comfortable to hold and make a tattoo. This machine is a combination of extensive power and easy handling. The pen is exceptionally lightweight but also offers you durability. It is a perfect balance between weight and strength.
Most of its weights shift to the front part of the machine. This helps you achieve optimum control over your machine. Further, the brushless DC motor inside it is another great gem of this machine. It offers you instant ink saturation without making much noise. The machine is also quite gentle on the skin. This allows the client’s skin to heal faster.
- Light in weight
- Front weight shifting allowing greater control
- It offers you a 3.5 mm stroke length
- Ergonomic design
- The battery doesn’t last long
- Sometimes goes dead even within a month of use
5. Spektra Flux Wireless Tattoo Machine (Chromium)
This is yet another great tattoo machine from FK irons. The most robust thing about this machine is it comes with a detachable battery with maximum battery life. The detachable battery enables users to use it wirelessly. The design of the tattoo machine is like a pen that offers you the comfort to hold it. One great thing about the machine is it comes with an interchangeable power source.
Users can change the power source to an auxiliary battery when the actual battery runs out of charge. There is no chance of halting while creating a tattoo. This machine is also Bluetooth-enabled. You can connect the machine to the Dark lab app and control the power supply. The stroke that this machine offers you is 4mm. The 4mm stroke is the best stroke when you are lining in the tattoo.
- Bluetooth-enabled and pairs with DarkLab app
- It offers you 5-12 volts
- Compatible with almost all needle cartridges
- 4mm stroke; perfect for lining
- The grip is not much comfortable
- It offers you heating beyond 10 V
- Direct Drive: 4MM Stroke to line and pack color better
- Bluetooth capability: Pair with Darklab app
6. FK Irons EXO Modular Rotary Tattoo Machine
FK iron is an incredible brand manufacturing a great range of tattoo pen machines. This particular EXO model has two types; This one offers you a 4.0 mm stroke, while the other one offers you 3,2mm. The machine comes powered with the same 9-watt brushless motor. This offers you great noiseless operations. The grip that comes along with the tattoo pen is ergonomic. The grip makes it comfortable to use.
The design of the tattoo machines is just like a writing pen. It is lighter in weight, so the tattoo artists will have no wrist pain while using it. The grip of the machine also comes forward-weighted, offering you maximum stability. The power supply to the machine is traditional and also has RCA cables to power the machine.
- Great design
- It offers you precise grip to gain control
- Forward weighted
- Great for lining with 4.0 mm stroke
- The overall size is thick
- The machine offers you a bit of vibration
7. Kwadron Equaliser Proton Rotary Pen Tattoo Machine
The body of this tattoo pen comes with anodized aluminum. This makes it much lighter in weight. Professionals prefer the machine as it has no vibrations; The advanced gear system makes it noiseless. The users can feel much comfortable holding the tattoo pen. Besides, this tattoo pen is quite versatile. It is compatible with the ink cartridges of all major brands.
The machine works quite transparently, defining all the smallest details. The users who want to achieve a line or even a dot in the tattoo can use this machine. The motor that you get inside it is a 5 Watt motor. The motor may lack power. However, it doesn’t make any impact on the tattoo. The weight of the pen comes balanced. Most of the weight gets changed to the front to offer great stability.
- Ultra-lightweight design
- Offers you noiseless operations
- It offers you precision inlining and dots
- Pop and gurgle sound comes during initial operations
- The weight balance is not as per the design
- Kwadron Equaliser Proton Rotary Pen Tattoo Machine
See Also: Top 10 Best Lasers for Tattoo Removal
8. Cheyenne Tattoo Machine Hawk Pen
The body of the machine is quite glossy and ergonomic. The pen may seem to be sturdy in the look but is not much heavier. Another useful factor about the machine is it is much thinner. The center of gravity gets balanced to the front axis of the machine. This offers you maximum stability. The weight of the machine doesn’t shift to your wrist. Thus, you will have no wrist pain.
The needle stroke that you get along with the machine is 3.5 mm. The grip is easily adjustable and doesn’t require much hassle. The motor of the pen offers you robust operations. The operation is not too soft; however, it doesn’t affect the skin. This pen is best for contouring, sketching, and shading. Moreover, it will offer you a smooth tattooing experience.
- Modern style and ergonomic design
- The machine precisely balances the weight
- Easy to use
- Adjustable needle stroke
- You will get only one grip
- Break down only within a few months of use
- ACTS LIKE A PEN – This innovative design acts like a pen. This is the perfect tattoo machine for your artistic freedom.
