A good tattoo artist can design an attractive tattoo by using high-quality inks and needles.
High-quality branded ink will deliver you a bright and shiny tattoo, but the brightness and shine will not last for a long time if you do not take the proper care.
Tattoo aftercare matters most.
Now the question arises, how can you adequately take care of your tattoo?
The simple answer is by using branded and high-quality tattoo aftercare products.
Just after the tattoo, you should start using tattoo aftercare cream, which will help you heal your skin quickly and efficiently.
Harmful sun rays can fade away your tattoo. To be protected from it, you should use a tattoo tanning lotion or tattoo sunscreen.
Those creams are specially made to protect your tattoo’s shine, and brightness with superior technology called tattoo ink fades away technology.
It is also essential to change your soap if you are using the ordinary soap on your tattoo area, then also your tattoo will fade away. You should use special soap made for tattoos.
It will be very challenging for you to choose the best tattoo aftercare product because aftercare creams, tanning lotions, soap, and sunscreens are available from thousands of brands.
For your convenience, we have shortlisted the top 10 best tattoo aftercare products after a week’s comprehensive research.
Our Top Picks for Best Tattoo Aftercare Products
Here is a quick summary for the impatient ones before we begin looking into each of the Best Tattoo Aftercare Products
- Hustle Butter Deluxe – Tattoo Butter for Before, During, After The Tattoo Process
- Viking Revolution Tattoo Care Balm for Before, During & Post Tattoo
- Tattoo Goo The Original After Care Salve
- Tattoo Cream, Tattoo Moisturizer, Made in the USA, Ora’s Amazing Herbal
- Ed Hardy Coconut Kisses Golden Tanning Lotion
- Ed Hardy INK Tattoo & Color Fade Moisturizer Tan Extender 18.75 Ounce
- EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 for Sensitive or Acne-Prone Skin
- Neutrogena Beach Defense Sunscreen Spray SPF 50 Water-Resistant
- 1.7oz Blue Green Foam Soap
- Tattoo Goo Deep Cleansing Soap For Tattoos & Body Piercings
Reviews Of Best Tattoo Aftercare Products
1. Hustle Butter Deluxe – Tattoo Butter for Before, During, After The Tattoo Process
This Hustle Butter Deluxe tattoo cream is an all in one tattoo cream which can be used before, during and after the tattoo. You can start using it a few days before your tattoo in order to make your skin ready.
Talking about the after tattoo effect, this cream will help you heal your tattoo and skin quickly, it will make your skin soft and moisturize it. Make your skin workable, drastically reduce redness, swelling, bleeding and promote healing upon contact.
It is entirely made from skin-friendly ingredients such as Shea, Mango, Aloe butter, Green Tea, Vitamin E Complex, Mint Arvenis Essential Oil, Coconut, Sunflower, Rice Bran oils, Rosemary Oleoresin, as well as the essence of Papaya, Coconut. Not contain any harmful chemicals, absolutely vegan.
We have selected this Hustle Butter Deluxe aftercare cream as the best just because of thousands of recommendations by world renewed tattoo artists. It is also rated as 5 stars on Amazon and all the leading shopping websites.
- Clinically tested certified
- Certified cruelty-free
- Made of natural ingredients
- Heal your skin quickly and efficiently
- Made with vegan ingredients
- Paraben and petroleum-free
- Rated as 5 stars
- No Cons
2. Viking Revolution Tattoo Care Balm for Before, During & Post Tattoo
Viking Revolution Tattoo Care Balm is the other best tattoo care cream, you can use this cream during all the stages of tattooing, before, after and during the tattooing. You can directly apply it to your inked area. This cream not only helps you heal your skin but also moisturizes it.
You can also use this to make your older tattoo bright and shiny, you have to use it continuously for the next few days to see the amazing results. Not need to worry about anything, it is safe to use anywhere on the skin, even on the sensitive body parts.
This tattoo aftercare cream does not contain any harmful chemical. It will speed up the tattoo recovery. One of your clients has recently used it both before and after the tattooing on our recommendation, and he is super satisfied with the results.
We are in the field of tattooing from the last 10 years, and after saying the results, we can rate this cream as one of the best tattoo aftercare creams in the market.
- Moisturizing lotion
- Brightens up older tattooed areas
- Chemical free
- Soothe your healing skin
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Has a non-greasy finish
- No Cons
3. Tattoo Goo The Original After Care Salve
Tattoo Goo is one of the trusted brands when it comes to the best tattoo aftercare cream. This cream will be your natural choice for healing your tattoo, no matter what your skin condition is, it will help you recover from damaged, chapped, scraped, sun or windburned skin.
Tattoo Goo The Original Aftercare Salve is entirely made with herbal ingredients, oil and vitamins which are primarily known for healing properties. Not contain any chemical ingredients which make it safe to use anywhere on the skin. It is petroleum-free, lanolin-free and mineral oil-free.
