Nautical tattoos are not just popular among sailor and navy men but also popular among boys and girls who admire sea life. Most guys opt for simple or small nautical tattoos but trust me a traditional or a large size nautical tattoo will look brilliant on sleeve. There are many different designs among nautical tattoos and each design hold a unique meaning. Here we show you the 50 best nautical tattoos with meaning behind each tattoo –
Nautical Tattoos Ideas And Designs
1. Instead of trying any new nautical tattoo you can always opt for old school or traditional nautical tattoos. Here is a traditional ship wheel tattoo design along with a quote and a landscape in background.
2. The artist cleverly inked this nautical tattoo design on chest. The artist showed a ship wheel along with a ship and sea waves in such a brilliant way.
3. Another cool nautical tattoo idea would be to opt for a traditional or old school compass tattoo design which is inspired from the nautical compasses of the Victorian era.
4. You must choose the size of your nautical tattoo wisely. If you are trying for a large size nautical tattoo then it will look good on chest or back.
5. Many people look for nautical half sleeve tattoos. One very good design is to include almost all important navigation tools such as compass, world map and an anchor like this.
6. Most people and artist ignore lighthouse in nautical tattoos but believe me they are very meaningful in such tattoos. You can try a lighthouse tattoo shining in a sea storm and it will represent hope.
7. Choosing just one pattern or design for nautical sleeve tattoos is really difficult. What you can do is opt for a compass or anchor tattoo in large size and get it inked over a sea tattoo background.
8. Instead of showing a stormy tattoo design you can try a tattoo that gives positivity. Go for a calm and peaceful nautical tattoo that shows a ship sailing in a calm sea.
9. Nautical tattoos don’t have to be limited to ships and sailors. Lets not forget that the sea is also sailed by pirates. You can try a unique pirate tattoo design like this.
10. Or you can try a marine animal tattoo. Usually people try shark tattoos but why not try a mystic sea animal tattoo such as a large squid tattoo or an octopus tattoo design.