Honestly people around the globe are fond of Japanese culture and the popularity of Geisha tattoos is a proof to it. Japanese anime movies are already loved globally but in the tattoo world there is more than one reason to love Japanese culture. Geisha tattoo is one among them. Geisha are entertainers and host who are generous to their guests. Here we have chosen 50 amazing Geisha tattoos for men and women –
Geisha Tattoos Ideas And Designs
1. An elegant geisha tattoo idea would be to show the geisha beautifully hiding behind a sensu (Japanese foldable hand fan).
2. Some artist might get confused with a Geisha tattoo design and will end up an anime girl tattoo like this.
3. You can opt for a Geisha tattoo design that is inspired from the original looks of the Geishas as shown here.
4. Boys would like to have beautiful geisha tattoos but a girl could try any type geisha tattoo like here is a geisha shown with octopus legs.
5. Geisha are part of traditional Japanese cultures but this style was adapted by other countries too. You can try Geisha tattoos of other countries like here is a European geisha tattoo.
6. Geisha have to stay happy all the time but in reality they have a very stressful life. You can opt for a geisha tattoo with stress and pain in her eyes.
7. People like to add various objects to their tattoos but I don’t think you should add any distracting object in your geisha tattoo design.
8. A full back geisha tattoo design is advised only to those who fully understand the Geisha culture and respect it from the bottom of their heart.
9. Showing a Geisha tattoo in full attire is hard but still you can try to add maximum attire to your geisha tattoo design.
10. You can also give a gothic look to your geisha tattoo design. For example here is a mix up of Geisha tattoo and a Skelton tattoo.
11. Geisha were warriors too and they used to fight in the medieval era. You can try a Geisha tattoo with a sword.
12. You can have a watercolour geisha tattoo design and it will look even more amazing if you add a rain scene to it.
13. Mostly people consider Geisha to be $eductive and $exy. You can try a Geisha tattoo that looks $eductive, temp+ing and $exy.
14. If you use colors in your geisha tattoo design then keep in mind that you have to give it extra care or otherwise it will fade away quickly.
15. You should know the name of the clothing items worn by a geisha because it would be shameful if someone ask you about it and you are not able to name them.
16. Girls can also opt for a geisha tattoo design which have lots of flowers added to its dress just like this.
17. Even though I would not advise you to add a Japanese style home to your geisha tattoo but still many people like this idea.
18. You should know the difference between a Geisha, an 0iran and a maik0 before getting a tattoo because might end up with a wrong tattoo design.
19. A Geisha sleeve tattoo design is not so popular but if you still wish to have one then here is a design for you.
20. You can also base you Geisha tattoo design on a famous celebrity. For example this geisha tattoo seems to be inspired from Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra.
21. A geisha outline tattoo will fade away more easily and quickly then its colored counterpart but it will surely be a good temporary tattoo idea.
22. This geisha tattoo design seems to be inspired from the X-men Character Mystique that was made even more popular by Jennifer Lawrence.
23. Here is another Geisha tattoo design that is less inspired from the Japanese culture and more inspired from Disney animated movies.
24. Hairstyle of geisha tattoo should be given a lot more importance because geisha have neatly combed and tied hairs.
25. You can also try a double exposure geisha tattoo design in which the artist will try to show another image with your geisha tattoo.
26. If you want to show a Geisha holding a sword in your tattoo design then I would advise you to show the geisha fierce and aggressive because that way it will look even more attractive.
27. Japanese horror stories are really scary in fact more scary than European or American horror stories. You can give your geisha tattoo a scary look and I bet it will be impressive.
28. Girls can have a geisha tattoo design styled using blackwork tattoo art. In this the geisha tattoo will be made using solid thick black outlines.
29. Geisha use to wear white makeup. It would be good to add white make up in your geisha tattoo to make it even more realistic.
30. Even though I consider this geisha tattoo to be impressive yet I believe that it looks more like Goku (from Dragon Ball Z) in disguise.
31. This geisha tattoo design can be improved a lot (from the face in particular) but I liked the detailed dress of this design.
32. Adding flowers and butterflies to your geisha tattoo will give it a feminine look which is admired by a lot of girls.
33. A Geisha face portrait tattoo is way more attractive than a normal geisha tattoo because geisha have deep and hypnotising eyes.
34. If you wish to have a colourful geisha tattoo then the most recommended colors are pink, sky blue and white.
35. I don’t understand the logic of adding a koi fish to a Geisha tattoo design but in Japanese culture, Koi fish are considered lucky. So maybe you too can give it a try.
36. In my opinion a Black and Grey geisha tattoo design is hard to do as you have to show geisha in a traditional uniform.
37. Eyes of Geisha tattoo needs to be expressive and they should not be hidden behind make up. So ask you artist to keep that in mind.
38. Many Japanese stories and anime showed Geisha fighting various monsters and devils. You can have a geisha tattoo based on such stories.
39. Geisha tattoo are usually considered average cover up tattoos. They will work good on small portion and for that you have to use vibrant colors too.
40. The artist beautifully gave a neo traditional look to this geisha tattoo. He/She designed the whole geisha tattoo using black ink while added the flowers designs using orange ink.
41. I would not advise you to have geisha tattoos on hands because the rough skin of hand will give an inappropriate facial structure to the geisha.
42. I don’t understand why the artist added green color to the face of this geisha tattoo? Was he trying a Hulk geisha?
43. You can also add a Japanese quote to your geisha tattoo design but make sure you know the meaning of the quote or otherwise it would be meaningless.
44. Instead of back or chest you can have a geisha tattoo on forearm or thighs but it should not be scary.
45. If somehow the artist mess up with the face of the geisha tattoo then ask him to focus on the dress as it will distract the viewers from face.
46. This geisha tattoo design seems to be inspired from ancient Egyptian princess because the facial structure does not match a Japanese woman.
47. You can pick up from thousands of geisha paintings and drawings on sites like pinterest, tumblr and deviantart for your geisha tattoo design.
48. A geisha face portrait tattoo will look better on chest or back because on hand or forearm it will not get enough space.
49. You can also opt for a Geisha tattoo design that also shows the symbols of Buddhism or Buddha because many geisha converted to Buddhism.
50. Japanese geisha tattoo design might be disliked on Non-Japanese so try them only if you know about Japanese culture and respect it.
Which Geisha tattoo design you found most attractive?