Native Americans considered dreamcatcher to be lucky. People opt for dreamcatcher tattoos not only because they are believed to bring good luck but also because they have a beautiful design. Dreamcatchers were made using nets, willows, feathers and twigs. The tattoos of dreamcatcher also follows similar pattern but still you will find a wide range of variety in the designs. Here we picked up 45 impressive dreamcatcher tattoo designs for men and women –
Dreamcatcher Tattoos Ideas And Designs
1. As Dreamcatcher tattoos are considered lucky so I would strongly advise you to not have them on lower part of body such as foot or legs.
2. Girls like to have dreamcatcher tattoos on thigh. Personally I don’t approve such placement ideas but if you still want to go on then here is a design for you.
3. Usually dreamcatcher tattoos are carried out black and grey (because they look meaningful in such design) but you can also add prime colors (blue, green or red) to your dreamcatcher tattoo too.
4. You can opt for a watercolour dreamcatcher tattoo design if you are looking for a temporary tattoo. Here is a beautiful temporary dreamcatcher tattoo.
5. The feathers added to the dreamcatcher are integral part, so one thing that you can do Is color them using vibrant colors.
6. Dreamcatcher tattoos are usually medium to large in size and therefore they are good option for half sleeve tattoos. Here is a girl wearing half sleeve dream catcher tattoo.
7. Here is a modified version of dreamcatcher tattoo where the artist added a pocket watch instead of the net and some flower patterns too.
8. If your dreamcatcher tattoo starts fading away then you can use watercolour or pastel color to renew it. For example here is a faded dreamcatcher tattoo that is redesigned using pastel colors.
9. You can add other lucky symbols or signs too to your dreamcatcher tattoo design.The more decorative the dreamcatcher tattoo is the more attractive it will look.
10. The number of feathers added to the dreamcatcher tattoo also matters a lot. I would advise you to not to go beyond 5. People usually add three feathers.
11. If you are teenager girl or a woman in early twenties then I am sure you would love this Disney inspired dreamcatcher tattoo idea.
12. If you want to have a dreamcatcher tattoo on thigh then you can try it like a garter tattoo. For example here is a small dreamcatcher tattoo inked like a garter on the thigh of this lady.
13. A cool placement idea for dreamcatcher tattoo would be to ink the hanger on the upper shoulder and let it extend up to the bicep. Here is a picture of such design.
14. I don’t think a split or half dreamcatcher tattoo is a good idea but it will perfectly suit siblings or couples. If you love a person more than anything in this world then youcan try a shared dreamcatcher tattoo with him/her.
15. Instead of net girls can add a flower tattoo design in the centre of the dreamcatcher tattoo as shown here.
16. The best place to get a dream catcher tattoo design is either stomach or rib cage. Here is a guy having dreamcatcher tattoo design on ribs.
17. You can ask the artist to give 3D look to the dreamcatcher tattoo design by making the net look like a ball. Here is a 3D styled dreamcatcher tattoo.
18. Apart from feathers and net, Native Indians used to add beads too to their dream catchers. You can also have a dreamcatcher tattoo with beads.
19. Many people consider dreamcatcher tattoo design to bring bad luck. There is nothing like this, if you choose an appropriate design then it will surely bring good luck.
20. Instead of coloring all the feathers in one color you can have multiple colored feathers in your dreamcatcher tattoo. For example here is a dreamcatcher tattoo with two black feathers, one purple feather and one blue feather.
21. It is not a cool idea to have dreamcatcher tattoo design on hand because you won’t get enough space for the tattoo (TINY HANDS). If you don’t have tiny hands then here is a beautiful and realistic dreamcatcher tattoo design for you.
22. Some artist give equal size to the net and feathers while few others make large size net with small feathers. Here is a dreamcatcher tattoo with large net and medium size feathers.
23. Yo0u don’t necessarily have to hang all the feathers in your dreamcatcher tattoo design. One cool idea is to wrap the net with feathers just like this.
24. The alignment of dreamcatcher tattoo on rib cage can also be crucial in making the tattoo look beautiful.
25. Many people like to add Illuminati eye or God’s eye to their Dreamcatcher tattoo design because it give a sense that someone is constantly watching.
26. You can add two nets to your dreamcatcher design but do this only if you believe that it will bring more good lucky.
27. Small size dreamcatcher tattoos are rare but if you want a tiny dreamcatcher tattoo then wrist is the best place to have one.
28. Another ideal place for small dreamcatcher tattoos is inner bicep. Here is a tiny dreamcatcher tattoo with two feathers on the inner bicep of this girl.
29. You can add your spirit animal too to the dreamcatcher tattoo design. Here the artist added a wolf face in place of net in the dreamcatcher tattoo.
30. Siblings or couples can try matching dreamcatcher tattoos. Ideally they should place the matching tattoos on wrist or forearm or behind the ear.
31. If you wish to add flower to your dreamcatcher tattoo design then I would advice to pick up either a rose flower or a chrysanthemum flower for it.
32. A clever and innovative tattoo artist can come up with a brilliant tattoo idea for example here the artist gave a neo-noir look to the dreamcatcher tattoo design.
33. Is that three nets added to the Dreamcatcher tattoo or are they chrysanthemum flowers added to this elegant tattoo design?
34. Usually people do not focus on the net design of dreamcatcher. Here the artist amazingly showed a rope around the net and added feather couples to each side.
35. Even though I won’t recommend adding your dreamcatcher tattoo with another design but if you still wish to then you should keep in mind that the look of the tattoo might change.
36. It is hard to add a unique pattern like this (a pattern with optical illusion) in dreamcatcher tattoo but if you find such artist then I would highly recommend it.
37. This dreamcatcher tattoo is looking beautiful due to two reasons – one being the owl tattoo added in the net and other being the addition of realistic feather design.
38. A simple dreamcatcher tattoo idea would be to add a flower to the center of net and add another small net just below the bigger net that is enclosing the flower.
39. Dreamcatcher tattoos with quotes are hardly recommended but if you want it then I would advise you to use a quote of two or three words.
40. Another interesting idea for dreamcatcher tattoo is to add a sugar candy skull tattoo design to it just like this.
41. One cute idea for dreamcatcher tattoo is to add a realistic flower to it but make sure the flower you choose perfectly blends with the whole tattoo.
42. Usually I don’t recommend multiple tattoos at the same place but a small size dreamcatcher tattoo can be easily adjusted between several other tiny tattoos (such as here it is adjusted with a tiny elephant tattoo).
43. Dreamcatcher tattoos are not good cover up tattoos so do not even consider them for it.
44. Pinterest, tumblr and deviantart are full of native American art and craft style. You can find paintings, drawings and sketches of dreamcatcher on these sites. Pick your favourite design among them and get it tattooed on your body.
45. A UV black light dreamcatcher tattoo or a pretty white ink dreamcatcher tattoo design will also look good on girls.
So which dreamcatcher tattoo design you would love to have?