This article is for you if you are in search of the best tattoo sunscreen.
Sunscreen helps you protect your skin getting tan from harmful rays of the sun. If you have recently done with your tattoo, then you should start using a good sunscreen while going out as soon as the tattoo thoroughly heal.
Sun’s harmful rays not just tan your skin but also affect the shine of your tattoo. With time, your tattoo ink fades away, and your tattoo will become unattractive.
When you start using a tattoo sunscreen, it will protect your skin and tattoo both, your tattoo will remain shiny for a long time.
Sunscreens are available from hundreds of brands, but not all of them are good for inked skin. It will be challenging for you to choose the best sunscreen for a tattoo if this is your first tattoo.
Our team of tattoo aftercare experts has comprehensively researched and shortlisted the best tattoo sunscreens. All the below featured are the best, and experts recommended sunscreens in your market.
You can purchase any of them from all the leading shopping websites, we have also placed the best buy link over there.
- 1 Our Top Picks For Best Sunscreen For Tattoos
- 2 Reviews Of Best Sunscreen For Tattoos
- 2.1 1. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion
- 2.2 2. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Non-Greasy Sunscreen Stick
- 2.3 3. Coppertone Limited Edition ULTRA GUARD SPF 70 Sunscreen Lotion
- 2.4 4. Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen, Sensitive SPF 30+, 5-Ounce
- 2.5 5. CeraVe 100% Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50
- 2.6 6. Tattoo Care Sunscreen – 1.35 Oz UVA UVB SPF 30+ Ointment
- 2.7 7. All Good Sports Butter Stick – Mineral Sunscreen
- 2.8 8. INK-EEZE Ink Shield Sun Screen Spray SPF 50 6 oz.
- 2.9 9. INK-EEZE Ink Shield UVA / UVB Blocking Tattoo
- 2.10 10. H2Ocean Surfers Choice Tattoo Care Sunscreen Spray
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 4 Final Words
Our Top Picks For Best Sunscreen For Tattoos
Here is a quick summary for the impatient ones before we begin looking into each of the Best Sunscreen For Tattoos
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Non-Greasy Sunscreen Stick for Face
- Coppertone Limited Edition ULTRA GUARD SPF 70 Sunscreen Lotion
- Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen, Sensitive SPF 30+, 5-Ounce
- CeraVe 100% Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50
- Tattoo Care Sunscreen – 1.35 Oz UVA UVB SPF 30+ Ointment
- All Good Sports Butter Stick – Mineral Sunscreen
- INK-EEZE Ink Shield Sun Screen Spray SPF 50 6 oz.
- INK-EEZE Ink Shield UVA / UVB Blocking Tattoo SunScreen
- H2Ocean Surfers Choice Tattoo Care Sunscreen Spray
Reviews Of Best Sunscreen For Tattoos
The reason behind keeping this Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion is the recommendation, during our research few world best tattoo artists and dermatologists recommended us this tattoo sunscreen.
Talking about it, this is a lightweight and sheer sunscreen. It will fastly absorb in your skin thanks to dry touch technology, offers you a non-smooth, matte finish, and is formulated with Helioplex for superior sun protection.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion will entirely protect your skin and tattoo. Your skin will not fade away or lose its shine. Another good thing about it is that it will also protect your skin from cancer caused by the sun.
You don’t have to worry about skin irritation or anything else. This lotion only contains skin-friendly ingredients, and it is free of both PABA and non-comedogenic ingredients.
It is available in both spray and stick form and can be used at the pool or in the ocean for up to minutes, which is one of these sunscreens’ main advantages.
- Lightweight & PABA-free
- Non-greasy feel
- Recommended by experts
- It’s a perfect sunscreen, no cons
This is another best sunscreen from Neutrogena. It is formulated with the SPF 70 for lightweight broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection from sun damage. We have also talked with its few users who have recently gotten inked. According to them, this Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Non-Greasy Sunscreen Stick is the perfect sunscreen for the tattoo.
The thing we like about it is it’s non-greasy finish. This is a very lightweight sunscreen. Contain helioplex for superior sun protection. It is not just for sun protection, it will also protect your skin from skin burning UVB rays and skin-aging UVA rays.
Another good thing about it is that this sunscreen will not clog the pores of your skin, it is entirely non-comedogenic and PABA free. Rated as 4.9 stars on all the leading shopping websites across the globe by thousands of happy users.
- UVA/UVB protection from sun damage
- Incorporate SPF
- Helioplex technology
- PABA free and non-comedogenic
- Leaves a non-shiny finish
- No Cons
Coppertone Limited Edition ULTRA GUARD SPF 70 Sunscreen Lotion is the dermatologist-recommended sunscreen for the tattoo. It will thoroughly protect your skin with the help of broad-spectrum formula and also help you keep your tattoo shiny.
This lotion can protect your skin underwater. It can resist water for up to 80 minutes. You will not feel it greasy at all. One of the best things about it is that it will nourish and hydrate your skin with moisturizer and vitamin E, apply it whenever you go out.
You will not face the stains problem with this product. It is a very thick sunscreen, especially great for sensitive skin, and highly recommended for the tattoo.
- UVA/UVB protection
- Nourish and hydrate your skin
- Moisturizers and vitamin E
- Stop up to 98% of damaging UV rays
- Contain Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15% and Octisalate 5%
- No Cons
Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen is one of the top-rated sunscreens on leading shopping websites, not containing any harmful ingredients, entirely safe for your skin, and will protect your tattoos shine for a long time.
Talking about protection, this lotion will protect your skin by acting as a mirror. When you apply it over your skin, it will start reflecting UV rays away before entering your body.
