Celtic tattoos are not just popular in European countries but they have good fan following in western countries like USA and Canada. Celtic tattoos are derived from the art of celtic people. There is no proper documentation of the exact region of celts but many believe it to be near modern Ireland and Scotland. If you are looking for celtic tattoo design then you are on right page as we have selected here the 50 best celtic tattoos for men and women –
Celtic Tattoos Ideas And Designs
1. As Celtic tattoos were worn by celtic warrior so why not pick up a design that shows this fact. Here is a celtic angel wings tattoo design along with a sword on the back of this boy. (Cute pastel tattoos)
2. Small size celtic tattoos are not advised for men but girls can always opt for small celtic tattoos as they will look beautiful on them.
3. I would not recommend you to try a celtic tattoo design using watercolour. This will reduce the importance of the tattoo.
4. Celts gave a lot of preference to animals so it would be smart to opt for celtic animal tattoos (especially snakes) than any other design.
5. Just like many patterns of tribal tattoos, Celts too had their own patter of tattoos. Here is a traditional celtic tattoo design.
6. Celts were polytheists but by 5th century they turned to Christianity and gave their own thoughts on the religion. Celtic cross tattoo design is among the most popular tattoo designs in world.
7. Many of the celtic patterns and designs were considered looking within the community. Here is a celtic sleeve tattoo design that has a deep meaning.
8. Unlike other civilizations of the world, celts never fantasized about fire breathing dragons. They were more attracted to bears especially polar bears.
9. This is a traditional Celtic symbol that was worn by celtic warriors because it represented good health and long life.
10. You can give a Celtic touch to every popular tattoo design. For example here is a celtic anchor tattoo design on the bicep of this man.