Couples like to have matching tattoos and the most popular and recommended design is King and Queen tattoos. There are many variations in King and Queen Tattoos with each design holding its own special meaning. But overall all such tattoos have one motive to show the love shared among the couple. If you are looking for meaningful and attractive King queen tattoo designs then you have come at right place. Here are 50 Pretty King and Queen tattoo ideas for couples-
King and Queen Tattoos Ideas And Designs
1. The most popular king and queen tattoo design is obviously the King and queen crown tattoo design. But placement of this tattoo design matters a lot.
2. Another cool King and Queen Tattoo idea would be to try them on fingers. Here is a King and Queen Crown tattoo styled on the wedding ring finger.
3. Every relationship has sad phase and happy phase. You can show it with a matching king and queen tattoo design that is inspired from the queen of hearts of playing cards.
4. A simple king and queen tattoo idea would be to get tattooed with the word ‘KING’ and ‘QUEEN’ in such manner that there is crown on the first letter.
5. You can also opt for king and queen chess piece tattoo design. Most people choose the black chess pieces for it.
6. Men are free to choose any type of king from the playing cards deck but women should only choose the Queen of hearts from the deck.
7. Subtle and tiny tattoos are more loved by couples than large tattoos. Here is a tiny K and Q tattoo design on fingers.
8. It’s your choice on which finger should you have K and Q tattoo. Most couple choose the wedding ring finger for this design.
9. If you wish to write the word King and Queen then I would recommend you to choose a fancy but readable font and also add a crown on the top of the words.
10. Here the tattoo artist showed a romantic king and queen tattoo on the back of this boy.
11. Hand is considered as the best place to have king and queen tattoos because they are visible to the world.
12. You can also try an offbeat tattoo design that gives you chuckle whenever you see it. Here the couple reversed the role of King and Queen among themselves.
13. Another pretty King and Queen Tattoo idea would be to mix up with the heart lock and key tattoo design. Here is a picture that show this idea.
14. You do not have to have the crown on the front of the wrist. Here the artist added crown tattoos on side wrist thereby giving them a unique look.
15. Girls can add flowers to their queen tattoo design while boys can add bees to their king tattoo design.
16. I am unable to understand what object the artist was trying to add to this king queen tattoo but In my opinion every couple has freedom to add their own unique patterns and styles.
17. Instead of trying K and Q tattoos you can also have your own name initials inked on your body and placing crown on their head just like this.
18. King and Queen are obviously considered to be rich and wealthy. So you can add key to treasure in your tattoo design and it will look beautiful too.
19. A King and Queen tattoo design will fade away after few months so I would advise you to protect it as much as you can because it is meant to be special.
20. Most people opt for large size ‘KING’ and ‘QUEEN’ word tattoos. In my opinion you can also try it with small font that could easily fit on fingers.
21. I don’t think a full back king and queen tattoo is a good idea – Be it inspired from Chess pieces or from playing cards.
22. Try to have matching tattoos with your partner. If you get the word ‘KING’ or ‘QUEEN’ tattooed on your body then your partner should also have it or otherwise it would not be meaningful.
23. You can add your own two word quotes with your king and queen tattoos. Some ideas are ‘Always Forever’ or ‘Love Always’.
24. Many couples fall in love with each other because they find the equal amount of craziness and senses in each other. If you and your partner have that craziness and spark then you would surely like this Punk King and Emo queen tattoo design.
25. One thing that you will notice in king queen tattoos is that the king could look like a ghost or a skull but the queen is always shown beautiful.
26. In my opinion side posing King and Queen tattoos will look beautiful and attractive only if they are posing toward each other.
27. This king and queen crown tattoo design on the back shoulder of this couple can be improved by adding a heart lock to the boy’s tattoo.
28. If you opt for the K and Q tattoos then make sure that they are colourful and not just in black. The letter Q will look beautiful in red color.
29. Instead of Fingers you can also try K and Q tattoos on thumbs. It will provide you enough space to have tiny crown tattoos too.
30. I don’t think it’s a good idea to have king and queen tattoos on foot or calf because they will not look heart touching.
31. As I said earlier the king here is shown like a rotten skull while the queen is shown in the prime of her beauty. DUH!
32. You can also add the word ‘MY’ in your king and queen tattoo. It will make the tattoo lengthy but it’s worth trying.
33. A unique King and Queen Tattoo idea would to add a heartbeat design to it. For example here in this tattoo picture the king and queen crown tattoos are separated by a heartbeat.
34. Queen of Hearts is sensible for a Queen tattoo but King of Hearts might not look pleasing on every guy. Ask your lady on which King she would like you to be.
35. Most people like to add portraits too to king and queen tattoos. I would suggest you to add a lion and lioness instead and it will look majestic.
36. If you opt for King and Queen chess piece tattoo design then there is no need to show the chessboard.
37. It is necessary to have the exact matching font for the King and Queen tattoos or otherwise it will look meaningless.
38. You can also opt for the blackwork tattoo art for King and Queen tattoos where the artist will use thick and solid black outline for your tattoo like this.
39. King and Queen tattoos are never meant as cover up tattoos and also do not have them with this intention.
40. You can pick up your favourite romantic couple from novels or movies and get them inked on your body.
41. I don’t think it’s a good idea to show a bleeding heart in your king and queen tattoo design so please avoid that.
42. You should try to get the king and queen tattoo that matches your personality. For example if you keep beard then show beard on your king tattoo.
43. K and Q tattoos will look elegant, impressive and meaningful on fingers only and if you try them on any other part of body then do add a crown or a portrait to it.
44. Adding a realistic heart to your K and Q tattoo design will make it even more impressive.
45. Many couple try double exposure King Queen tattoos. It is not sensible as the King queen tattoo will lose its value and impact.
46. Back of the neck is also an ideal place to have king and queen crown tattoos.
47. I don’t know why but many people choose to have king and queen skull tattoos. If you want such design then here is one for you.
48. Sites like Tumblr, Pinterest and Deviantart are filled up with King Queen tattoo ideas. They also have lots of drawings, paintings and sketches of king queens. You can pick up your design from there too.
49. I don’t know why the artist made the king and queen blind in this tattoo. I don’t think such ideas are good.
50. This King and Queen tattoo seems to be inspired from Game of Thrones. It can be improved by adding a heart on to the queen.
Which King Queen tattoo design would you like to have with your partner?