Blackwork tattoos are made using thick ink and they are also known as neo-tribal ttatoos. This is because they are inspired from the oldest method of tattoo making – the tribal tattoo art. Blackwork tattoos are of thick black color and many also call them solid black tattoos. They are especially popular among people who are looking for cover up tattoos. Here we present you 50 solid black and amazing blackwork tattoos for men and women –
Blackwork tattoos Ideas And Designs
1. Even though artists use thick and dark ink for blackwork tattoos yet these types of tattoos can fade away if you don’t take a proper care of them.
2. If any of your tattoo design starts fading away then you can ask the artist to redesign it using the blackwork or neo tribal tattoo art.
3. As blackwork tattoos use thick ink so you should choose a body part that is less hairy for example forearm or shoulder.
4. The most beautiful kind of blackwork tattoos would be those that are inspired from natural black colors for example this beautiful black raven tattoo.
5. There are often tattoos of certain objects and accessories that are left with just outlines. You can try them in blackwork style. For example here is a knife tattoo in blackwork style.
6. Blackwork skull tattoos are even more beautiful and attractive than normal skull tattoos because the artist can give realistic look to the holes of skull.
7. Girls can opt for a designer black work tattoo design that looks like jewellery. The best place for this is hand or wrist.
8. A really impressive blackwork tattoo idea would be to opt for your zodiac sign as tattoo. Zodiac sign tattoos using black work turns out to be really impressive.
9. You can try tattoo design of medieval or ancient weapons. The blackwork look of weapon tattoos would be mesmerising and jaw dropping.
10. You can opt for any kind of animal blackwork tattoo design and it will look beautiful. Here is a beautiful koi fish black work tattoo on the back of this girl.
11. Flower tattoos are very popular among girls. You can have black work flower tattoos as they will look attractive.
12. Do not opt for too many blackwork tattoos on your body as it will lead to confusion. Have just one or two blackwork tattoos and they will be admired by almost everyone.
13. As blackwork art is inspired from tribal tattoo art. You can opt for any tribal design and give it a blackwork style like this.
14. Even quotes look beautiful with blackwork style. Here is a blackwork snake tattoo design with a quote.
15. Blackwork tattoos are known to give gothic look to any design. Here is a simple bottle opener tattoo design in gothic look.
16. Music note tattoos can look amazingly good in blackwork style. Here is a blackwork music note tattoo design on the thigh of this girl.
17. Blackwork portrait tattoos are also a hit among tattoo lovers because they give long lasting impression in the minds of viewers.
18. As blackwork tattoos give gothic looks to any design then why not pick up a goth tattoo and style it using blackwork art.
19. The immense popularity of blackwork tattoos is giving rise to neo-tribal sleeve tattoos. Here is a neo tribal sleeve tattoo for you to consider.
20. Hand is also a good place to try blackwork tattoo design because they are visible most of the time and you can admire their beauty always.
21. While the tattoo artist might suggest you to try blackwork sleeve tattoos on both arms I would say that it totally depends on you. One side blackwork sleeve tattoo also looks good.
22. Landscape tattoos look wonderful using blackwork style. It is easy to give an evening view or night view using blackwork tattoo art.
23. People who support wildlife conservation and conservation of trees and forests should try conveying their message using blackwork tattoos. The ill effects of deforestation could be easily shown by black work tattoo art.
24. If you opt for skull tattoo then one thing that you can try is adding the flesh of the skull using blackwork tattoo art.
25. Blackwork tattoo art can also be used to show dystopian future or high tech gadgets. For example here is a tattoo of a submarine.
26. Bloackwork tattoos can easily make any design look scary and horrifying. You might want to try this for a Halloween get up.
27. Large and fierce animals can also be inked using blackwork tattoo art. The best looking would be a black panther blackwork tattoo.
28. Girls should try neo tribal tattoos for a gothic makeup. Here is a blackwork tattoo design on the forearm of this girl.
29. Even though small blackwork tattoo design looks beautiful and impressive yet I would suggest you to opt for large size blackwork tattoo designs.
30. Many people opt for outline tattoos and if they want to make it look better than they should ask the artist to follow the blackwork method.
31. If you opt for a blackwork bird tattoo design then I would suggest you to either try blackwork eagle tattoo or balckwork hawk tattoo design.
32. A good tattoo artist can bring realism even to a simple tattoo design using the blackwork tattoo art.
33. Blackwork graphic tattoos are more in demand than normal kind tattoos. This is because many people like to have violent looking tattoos.
34. There are two patterns followed in blackwork tattoo art. One is to ink the whole part and other is to just follow the dotted method like this.
35. One very beautiful blackwork tattoo idea is to leave some space in the tattoo so that it brings out the negative shade and perfectly blend with the blackwork design.
36. Blackwork tattoos can be excellent cover up tattoos. You just have to make a huge neo tribal tattoo on the body part that you wish to cover up like this.
37. Instead of going for all black tattoo design you can leave some spaces in between as it will give a new look to the tattoo.
38. Many people opt for hot air balloon tattoos. Here is how a blackwork hot air balloon tattoo design would look like.
39. Religious symbols are not opted by people of all religions. But if you wish to have religious tattoos then opt for the blackwork style.
40. Not many people go for a war tattoo design but if any medieval war story attracted you then you can showcase it on your body with blackwork tattoo art.
41. Many people call blackwork tattoos as solid black tattoos but this is not entirely correct. You can opt for solid black outlines and it will also be cited as blackwork tattoo.
42. Solid line tattoos do not have a specific meaning but the tattoo that you choose in solid black color will surely have a unique meaning.
43. Blackwork flower tattoos look way more elegant than any other blackwork tattoo design especially on girls.
44. Here is a balckwork realism tattoo design where the artist inked portrait of a girl along with a picturesque view of forest.
45. Blackwork embroidery tattoo design are also in trend but they look beautiful on girls and nor on boys.
46. There are many tattoo artists in new York and new jersey who are specialist in blackwork tattoo art and can pull off a beautiful design like this.
47. Apart from shoulder girl can also try blackwork tattoo design on elbow as it will look unique.
48. There are many solid black paintings and drawings available on sites like tumblr, pinterest and deviant art.
49. You can choose your blackwork tattoo design from solid black drawings found on these sites.
50. This blackwork tattoo design was inspired from a solid black painting submitted on popular social networking site Tumblr.
So which blackwork tattoo design you loved the most?