- LOWER VIBRATION - Lower vibration and volume than comparable products. A good tattoo machine for both lining and shading.
9. BRONC Premium Quality Rotary Cartridge Tattoo Machine
This machine is going to offer you a great lining and shading as well. The pen offers you a combination of affordability and quality. This incredible machine simplifies the process of making tattoos as it saturates inks easily. The machine comes with a Japanese rotary motor inside. The motor proves to be long-lasting with no power loss. The machine is compatible with almost all cartridges, so replacing the same is simple.
The length of the needle is adjustable. You can change the length with the help of a rotating grip. The motor inside the machine operates quietly without making any noise. The machine exceptionally fits into the hand of the users. This lets you use it with comfort. The overall design of the tattoo pen is like any other pen that offers you great control.
- It offers you great quality performance compared to the price
- It easily adjusts to the user’s hand
- Offers you noiseless operations
- Feels balanced in the hand
- It offers you noiseless but is not the quietest in the market
- The grip diameter is more than any other standard pen
- Warranty service not reliable
- Beginner needs a pedal and power supply
- BRONC PEN Rotary Cartridge Tattoo Machine is Designed to Give You the Closest Feel to an Actual Pen That You can Get with a Tattoo Machine.
- Body: Aircraft Aluminum, Weight: 154g (5.43oz).
10. Ink Machines Scorpion Rotary Tattoo Machine
This machine is innovative and solves many of your hassles. The primary help that you get is it eliminates all the hygiene-related issues in tattooing. The magnetic cartridges don’t come with any additional holes. Thus it eliminates cross-contamination. The clients can get assured about safety and infections. However, the main parts of the machine get exposed to clients that can, later on, be treated.
Again the machine is quite gentle to the skin. The magnetic needle movement allows the consumers to get minimum pain while getting a tattoo. Besides, the machine is much thinner. It is also quite lighter in weight. The needle stroke also comes easily adjustable from the top of the device. There are RCA connectors and clip cord located on the other side. This may offer you a barrier-less power supply.
- Offers you exceptional hygiene safety
- It offers less pain and is gentle on the skin
- It comes with the lowest possible vibrations
- Power connectors are exposed to the user and may cause harm
- Magnetic lock system creates hassle
- Comes with strong red magnet; ideal for tough skin (can be used for needle inspection)
- RCA or clip cord connection
Buying Guide: How to Find the Best Tattoo Pen Machine?
It doesn’t matter if you are a professional or beginner; finding a reliable tattoo machine is one of the most tedious jobs. You need to have all the fundamentals cleared about the tattoo machines to find out the best amongst them. Above this post, you may have discovered the top ten best tattoo pens, but choosing one among them is also decisive. Before buying one of them, you need to know the considerations and aspects to make a better decision.
Here is the buying help that will help you grasp all the vital factors you need to consider while buying your tattoo pen. Before moving on to the buying, here are some aspects in bullet points that you need to consider.
The Aspects that You Need to Consider
- Make a decision, if you want a coil, rotary, or pneumatic configuration.
- Take and grasp a review about all the popular brands and all the top picks.
- Always check out reviews from top professionals who have been in the field for years.
- Always shop from reliable, trusted sellers.
A Detailed Guide and the Factors that You Need to Consider
1. Types of Machine
While choosing a tattoo pen, you will come across three types of tattoo pen machines. It includes the coil, the Pneumatic, and the rotary tattoo pen machine. The coil-type tattoo pen machines are the classic machines that use the alternating electro-magnetic current to move along the coil. This helps the magnet inside the tattoo pen turn on and off instantly.
Another type of machine that you need to consider is the rotary motored machine. The rotary motored machine normally gets power from a small spinning motor. This motor gets attached to an armature that moves the needle to create a tattoo.
Further, the pneumatic tattoo machines are the ones that came back in 2000. These tattoo pens work with the help of pressurized air. The air then gets compressed moves the needle to form the tattoo. The pneumatic tattoo pens are usually the lighter ones, and that is why professionals prefer them.
Thus, the first thing you need to consider is the type of machine you want to buy. You should consider what your use is.
2. Overall Quality
The subsequent thing that you need to consider is the overall quality of the tattoo pen machine. Each machine that you should look for must be of the highest quality. While you offer your services to your consumers, you would never want your tattoo pen machine to break down. That is why you need to check the overall quality of the tattoo pen machine that you are buying.