One of our known using this Tattoo Goo aftercare cream from the last 15 years, he has more than 21 tattoos on the different body parts, and most of them have healed with Tattoo Goo cream. According to him, it is one of the best aftercare creams.
- Natural healing properties
- Soothe the tattoo as it heals
- Lanolin free
- Mineral oil-free
- Made with herbs, oils and vitamins
- Pleasant natural smell
- Rated as 4.9 stars
- No Cons
4. Tattoo Cream, Tattoo Moisturizer, Made in the USA, Ora’s Amazing Herbal
Ora’s Amazing Herbal Cream is an expensive cream than other aftercare creams on the list, but it is worth the price. It is among the most trusted brands when it comes to tattoo care products.
It is entirely made up of their base oil, which will slowly infuse with organic herbs and help your tattoo heal faster.
Contain all the high-quality ingredients like Vitis vinifera infused with Calendula officinalis, Symphytum officinale, Plantago major, Hypericum perforatum, Arctium lappa, Thymus vulgaris, Cocos nucifera, Beeswax, Tocopherol, And Essential Oils Of Rosmarinus officinalis.
This aftercare cream is 100% safe to use and free of lanolin, aloe, parabens, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, wheat, grain, gluten, dyes. Rated as 4.9 stars on Amazon by hundreds of happy customers and tattoo experts.
- Made with our base oil
- Slow infused with organic herbs
- No lanolin, aloe, parabens, mineral oil
- Keep skin healthy and tattoo fresh
- Contain grapeseed oil infused with organic calendula
- The product is perfect, but in delivery, it is quite slow
All the above features 4 are the best tattoo aftercare cream, you can go with any of them. For more information, you can check out another article on Top 10 Best Tattoo Healing Cream & Lotion for Tattoo Aftercare.
5. Ed Hardy Coconut Kisses Golden Tanning Lotion
Ed Hardy Coconut Kisses Golden Tanning Lotion is specially formulated with the modern technology called tattoo fade protecting formula. It will help you keep your tattoo bright and clear for a long time and also radiance the tattoo tanning results.
This tanning lotion will offer you dark and bold tan by stimulating and increasing melanin formation. It contains all the skin-friendly ingredients like coconut milk, coconut oil, and cocoa butter to improve skin hydration. Not have any bronzing agents.
Another good thing about their tanning lotion is its fantastic lotion. It has a light coconut fragrance with the faint scent of vanilla.
- Tattoo fade protecting formula
- Increases melanin formation
- Ultra darkening skin hydrating intensifier
- Improve skin hydration
- Delivers a dark golden tan
- Provide intense, deep skin hydration
- Not contain bronzing agents
- No Cons
6. Ed Hardy INK Tattoo & Color Fade Moisturizer Tan Extender 18.75 Ounce
This is another best tan extender from Ed Hardy. Ed Hardy is one of the best and most trusted brands when it comes to the tattoo aftercare. Talking about this tanning lotion, it contains shea butter which will entirely soften your skin without greasy residue.
It also contains lotus extract, which offers potent anti-ageing benefits along with high levels of antioxidants. Another ingredient called hypoallergenic makes this tanning lotion oil-free and wheat-free.
Ed Hardy INK Tattoo & Color Fade Moisturizer Tan Extender is rated as 4.7 stars on Amazon and all the leading shopping websites across the globe.
- Comes from a trusted brand
- Rated as 4.8 stars
- Powerful anti-ageing benefits
- Oil-free and wheat free product
- Concentrated with Shea Butter, vitamins
- Contain all essential skin nutrients
- No Cons
Tattoo tanning lotion will also help you keep your tattoo shiny and attractive for a long time. You can purchase any one from the above featured two, both of them are prefect. For more information, you can check out our another in-depth article on Top 10 Best Tanning Lotion For Tattoos In 2020.
7. EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 for Sensitive or Acne-Prone Skin
This EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen is the broad-spectrum sunscreen that comes with UVA and UVB protection. Talking about them, UVB rays are the main cause of sunburn and tattoo ink fade, and UVA rays are responsible for skin cancer and premature aging.
It is specially formulated with zinc oxide for the face, but we have tested it on the inked body part, it works excellent. Zinc oxide is the best natural mineral compound.
Zinc makes this sunscreen safe for most sensitive skin types, you can use it without any problem, even on sensitive body parts. It does not contain any harmful ingredients like avobenzone or oxybenzone.
Just check reviews and ratings of this sunscreen on different shopping websites, and you will be shocked. It is rated as 5 stars on Amazon by more than 10000+ happy users. The Skin Cancer Foundation also recommends EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen.
- Recommended by dermatologists
- EltaMD is one of the trusted brands
- Rated as 4.8 stars by hundreds of happy users
- Mineral-based zinc oxide formula
- Best for sensitive or acne-prone skin
- No Cons
8. Neutrogena Beach Defense Sunscreen Spray SPF 50 Water-Resistant
Neutrogena Beach Defense Sunscreen Spray is the fast-absorbing sunscreen spray, it is entirely oxybenzone free and PABA free; it will thoroughly protect your tattoo against sun damage.
