Landscapes have always amused people. Be it in reality or in art form. Landscape tattoos are not alarmingly popular but such tattoo designs have their own decent fan following. Usually people opt for small size landscape tattoos but its upto you if you want to have a large size tattoo or not. Here we picked up 50 beautiful and scenic landscape tattoos for men and women –
Landscape Tattoos Ideas And Designs
1. I don’t think Thigh is an ideal place to have landscape tattoos but this tattoo is so scenic that I was not able to ignore it.
2. Forearm does not provide enough space for landscape tattoos. However you can opt for small size landscape tattoos like this on forearm.
3. Many people like to add fictional characters to their landscape tattoos. Here is a mermaid tattoo inked with a landscape tattoo.
4. Landscape tattoos need not to look pleasing and beautiful. You can opt for scary landscape tattoos like this. It seems to be inspired from the mansion of Batman.
5. You can also show night scene in your landscape tattoo design. For example here are various constellation added to landscape tattoo design.
6. If you opt for colored landscape tattoo design then make sure it is on a body part that is not much exposed or otherwise it will fade away soon.
7. Another popular option is watercolour landscape tattoos where you can use watercolours to ink beautiful landscape tattoos.
8. Mountain, rivers and forest makes a beautiful landscape tattoo and it will look even more amazing if they are colored perfectly.
9. You can also opt for a snowy landscape tattoo design where you can add snowy mountains and pine trees to your tattoo design.
10. Small details make landscape tattoos even more interesting. For example this landscape tattoo is looking attractive due to small pebbles.
11. If you go for small size landscape tattoos then you should have it in a geometrical shape such as square or diamond or circle.
12. It is hard to make small size landscape tattoos so ask the artist to show only major elements such as mountains and rivers for it.
13. It is not necessary to have a fantasy landscape tattoo design you can try a realistic landscape tattoo such as this one is inspired from Hawaiian beach.
14. This landscape tattoo design pays homage to latest advancement of human in the fields of infrastructure.
15. Do not add another tattoo design along with your landscape tattoo because it will ruin the beauty of both tattoos.
16. You can opt for surreal landscape tattoo design but they might not look good on every one and to everyone.
17. Your landscape tattoo does not have to have pleasant weather all the time. You can show a stormy night like this in your tattoo design.
18. There are two versions of landscape tattoos – one that shows the daytime beauty and another that shows the night-time mystic. Here is an all starry night time landscape tattoo design.
19. Most landscape tattoo design are close up versions but you can also show a faraway look of a landscape tattoo such as this.
20. Do not use dark thick ink for landscape tattoos because it will leave less space of improvisation. A thin pin will make the tattoo look better.
21. If your landscape tattoo design starts fading away then you can use watercolours to make it lively again.
22. While many landscape tattoos show clear weather with river, sun and mountain. You can show clouds and even rain in your tattoo design.
23. There are many optical illusion landscapes images online where you can see two different images from two different angels. You can opt such images for your tattoo design.
24. Girls can also try a landscape tattoo design entirely made of pastel colors. This way they can also add colourful creatures like butterflies to their tattoo.
25. You can also add portrait of young kids and children playing around in your landscape tattoo as it will give a pleasant feeling to the viewer.
26. There are many beautiful beaches in the world that could be used to make a beautiful landscape tattoo. Here is one example.
27. This landscape tattoo design was ruined by the pink flower tattoo ended later on. However I liked the heart shape of this design.
28. Apart from arms, chest and back, Many boys like to have landscape tattoos on calf too. Here is a beautiful landscape tattoo on calf of a guy.
29. Many landscape tattoos are inspired from real life infrastructure and architecture. For example this landscape tattoo beautifully shows the modern architecture of cities.
30. A landscape tattoo shown with sun is not only pleasant to eyes but also have agood meaning. It represents hope.
31. You can also show wild animals in your landscape tattoo design but make sure you show the right geographical landscape for that particular animal.
32. You can also have a landscape tattoo that shows all the necessary features – Mountain, river, tree, sun, clouds, bird and animals.
33. If you make a landscape tattoo using pastel colors then take a good care of it or otherwise it will fade away within a month.
34. Here is a beautiful illustration of a landscape tattoo design where the artist inked the landscape inside the silhouette of an owl.
35.There is no point of getting a small size landscape tattoo on chest or stomach as these body parts can afford large tattoos.
36. This landscape tattoo design seems to be inspired from the ‘Stairway to heaven’ look. The sun is beautifully tattooed here.
37. You can also add a hut to your landscape tattoo design and even better idea is to add light to the hut.
38. I don’t think it is a good idea to write a word or quote with your landscape tattoo because such tattoos are meant to look beautiful should not be distracted from.
39. The tattoo artist wisely sued the negative shades to show a beautiful mountain in this landscape tattoo design.
40. Even though landscape tattoos are mainly inspired from hilly areas yet it does not mean that you cannot have tattoos inspired from your surroundings.
41. Landscape tattoos can be really good cover up tattoos as there are so many details in such tattoo designs that they can easily ide any mark.
42. Landscape tattoos can also have lighthouses to them if they are inspired from a secluded beach or island.
43. Asian countries like Japan have many cities with scenic beauty. Here is a Japanese landscape tattoo design that shows mountain goat too.
44. Point of view matters a lot in landscape tattoos and you should clear your mind on whether you want to show positivity with your landscape tattoo or want to give depression.
45. You can also try temporary landscape tattoo designs like this. They will fade away with in weeks.
46. Many tattoo artists recommend to have boats and ships included in landscape tattoos. If you agree then have a large boat in your tattoo design.
47. Geometrical shapes give landscape tattoo a unique look. For example this landscape tattoo inside a diamond represents the balance of various things in life.
48. You can also pick up your favourite route or road for your landscape tattoo and get it inked over your body.
49. If you want to show moon in your landscape tattoo then you have to go for half moon or otherwise people might confuse it with the sun.
50. You can also show planets in your landscape tattoo design because on a clear night the whole galaxy is visible human eyes.
Which landscape tattoo touched your heart?