Further, when the tattoo pen breaks down, it may cause potential damage to your client’s skin. Strength is a vital quality that you need to consider while buying a tattoo pen. The pen should not break from any of its parts. Whether it is its needles or the holding position, the machine should be sturdy.
3. Durability and Comfort
The next most vital thing you need to consider is the durability of the tattoo pen machine, as you have already understood that the durability of the tattoo pen is an inevitable factor. With durability, you can achieve precision in your tattoo art. Durability here means the overall life that the machine offers you. Electronic devices, no doubt, are uncertain.
However, it should give you a decent life when you are buying from a reputed brand. Most of the professionals go with the top picks by selecting the best brand. You should also do the same. Another factor that matters here is checking out the warranty of the tattoo pen machine. This is something that will help you in the long run.
The following thing that you need to consider is the comfort or the ease of use. The ease of use usually is achievable with features. With advanced features for controlling the machine, you will get maximum stability while making tattoo art. An ideal machine with all the features usually eliminates the long sessions of making tattoos.
Performance is another vital factor that you need to measure. Based on the performance, you have to segment the tattoo machines into types. This is because; all types of tattoo pens do not offer you the same performance that you need. The more famous types included in the list when it comes to performance are the coil and the rotary tattoo machines.
Both of these tattoo machines offer you different levels of performance. Further, it also stresses the kind of tattoo that you do. For coloring, shading, and outlining, you will have different expectations in performance.
For a longer duration, the coil tattoo pens ruled when it was about the performance. They offer you a great performance when you are outlining or shading any tattoo art. Even some of the best-known tattoo artists have created the best tattoos of their life using coil machines. The perk that professionals achieve from the coil machine is great stability and control over the process. It offers a great thrust with large needles.
However, with time the professionals are now more inclined towards the rotary tattoo machines. This is because; these machines are faster. They offer you to fill massive areas of skin with color.
The most important perk that you get from the rotary-type tattoo machine is that they are lighter and noiseless. These lightweight machines create less damage to the client’s skin. Thus, if you pick up tattoo machines in terms of performance, rotary machines will help you the most.
The next most important aspect is the material of the tattoo pen. The frame of tattoo pens and the material that it offers matter in achieving precision. The tattoo pens made with frames like aluminum are lighter in weight but may not offer you durability. However, on the other hand, iron, steel, brass, and bronze are durable components, but they are heavier in mass.
If you are considering a tattoo pen for the long run, you should always think about a stronger frame of the tattoo pen. This is because; a stronger frame ensures that material won’t break down while creating any tattoo art. This is why the material that you select plays a decisive role.
6. Voltage and Power Source
An ideal tattoo pen will always offer you a great balance between speed and power. The voltage that the machine offers will play a decisive role in the making of tattoos. In the end, it is always about the machine’s power that will hit the skin efficiently to create the tattoo.
If you are going for tattoo pens, you should always choose a machine with auto-regulated voltage. So, when the power supply fluctuates, the machine can easily set the precise voltage to offer a better outcome. The digital power supply in such cases is a great option to choose. The machines with digital power supplies always offer you precision and accuracy.
7. The Size and Shape of the Machine
The last thing that you need to consider is the size and shape of the machine. The tattoo artists express a great form of art when they are comfortable handling the tattoo pen. In such circumstances, you can go for professional review to find out the shape and size that are easy to operate.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is the most advantageous tattoo pen machine to buy?
All the tattoo pens mentioned in the above list are great. However, Cheyenne Sol Nova is the best tattoo pen that you should buy.
2. Should I choose coil type or rotary tattoo machine?
The type of tattoo machine that you choose depends on what are your tattooing needs? For example, shading, outlining, and coloring needs different types of tattoo machines.
3. Is it worth buying expensive tattoo pen machines?
Yes! The expensive ones may offer you an extensive range of features. But what matters the most is getting great stability and control.
4. What should be the ideal budget to spend on tattoo pens?
The cost of the tattoo pen doesn’t matter. It is always about the brand reliability and features that you get. As long as you get what you need, you won’t have to think about the cost.
Keeping it concise, these are the review of the top ten best tattoo machines. Now that you know the best tattoo machine, you should choose the one that suits your needs. However, you should also read the buying guide before you make any decisions. There is a lot of factor and aspects that you need to consider before buying. If you are any more queries or suggestions, you may leave your comment below in the comment section.