This sunscreen is specially formulated with Helioplex sunscreen technology that offers you broad-spectrum protection against skin-aging UVA rays and skin burning UVB rays. This cream will also decrease the risk of skin cancer.
Neutrogena Beach Defense Sunscreen Spray is #1 dermatologist-recommended sunscreen.
- Most selling sunscreen spray
- Superior sun protection
- #1 dermatologist-recommended
- Contains no oxybenzone
- UVA/UVB Protection
- Convenient spray-on format
- Lightweight and oil-free
- No Cons
The sunscreens are entirely responsible for protecting your tattoo from harmful rays of the sun. Both the above features are the most marketed sunscreens on leading shopping websites. For more information, you can check out our another in-depth article on Top 10 Best Sunscreen For Tattoos In 2020.
9. 1.7oz Blue Green Foam Soap
When the product is from H2Ocean, there is no need for introduction or review, all the H2Ocean tattoo aftercare products are safe to use on skin types, chemical-free, and useful.
This 1.7oz Blue Green Foam Soap contains high-quality ingredients like Benzalkonium Chloride, Purified Water, Poloamer 188, Aloe barbadensis Leaf Juice, Disodium EDTA, Salt. It will deeply clean your inked area.
This soap is entirely antibacterial, vegan friendly, and paraben-free. It is rated as 4.7 stars on Amazon.
- Reduces irritation and redness
- Comes from a trusted brand
- Rated as 5 stars
- Vegan friendly
- No Cons
10. Tattoo Goo Deep Cleansing Soap For Tattoos & Body Piercings
Tattoo Goo Deep Cleansing Soap is specially formulated by the best tattoo artist and dermatologists to clean the inked body part better. It will kill more bacteria and spares your skin.
This soap is specially formulated with a slightly acidic pH formula and also contains a key ingredient. It will not just buffer your skin but also provides additional killing power.
Cleaning is not just limited to the upper surface, it is also essential to keep it on a more profound level.
Tattoo Goo Deep Cleansing Soap contains the ingredients called Lauricidin, which is driven from the palm seed extract. This particular ingredient has the molecular structure capable of cleaning your inked area at a deeper level while being gentle on your skin.
- Nutrient-rich skincare with essential oils
- Gentle, fast-acting, infection defence
- Comes from a trusted brand
- Gentle on the skin
- Clean the skin at a deeper level
- No Cons
It is very complicated to choose the best tattoo soap, both above shared are the most recommended tattoo soap. You should check out our other article on Top 10 Best Antibacterial Soaps For Tattoos for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What to avoid after getting a tattoo?
>> Here are the things to avoide,
1. You should cover your tattoo with sunblock for the first 5 to 6 weeks until it’s fully healed.
2. It will be better if you can use a good tattoo healing cream for better and quick healing.
3. After completely healing the tattoo, you should start using a good sunscreen.
4. It will be better if you wear tight clothing over the tattoo.
5. Rather than showers, it would help if you went swimming or immerse your body in water.
2. How long should I keep my tattoo covered?
>> Once done with the tattoo, most of the tattoo artists rub antibacterial ointment and wrap it up. You should keep the tattoo wrapped for 2 to 4 hours.
3. Can you shower after getting a tattoo?
>> Yes, you can shower after getting a tattoo, but it is highly recommended to go swimming or immerse your body in water.
Make sure you wait for 24 hours until getting your new tattoo under a shower.
4. Can you put Vaseline on a tattoo?
>> No, Vaseline is not a practical choice for tattoo aftercare, most of the petroleum jelly trap moisture and bacteria, which will lead to infection. We highly recommend you to go with high quality branded tattoo aftercare care cream.
5. How can I make my tattoo heal faster?
>> Below are the few things that help you heal your tattoo quickly.
1. Protect your tattoo from the harmful rays of the sun; sunlight is detrimental to a fresh tattoo.
2. Do not rebandage your inked area after removing the initial dressing.
3. Use sunblock for the first 5 to 6 weeks, and then after completely healing your tattoo, start using a good sunscreen.
4. Use good tattoo healing cream and tattoo soap.
Those are the top 10 best tattoo aftercare products. Talking about our recommendations, we suggest you go with Hustle Butter Deluxe Aftercare Cream if you search for the best tattoo aftercare cream.
Ed Hardy Coconut Kisses Golden Tanning Lotion is the best tattoo tanning lotion. For sunscreen, we suggest you go with EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 for Sensitive or Acne-Prone Skin.
Not just limited to this, it is also essential to change your soap. When it comes to the best tattoo soap, you can go with Tattoo Goo Deep Cleansing Soap For Tattoos & Body Piercings.
We hope this article on tattoo aftercare products is helpful for you. If the article is helpful for you in any manner, then do share it on social media.
Please stay connected with us for such informative articles.