Dragon tattoos are among the top ten most popular tattoo designs. Dragons are mythical creatures that have been mentioned in various cultures across the globe throughout centuries. Did they really exist? Or were they part or pure imagination? People might have stumbled across bones of dinosaurs in ancient times and mistook them as dragons.
Anyways various cultures depict various kinds of dragons. Some show them fierce creatures who breathe fires. While other cultures like Chinese and Japanese consider them good omen. Some show them with wings while other shows them as elongated sea serpents.
As there are so many different depiction of dragons therefore one often get confuse to pick up the right kind of dragon tattoo for themselves.
Here we present you 50 amazing tattoos of dragons inspired from cultures of various parts of the world –
Japanese Dragon Tattoos
1. 3D dragon tattoos are hard to do can only be pulled off by an experienced tattoo artist. I would recommend you to try the 3D version of dragon tattoos on back or chest.
2. Many culture defined their own versions of Dragons. If you come across the drawings of Aztec dragons, you will find them fascinating too. Here is an Aztec dragon tattoo on the upper arm of this guy.
3. The birth of Daenerys dragons in game of thrones gave rise to the popularity of baby dragon tattoos. You can also try some baby dragon tattoos and here is one inspired from CN animated series.
4. In my opinion the best dragon tattoos would be those that show the fierce side of dragons. Also they should show the age as dragons supposedly lives for 1000 years.
5. Many people like to have colourful dragon tattoos. Of all such colors Blue dragon tattoos are very popular. Here is a cool blue dragon tattoo on the bicep of this guy.
6. Celtic art has given unique perceptions of every other art form in the world. Here is a celtic dragon tattoo on the chest of this guy that will obviously grab eyes due to its unique design.
7. It might get hard for many people to distinguish between Chinese and Japanese dragons. If you want to have Chinese dragon tattoo then go for a wing less creature and have it in red color.
8. Tribal dragon tattoos are coolest in my opinion. In fact the tribal tattoo art gained popularity in recent times due to its unique take on dragon and other animal tattoos.
9. Many girls ask for cute dragon tattoos and in my opinion such dragon tattoos are hard to do. Why? Because every tattoo artist knows that dragon tattoos look better in their fierce style.
10. Dragon tattoos are often mixed up with other tattoo designs to give a unique tattoo. Dragon lives for thousands of years. Phoenix takes birth again from its ashes. So how about a dragon and phoenix tattoo?