Contain mineral active Zinc Oxide provides true broad-spectrum protection. Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen is entirely paraben-free and fragrance-free, making it the perfect sunscreen for sensitive skin.
It can resist water for up to 40 minutes so that you can stay protected for a long time.
- Contains no Oxybenzone or Octinoxate
- No fragrances or parabens
- Help you stay protected longer
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- Trusted by dermatologists for over 20 years
- No Cons
This CeraVe 100% Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50 will offer you broad-spectrum UV protection, it’s a 100% mineral-based sunscreen, it will reflect all the UVA/UVB rays to protect the skin.
This cream is oxybenzone free, oil-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free, chemical-filter free. It is entirely safe for all types of skin types, even suitable for sensitive skin and kids.
CeraVe is one of the trusted brands. This sunscreen is rated as 4.7 stars on Amazon by happy customers across the globe.
- 100% Mineral-based sunscreen
- Safe for all types of skins
- Allergy-tested non-comedogenic sunscreen
- Contain oxybenzone
- Chemical filter-free
- No Cons
When you start using this Tattoo Care Sunscreen, your tattoo will look crisp and fresh for years to come, but you should use it whenever you go out. It is dermatologically tested safe for all skin types, entirely safe for your skin, non contains any allergens, and completely paraben-free.
It’s a sunscreen with 30 SPF and specially formulated for inked skin. This lotion will rejuvenate faster and protect the ink of your tattoo from fading away. It offers you a double layer of protection.
This Tattoo Care Sunscreen will deeply moisturize and give your skin long-lasting softness and relieves inflammation and itching to help tattoos heal faster.
- 30+ SPF protection
- UVA and UVB broad-spectrum protection
- Water-resistant up to 80 minutes
- Dermatologist tested
- Protects your tattoo against drying
- Nourishes your skin
- No Cons
This All Good Sports Butter Stick sunscreen is entirely oxybenzone free, GMO-free, gluten-free, vegan free, and does not contain nano zinc. The active organic ingredients in it, like green tea, rose hips, and buriti oil will repair your damaged skin.
It has no fragrance. You have to reapply after 80 min of swimming or sweating, after towel drying, or after 2 hours in general.
- SPF 50+ maximum UVA/UVB protection
- Non-nano zinc only
- Smooth and creamy organic coconut oil
- Safe for all types of skin
- Rated as 5 stars on Amazon
- Recommended by experts
- Few customers complain about poor packaging.
It is not easy to choose the best sunscreen for tattoos because some sunscreen can even permanently damage your art. That’s why you have to take extra care while choosing a sunscreen and any other tattoo aftercare product.
The brand says that this is the world’s first sunscreen, specially formulated for tattoo protection. They have developed the technology called INK-BARRIER after extensive research for months.
During the research of the best sunscreen for a tattoo, our team has talked about a few of INK-EEZE Ink Shield SunScreen Spray SPF 50 users. According to them, this one of the best sunscreens for the tattoo.
- Ink barrier technology
- Ozone and reef-friendly
- Coconut scented
- Best tattoo protection
- Contain high-quality skin-friendly ingredients
- No Cons
Ink-Eeze is one of the best and most trusted brands when it comes to tattoo aftercare. Hundreds of the world’s best tattoo artists recommend this brand, so that’s why you can trust this sunscreen with closed eyes.
It will protect your tattoo ink from fade away and protect your skin from skin cancer and early skin aging. What you have to do is just regularly use a sunscreen with a broad spectrum SPF of 15.
Everyone who has used this tattoo sunscreen is super satisfied with the results. It is rated as 4.8 stars on Amazon and other leading shopping websites.
- Comes from a trusted brand
- Recommended by experts and user
- Rated as 4.7 stars on all the leading shopping websites
- Not greasy
- Has SPF against sun fade
- No Cons
This H2Ocean’s surfer choice tattoo sunscreen spray is specially designed to protect your body art by damaging sun rays and keep your skin looking healthy.
It is formulated by keeping your beautiful art and skin in mind. Using SPF 50, this lotion will entirely protect your skin effectively from UVA and UVB rays of the sun.
H2Ocean Surfers Choice Tattoo Care Sunscreen Spray is a water-resistant lotion for over 80 minutes. It will not leave an oily residue. Talking about the active ingredients, this sunscreen contains Avobenzone 3.0%, Homosalate 15.0%, Octisalate 5.0%, Octocrylene 8.0%.
- Dries on the skin in less than 30 seconds
- UVA/UVB Anti-Aging with Tattoo Protek
- Water-resistant for over 80 minutes
- Loaded with Aloe Vera
- Leaves no oily residue
- Delivery is the main issue with this sunscreen, slow delivery.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Do you need particular sunscreen for tattoos?
>> No, you can use any available sunscreens, which are formulated with SPF 30+. Few sunscreens are specially formulated for tattoos, which will offer extra tattoo care. All the above-featured sunscreens are best for the tattoo.
2. How long after a tattoo can you use sunscreen?
>> It would be best if you waited for at least six weeks to start using sunscreen. You can start using sunscreen when the skin is entirely done with the healing process.
If you have recently got inked, then you should use tattoo sunscreen in order to protect your art/your tattoo from harmful rays of the sun. All the above featured are the Best Sunscreen For Tattoos available in the market.
Talking about our recommendation, we highly recommend you to go with Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Non-Greasy Sunscreen Stick for Face, and Coppertone Limited Edition ULTRA GUARD SPF 70 Sunscreen Lotion.
Those three are the top-rated sunscreens for tattoos and also recommended by hundreds of tattoo artists. We help this article help you find the best tattoo sunscreen for yourself, if this article helps you in any manner, then do share it on social media.
Please stay connected with us for such information and helpful posts.