The most common type of tattoo designs is of bird tattoos. Various ancient civilizations, tribes and cultures considered bird to be good omen. Therefore it was common part of many cultures to get bird tattoos. In modern day tattoo industry, bird tattoos are among the most popular tattoo designs but people often get confused in the choice of their bird tattoos. Here we present you 50 amazing bird tattoo designs for men and women –
Bird Tattoos Ideas And Designs
1. The very first bird tattoo idea that you would be suggested by your artist would be a sparrow tattoo on chest or hand.
2. There are different bird species of different shapes and sizes so you must choose one that represent your personality in one way or another.
3. Usually bird tattoos are suggested on the upper part of the body but if you choose a bird like crane then it will look beautiful on legs.
4. A flying bird tattoo design will look better than a caged bird or a sitting bird because flying bird would represent freedom and that’s what everyone wish for.
5. Rovio Entertainment’s Angry Birds is one of the most popular mobile games. You can reimagine angry birds into realistic birds and try a tattoo of them.
6. Unlike animals, birds are colourful creatures of nature and it is common to find species that have different color wings, head and other body parts. You can show this colourful variety in your tattoo design.
7. Birds are often considered as messenger of peace. So you can get a bird tattoo design holding a rose flower or a white lily like this.
8. Not only the type of bird you choose but also the pose of the biord matters in tattoo designing. For example the clouds in the background of this bird tattoo denote that the fird is flying high and free.
9. I usually do not suggest bird couple tattoos but this design on chest is very popular and it is perfect for siblings.
10. A popular take on bird tattoos is to ink those using watercolours. You will find many watercolour bird tattoos online and here is one that we liked.
11. Small bird tattoo designs are more popular than large bird tattoos. Girls usually love to have a pack of small birds flying across neck or feet.
12. Another beautiful idea would be to try bird and cage tattoo design. You have to show the bird breaking out of the cage like this.
13. The only cage or prison that a person would love to be stuck inside is the prison of love. This bird couple tattoo design beautifully denotes this feeling.
14. Even though bird tattoo designs are suggested on chest or back but I think hand is also a good place to have a flying bird tattoo design like this.
15. This small size bird tattoo design can be improved in the shape and design sector but the coloring of this bird is beautifully done.
16. Bird tattoo design will look even more beautiful id they are carried out in the tribal style. Here is a tribal bird tattoo design on the back of this girl.
17. Behind the ear or just below the ear is not a usual place to get tattoo but if you opt for a clever tattoo (like this bird tattoo) then I would strongly suggest you to get this part inked.
18. One really popular bird tattoo idea is to show birds coming out of a huge feather. Here is the live example of that tattoo design.
19. Woodpecker is one very adorable bird species and woodpecker tattoos are also very famous. I would suggest woodpecker tattoos to boys.
20. If you have two beautiful and detailed bird tattoo design on your body then do not ruin their beauty by adding multiple small bird tattoos.
21. Girls would like to have colourful bird tattoos and therefore I would suggest them to use pastel colors to get their bird tattoo colored.
22. No other bird tattoo design would look as beautiful as a black bird tattoo design. The use of golden color in this design gracefully increases the overall beauty of the tattoo.
23. Adding the sun behind your bird tattoo design will give the tattoo a deep meaning. It will represent hope against all odds.
24. I don’t think anybody would like the idea of a dying bird or an injured bird but if you are victim of betrayal then you would probably like this tattoo design.
25. If you are a patriotic person then no other bird tattoo would suit you as good as the bald eagle tattoo design.
26. If you are thinking of getting multiple flying bird tattoos then make sure the counting of the birds is as much as five.
27. You can also add flower tattoo design to your bird tattoo and it will represent that you are enjoying small things in life very much.
28. Couples can try matching parrot tattoo design on chest or shoulder or back. Parrots are considered very romantic birds.
29. Here is another beautiful bird and cage tattoo design. I don’t think there was any need to add a key to the cage.
30. A simple bird tattoo idea would be show a bird flying with a flower vine just like this.
31. Cranes are considered very intelligent birds who have lots of patience. If you have similar characteristics then you should go for a crane bird tattoo design.
32. You can also opt for a realistic bird tattoo design but keep one thing in mind that it will overshadow all your other tattoos.
33. I don’t think it is a cool idea to add quote to a bird tattoo design but if you still wish for it then choose a small size readable font.
34. Even better bird quote tattoo idea would be to have multiple flying birds and then a bible verse inked right below it.
35. Birds like eagle, hawk and vulture are skilful predators but in my opinion they should be shown with their prey in tattoo designs.
36. Only a clever tattoo artist can come up with such beautiful ideas. Here is a mix up of music and bird tattoo design where various musical notes are inked in the shape of a bird.
37. You can opt for hawk tattoo design but be sure that it have marvellous wings because a hawk has beautiful wing span.
38. Owls are among the top 10 most loved birds for tattoos. If you are science geek who likes to wake up all night then you should opt for owl tattoo design.
39. Parrot couple tattoo design should not be divided among the couples. They must be shown together as it is considered good omen in many culture.
40. Our earth inhabited many monstrous and mythological birds. You can opt for any such bird tattoo design but it must be on visible part of body.
41. Peacock is considered as the king of birds among many civilizations. How about a beautiful and colourful peacock tattoo design?
42. You can show a human portrait with a bird tattoo design but make sure that they do not look awkward with each other.
43. If you wish to add a tree to your bird tattoo design then you should try a palm tree because it will really improve the design.
44. You can also go for small and tiny bird tattoo design (most preferably for wrist or foot) just like this.
45. You can show a bird sitting on a tree branch in your tattoo design. If you show falling leaves in it then it will represent that you stay strong even in adverse situations.
46. The most $exy place to get a bird tattoo design is the rib cage. Do not go for large bird tattoos on stomach because the small bird tattoos will look amazing.
47. I don’t know why the artist added a starter to this bird tattoo but what I liked about this design is the bow just above the head of the bird.
48. There are not many tattoo ideas for back bone. The most suggested idea would be the flying bird tattoo design.
49. If you bird tattoo starts fading away they use watercolours to make it lively and beautiful again.
50. Bird tattoo designs can also be used as cover up tattoos and there are many bird species that can ideally be used as filler tattoos.
So which bird tattoo design would you recommend?